• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Eternal Champion VS Kirito

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not magic so no.

@Wok

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
~ Clarke's Law​

I can't find anything on Kirito's file that indicates that his freeze works off of RW. His file calls it magic, but it doesn't fit the TES definition which is what is relevant to the TES definition.

Ogbunabali said:
Because the fact that magic ice in the Elder Scrolls is still ice.
Yes, and that's very nice, but your arguments have ade it quite explicitly clear that the reason it is getting nulled is because it is magic, not because it is ice.

Mr. Bambu said:
Yes, and that's very nice, but your arguments have ade it quite explicitly clear that the reason it is getting nulled is because it is magic, not because it is ice.
I'm going to give you a second to read what you just wrote.

It doesn't just null anything ice related just because there is ice magic in TES. That sort of logic has it negating its own existence and that of the user because magic spells create things, or negating the ground, or the air, or a bunch of other stuff.

That's not what verse equalization does. Mechanics of stuff isn't immediately equated, especially when TES has a specifically stated one that does not align with most other things.

This is getting ridiculous. Unless its the result of reality warping, EC isn't nulling anything. He isn't resisting the ice either without feats of resisting ice colder than space/borderline AZ. Just saying "it gets nulled" over and over doesn't make this any more true unless you have the scans/videos/feats etc to back it up, something no one arguing for the Champion seems to be bringing.

If what you're saying is true than literally any character from Bleach beats everyone else, or a One Piece character beats everyone as well beacause they don't have Haki. Sorry but that's literally bias talking.

When you do an ice spell in TES you are not creating some magical ice from your hand. You litteraly comand reallity to give you real, physical ice. You basicaly reality warp that ice into existance. So whenever someone tries to do any type of ice manipulation the Spellbreaker reallity warps an opponent so that he can't do it. It works on any type of ice manipilation reagardless of how its created

Except that's not how verse equalisation works. If you say that that's how verse equalisation works than you are saying that Itachi beats TOAA beacause he doesn't have kekkei genkai, you do realize that don't you?

@Ogbun Chill. Being aggressive doesn't help your argument.

May I ask, is this looking to be inconclusive or a win for Kirito?

Yes. EC negs Reality Warping. Not ice in general. Unless you have feats of it working elsewhere.

ThePixelKirby said:
@Ogbun Chill. Being aggressive doesn't help your argument.
May I ask, is this looking to be inconclusive or a win for Kirito?
As it stands, depends on who you ask. Assuming verse equal doesn't allow EC to just power null literally anything without any feats of doing so (it doesn't), Kirito via freezing.

@ThePixelKirby At literally no point in this discussion have I been aggressive.

@Mr. Bambu The Eternal Champion nulls magic which include ice attacks.

Metalija said:
When you do an ice spell in TES you are not creating some magical ice from your hand. You litteraly comand reallity to give you real, physical ice. You basicaly reality warp that ice into existance. So whenever someone tries to do any type of ice manipulation the Spellbreaker reallity warps an opponent so that he can't do it. It works on any type of ice manipilation reagardless of how its created
Proof it actually works like that? What you are saying means I can't put water in the freezer to make ice with the Champion around. If the only thing it has negated is reality warping, the only thing it is negating is reality warping, not the end product of the reality warping.

Nah itachi loses to that because he has no feats on a tier 0 level. I also have no clue what kekkei genkai is because I barely do Asian media.

Bleach dudes are allowed to have the advantage of intangibility against dudes who don't have spiritual powers. Idk one piece at all either.

In that case, unless given a reason why this is a who-strikes-first match, I (sadly) vote Kirito via freezing.

Well kirito's own file describes it as magic so I don't really know how it would work. I'm more inclined to say since it doesn't fit the RW definition and that's what EC has been shown to null it won't work, but i'm not sure enough to actually vote.

I do believe we're treating SCP similarly though. Scantron Reality Anchors are some really high degree of power null specifically for reality warping. Now reality warping in SCP can be basically anything, and magic is low level RW, but we don't let those things null everything.

Ogbun, regardless of if you believe so or not, we are all knowledgeable enough to know that battles can get heated. Be careful and discuss civilly before anything gets misunderstood, alright?

@Wok

Kekkei Genkai means a genetic mutation that is unique to your boloodline, hence it literally meaning bloodline limit.

Invisibility, not intangibility. Only spiritual fodders get the intangibility via being that weak in Bleach.

We had a thread a little while ago where it was decided that without something to equalize or the character otherwise having a way around it, bleach dudes are invisible.

All you really need is some form of soul/spiritual energy or other way of seeing invisibles, but it's not equalized to absolutely everyone.

Similarly for stand users, you need to be able to manipulate your own soul or that of others, due to stands being invisible even to dudes who can see other types of invisible things.

Ok let's drop the null part for now. Even if the attack goes through that still doesn't change anything since magic resistance = frost resistance as well, because that's how magic resistance works in Elder Scrolls. So even if it, somehow, does go through (even tho it won't but for the sake of argument) it still won't freeze him since the Eternal Champion has way too much magic resistance, which again, means he has frost resistance by default, regardless of the source.

But the freeze is on a level approaching absolute zero. Does EC have feats on that level?

(not quite absolute zero but close enough to where the difference is usually irrelevant)

"They can be of any race, any gender, and do anything, and it will be all simultaneously and equally true regardless of contradictions, as the Prisoner is an entity that exists outside all possibility-points (Possible future branching paths). So the Dovahkiin will have every item they can use, every spell they can use, and will be able to act with maximum efficiency and use the best spells, shouts, techniques and attacks for the situation at hand."

By this logic, wouldn't the Dovahkiin also have no items they can use, no spells to use, be able to act with no efficiency, and use the worst shouts, techniques, and attacks for the situation at hand?

If everything truly does exist at the same time, then there would be the possibilities where the Dovahkiin isn't combat ready existing too.

That's an interesting point, Ogun. Could you provide feats for how strong his magic resistance is so we have an idea of what this would imply?

Doesn't matter if it's Absolute Zero tempretures the Eternal Champion can get to almost, for all intents and purposes, to 100% magic resistance.

AnonymousBlank said:
Metalija said:
Proof it actually works like that? What you are saying means I can't put water in the freezer to make ice with the Champion around. If the only thing it has negated is reality warping, the only thing it is negating is reality warping, not the end product of the reality warping.
It is also negating the end product of reallity warping. When someone throws ice on you in TES and you have magic resistance, that resistance reallity warps that ice to be less effective. When Kirito tries to do ice the Spellbreaker will recognize that he is doing ice manipulation and it will reallity warp Kirito so that he can't throw that ice

Ogbunabali said:
Doesn't matter if it's Absolute Zero tempretures the Eternal Champion can get to almost, for all intents and purposes, to 100% magic resistance.
Well, we don't really use "immunity" often. Could you provide feats of specific magic attacks he resisted?

@ThePixelKirby you can go to his profile and see that almost all of his artifacts give him some form of magic resistance which is passive.

Resistance doesn't stop one from using an attack/tech, it reduces the effectiveness of it against the guy with the resistances. What you described is also not a resistance, its another passive powernull via passive reality warping which is the same thing as Spellbreaker which has been established to do nothing against the ice.

No. Let me explain in detail Absolute Zero means minus 273.15 degrees Celsius. Ok? 5% magic resistance means minus 260 degrees Celsius, and so on. Is there something else that's unclear?

Can you show feats on that level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back