• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Eternal Champion VS Kirito

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr. Bambu said:
Right, same difference though. Being invisible is negged by AOE.
WHAT ******* AOE?! LMAO DUUUUUUDE We said it 100 times already. Kirito can't freeze anything as long as ET carries Spellbreaker

I believe SBA is assumed to make them aware that they're in a fight. Also, doesn't Kirito have like... insane senses to detect hidden foes? Like even ignoring the fact that he clearly can just freeze the entire area, enhanced senses take care of invisibility too.

Spellbreaker nullified incantations. You have to prove that kIrito has insane senses especially sensing a being watched from dimensions away. Otherwise, kirito will be a sitting duck as EC will drain his intelligence and mind hax him while being invisible and equipped with Lords Mail and Spellbreaker

> already told you why ice still works

> still ignoring that

I can see this debate is clearly getting through to you.

Yeah, if he survives being oblitirated by the plethora of hax the Eternal Champion has, sure his AP advantage would win him the fight. But alas that's is not happening.

Mr. Bambu said:
> already told you why ice still works
> still ignoring that

I can see this debate is clearly getting through to you.
IT DOESNT WORK DUDE. It doesn't matter if his ice comes from him, from his sword, from his ass, or from another dimension. It gets NULLIFIED

What is happening is EC is being frozen. Because AoE and his sword not being an Elder Scrolls thing does indeed exist.

"Can flash freeze a large area via the Blue Rose Sword"

No mention of magic. He can also do this through magic, apparently, but the sword itself, nada. At this point the three of you are ignoring that facet of this match. Kirito's ice in this instance has no showings of being magic based on the profile. Even the profile states the stuff believed to be "magic" in alicization isn't magic.

Let's relax everyone. It's getting pretty heated.

Bambu, how exactly would Ice get past power null? Because he hits before powernull? Or because the ice isn't magic?

Kirito waves his sword in TEC's general direction, GG.

Just saying the ice will go poof when you haven't shown evidence it would and claiming TEC would pull off multiple haxes before Kirito breathes in his direction is pretty close minded.

To be clear:

"Sacred Arts: «Sacred Arts» are System Commands in Project Alicization that residents of Underworld believe to be magic rituals. In reality, they are just words used to arrange thoughts and guide the emotions of the caster to make use of one's imagination power. Because of this, the imagination of the user may either improve or decrease the effectiveness of an art."

ThePixelKirby said:
Let's relax everyone. It's getting pretty heated.
Bambu, how exactly would Ice get past power null? Because he hits before powernull?
Because it isn't magic. The power null is explicitly on magical things- Kirito's does not fall under this, see above.

Edwardtruong2006 said:
cause 13 FOE is barely more than 8 FOE.
1.517x10^41 joules times 12 is 1.8204E42 Joules

1.517x10^41 joules times 5,000 is 7.585E44 Joules

The latter is Kirito.

So power null fails because he's not using traditional magic?

Magic at all.

EDIT: According to the profile this is classified as Reality Warping.

That would be correct if the ice was getting cast, which it isn't, which means the Eternal Champion isn't getting frozen. And let's say for argument's sake that it is gonna get that cast off, guess what it's irrelevant, because the Eternal Champion has immense ammout of magic resistance. So again moot point.

Just want to point out that the thing I'm talking about is indeed reality warping, which would make a great difference...

...but this isn't the ice thing. This is the only thing this key of Kirito actually has close to being magic from what I can tell, hence my bringing it up. The sword isn't.

Paul Frank said:
Just want to point out that magic in elderscrolls is reality warping carry on
Could you clarify?

If you're gonna argue for something not on the profile, you should at least provide the scans. I've done it myself before, but you can't expect people to immediately believe you if you have neither of those to back it up.

Magic based power null would be factored in by what TES considers magic. Idk how that applies to kirito though.

Ogbunabali said:
That would be correct if the ice was getting cast, which it isn't, which means the Eternal Champion isn't getting frozen. And let's say for argument's sake that it is gonna get that cast off, guess what it's irrelevant, because the Eternal Champion has immense ammout of magic resistance. So again moot point.
Why exactly is he not getting frozen?

It's sorta like SCP where you can tie basically anything supernatural back to reality warping at it's most simple, reduced level.

Magic in tes is done by imposing your will on reality

Take for instance a lightning spell you aren't making magic lightning you are manipulating the world into making real lightning

Magic in TES is super metaphysical and largely the following (pulled from Dovah):

" Reality Warping (All Magic comes from the act of an individual exerting changes upon reality in accordance to their Will)"

So if Kirito's ability was based on his own reality warping, that would be different and I would agree EC would null. But that isn't what the sword is tied to from what I can tell.

I literally said why he isn't getting frozen in the thing you are quoting. And verse equalisation still exists. And Elder Scrolls magic is reality warping, and if the sword of Kirito does something else you are welcome to prove that it's that. Not like it would matter either way since frost resistence exists as well.

Metalija said:
Lol are people really saying that freezing something with your sword is not magic? ONLY IN VS BATTLES WIKI
Magic is a vague and esoteric term. Some verses don't use "magic" like others do. Some don't use magic at all.

Paul Frank said:
Magic in tes is done by imposing your will on reality

Take for instance a lightning spell you aren't making magic lightning you are manipulating the world into making real lightning
That's cool, which is why Reki also used it in the form of Incarnation

Release Recollection on the other hand is kinda different, so dunno if TES magic quite equates

So TEC auto nulls reality warping but is still gonna null the sword that doesn't reality warp? Uh, yeah no. As was said 100 posts ago, freeze GG.

@Meta We take things as they are rather than assuming. Old sayings and whatnot.

@Ogbun The thing about this is we had a rather long discussion about Kirito's ice and how cold it is. It came out to about -271 C. Nearly absolute zero. Basic ice resistance does not cover that.

ThePixelKirby said:
Metalija said:
Lol are people really saying that freezing something with your sword is not magic? ONLY IN VS BATTLES WIKI
Magic is a vague and esoteric term. Some verses don't use "magic" like others do. Some don't use magic at all.
Any type of magic gets nulled because of verse equalization. If freezing something with your sword is not magic then what is it? A physical attack maybe? That doesn't make any sense

Magic can mean basically whatever you want it to. Some verses it's super specific, other verses it's basically anything unexplainable by the cast.

As such, when using stuff like "magic based power null", it will operate based off of whatever the home verse considers magic.

The freeze gets down into that range where molecules stop functioning normally, so you'd need a feat down there.

I have no idea what Kirito's stuff qualifies as btw. Not voting.

Ice manipulation.

It's ice manipulation.

Ogbunabali said:
Well you still need to prove it isn't getting nulled. And it's not basic frost resistence.
Burden of Proof fallacy. I do not need to prove why EC's abilities don't work on things in-game they don't work on. If Kirito's sword isn't magic, which it doesn't seem to be, then it is on you to prove EC's power null negs non-magical ice.

And how good is the frost resistance?

For examples of things that seem magic but are not in some verses, a bunch of the powers that Oryx, the Taken King has is said to be really advanced Hive science that works off of the physical laws that they import from the Ascendant Realm instead. Take a look at how much shit on that file could qualify as "magic" (though to be fair, he has actual magic too). There is no common sense one size fits all definition of magic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back