• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The DBZ Speeds...

Status
Not open for further replies.
But not 17 seconds bro, that's just too much, but we should take it, btw the blast was already on it's way to the moon when Piccolo said begone so...i donno but we should take 17 seconds nonetheless

No it's not. Now that we can use DBZ Kai for purposes about the manga, we can instead judge the time frame from there. (Evil grin.)

SwordSlayer99 said:
I agree with using the real life moon to earth distance. If Akira said that the distance is the same, then it is the same.

Also the OBD got the timeframe here http://www.narutoforums.com/blog.php?b=18403.
I've discussed that with DontTalk... there isn't a proper calc for how they got the timeframe cuz the link inside it is broken...

I link the thread where I discussed it with DontTalk in the first message but I'll link it again so here

SchutzenDunkelZiel1217 said:
I've discussed that with DontTalk... there isn't a proper calc for how they got the timeframe cuz the link inside it is broken...
They used aProjectile Motion Calculator to find the timeframe. After Picciolo fired his beam it launched a rock 390 meters in the air, which they then calculated to find out how much time it would take that rock to reach the ground, as the beam would reach the moon in at least the same time frame.

The 17.84 seconds timeframe still stands as that was technically proven, confirmed and accepted in the past. We simply aren't able to confirm it now. That is unless using cinematic time gets accepted...

They used aProjectile Motion Calculator to find the timeframe. After Picciolo fired his beam it launched a rock 390 meters in the air, which they then calculated to find out how much time it would take that rock to reach the ground, as the beam would reach the moon in at least the same time frame.

How did they know the rocks got sent 390 meters above the ground cuz there ain't nothing in the calc that isn't broken that suggest it....

SchutzenDunkelZiel1217 said:
How did they know the rocks got sent 390 meters above the ground cuz there ain't nothing in the calc that isn't broken that suggest it....
Look at the comments of the calc. "It sent rocks at that height and after the moon destruction they were still free falling , That is how i got the time frame" They pixelscaled to find out how high the rock was launched.

They found the timeframe for this feat the same way they found the timeframe for the Juubidama feat.

Yeah I want proof that the rocks got sent at that height not just a baseless statement. To get that height you need to pixel scale something and the link to where the pixel scaling would supposedly be is broken...

If they pixel scaled it then I would like to see it although do remember that as I already said the link for that is broken and the pixel scaling calc was deleted I believe. Which is the main reason why we can't confirm whether if the timeframe is accurate or not...

I already asked DontTalk if he could recalc that feat with proper explanations and reasoning on how the timeframe came to be but as you saw in the thread I link it would seem as though that isn't possible...

Heh, whether or not it was 17 secs or 1 sec, I'm just happy that this wiki is finally giving justice to Dragon Ball, we were called wankers for a long time and haters where everywhere, now it seems that things are going how is supposed to be, and all thanks to you guys! I greatly appreciate this as a DB fan, and I hope DB Super continues to deliver the feats needed to show the truth to everyone, agains, thanks guys and keep up with all the good work you are doing!

What happen to the rule of 30/60 seconds? Why are you using 17 seconds for this and not 60 seconds for Mimihagis speed? That is a outliner as well. >.<

So, Master Roshi should be Sub-Relativistic as well. Since he too blow up the moon in Dragon Ball. *Hides in the shadows and goes away.* <.<<<<<<.<<<.<<<.<<.<< I'm watching you.

HokageMangaVox said:
So, Master Roshi should be Sub-Relativistic as well. Since he too blow up the moon in Dragon Ball. *Hides in the shadows and goes away.* <.<<<<<<.<<<.<<<.<<.<< I'm watching you.
ok what?

he cannot react to the wave he chucked out, but saiyan saga characters can easily react to and dodge post training piccolo's waves

post training piccolo wave speed >> mid training piccolo wave speed

Sheoth said:
Hmm... I am personally fine with the cinematic time since it doesn't seem too flawed in this instance; but due to the fact that we have a more accurate and calculated timeframe, we should probably go with the 17 seconds instead.
I do find it wired that Piccolo would hold his arm out yelling BEGOOOOOOOONE FOR 17 seconds, but perhaps he only said it at the start and then just held his arm out for that duration?
On the first part, this.

The Living Tribunal1 said:
ok hold on, if i the 17 second thing were to be put into question- then will the 4 second time frame be used?
If he is as fast as you say and his body can react to the speed, it shouldn't even be 3 seconds. More like 1 second. >.<

ok what?

he cannot react to the wave he chucked out, but saiyan saga characters can easily react to and dodge post training piccolo's waves

post training piccolo wave speed >> mid training piccolo wave speed

Going by this: Raditz>>>>Special Beam canon>>>>Piccolo and Goku.

Raditz dodged the SBC so yeah his reaction is Sub-Relativistic+.

I don't get what you're talking about but the SBC is strong enough to pierce raditz so no SBC>>Raditz.

Master Roshi destroy the moon as well. His Kamehameha was easily dodge later by King Piccolo, would that make them Su-Relativistic as well?

HokageMangaVox said:
Master Roshi destroy the moon as well. His Kamehameha was easily dodge later by King Piccolo, would that make them Su-Relativistic as well?
nope, that wasnt the same kamehmeha

the one he used to destroy the moon was a max power khh with a lot of charge up time

The Living Tribunal1 said:
HokageMangaVox said:
nope, that wasnt the same kamehmeha
the one he used to destroy the moon was a max power khh with a lot of charge up time
That really doesn't matter though. Just because it has charge time, doesn't mean it's slower than Piccolo's attack. And Akira Toriyama also stated that Roshi was stronger than he first let on. And it hasn't changed in Super, he's still fighting against Freeza's Army.

He's at least stronger than Yamcha and Chiaotzu who should be Planet Level.

no what i meant is, cuz he had great charge up time, it had more speed and power than any other kamehameha that roshi used on db, it was never reproduced in db ever again

So we're still using cinematic time then? As he has shown mastery over the form. The science of it is to induce a transformation by maximizing all the muscles with ki, and energizing them with a steady flow of said ki to boost his physical abilities and concentration considerably. Go back and check the manga, he didn't use Max Power Mode against King Piccolo. You guys rely too much on science instead of common sense.

I'm fine with using the 17 second timeframe. If Toriyama says that the distance from the Moon to Earth is similar in the Dragon Ball universe then we should use that and not the previous calc which required angsizing the distance.

Use the Kai timeframe.

For one, it is our standard for the profiles since we agreed a while back (otherwise, Buu wouldn't be 4-A). For two, the timeframe gotten from the calc was improvised; as the manga did not state or show a definitive timeframe, a timeframe was gotten from other factors such as rocks falling. With Kai, we now have a timeframe given to us simply by counting.

And for anyone lambasting the use of "cinematic time", I challenge you; find one instance or scene in Dragon Ball which can unambiguously be said to not be cinematic time. Allow me to bring up an example. In Broly: Second Coming, Broly is hit by a massive Kamehameha that reaches the sun in seconds. One who is critical of using this feat to guage Broly's reaction/combat speed might bring up that the fact that the Kamehameha reaching the sun that fast is an abuse of cinematic time. On the other hand, consider a scene of two characters talking. There would be no cries of cinematic time abuse there, because they're talking in a timeframe that would seem to be realistic. Other than that, can one really say there's any difference between that scene and the one where Broly is pushed into the sun (besides subject matter, of course)? I will wager that the sole reason that Kai's timeframe is being criticized is that the beam reached the moon "too fast", so we picked a longer timeframe merely because the fact that it took longer makes it seem "more realistic".

Bringing cinematic time into the debate completely muddles everything because there is no real standard on what constitutes an abuse of cinematic time (other than the "realism" factor, which is moot anyway when dealing with series like Dragon Ball, or most anime or manga series for that matter).

Bringing cinematic time into the debate completely muddles everything because there is no real standard on what constitutes an abuse of cinematic time (other than the "realism" factor, which is moot anyway when dealing with series like Dragon Ball, or most anime or manga series for that matter). </div>

This

Unclechairman brings a very good point. Agreed with him completely.

I agree with Unclechairman. If we're using DBZ Kai, then we should the timeframe from there, instead of calculating a timeframe.

also, iirc the calculated timeframe was based on the assumption that the rocks in the final pannel were from piccolo's flight, when in fact, gohan too was causing rocks to fly in all directions

Hmm? Unclechairman makes a good point. What do the rest of the staff think?

(This would likely also affect the Naruto speed upgrade discussion.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back