• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The DBZ Speeds...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, though I don't know how much longer I'll be on (been getting pulled away by family members, throughout the day), but yeah. I'll keep an eye on it.

While the timeframe could be not an 100% true, it would be still more accurate and would have more sense in the context (the scene suggest that the KI Blast had reach the Moon in a few moments), at least in my opinion.

Another fact to take intro account is that cinematic time in Dragon Ball is mostly used to slow dow the action, than actually speed up instead (like when the characters fight at super speed), so the KI Blast could be even more faster.

But if we use the Manga, the KI Blast attack had instantly reach and destroy the Moon, suggest that any KI Attacks travel at Lightspeed.

Stefano4444 said:
But if we use the Manga, the KI Blast attack had instantly reach and destroy the Moon, suggest that any KI Attacks travel at Lightspeed.
No. We cannot use this logic. If we do, literally every attack in a manga or comic with an unspecified speed could travel at lightspeed.

Well whatever decision you guys come to, remember this will be scaled to the characters' movement speed as well since during the Saiyan Saga many characters were outrunning them in short bursts.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
No. We cannot use this logic. If we do, literally every attack in a manga or comic with an unspecified speed could travel at lightspeed.
How this example could put any attacks, with unspecified speed, at lightspeed?

Because this feat can be measurable, we are capable to estimate the possible speed of the KI Attack.

- We know (more or less) the distance between Moon and Earth.

- We know (more or less) how fast is the speed of light.

And we have already estimated that the light is able to reach the Moon in one second (to be precise, is around 1,3 seconds).

So this example, cannot be compare with other attacks that have neither feats or statements.

Stefano4444 said:
How this example could put any attacks (with unspecified speed) at LS?

This feat can be measured, we are capable to estimate the possible speed of the attack.

- We know (more or less) the distance between Moon and Earth.

- We know (more or less) how fast is the speed of light.

And we have already estimated that the light is able to reach the Moon in one second (to be precise, is around 1,3 seconds).
Because this is a completely random guess. We cannot say "We know the time it takes light to reach the moon. The beam hit the moon in an unspecified amount of time between panels. Therefore, it is lightspeed."

The measurements that have been given provide far more accuracy.

Well, if the calculation group said that is fine, then i'm also agree. I trust them like a blind man trusts his dog.

Anyway, the main issue is the timeframe, right? 17.84 seconds doesn't seem bad at all. IMHO

The Everlasting said:
Anyone mind getting me up to speed (Hehe) on this thread?
Saiyan Saga characters such as Raditz, Piccolo, pre-Kaioken Goku, and Nappa are almost certainly Sub-rel+.

Vegeta and Kaioken Goku are almost certainly Relativistic.

Currently, Tom is trying to find the author of the quote used on the back of DBZ volume 8, as it is an important part of the initial calculation, so I noted it would likely be best to find out if the summary was written by Toriyama or a random SJ employee, which will drastically affect its validity.

As for the Saiyan Saga stuff (Since that's all I can give my opinion on for the time being), I'm all for it, especially since the timeframe is actually a realistic one.

I dont think it took as long as 17 seconds i cant picture piccolo screaming for that long.But using the distance between our earth and moon would be more wise given that the author already confirmed it.

Just to make sure, none of this conflicts with Goku's speed when travelling down Snake Way right? At least concerning the Saiyan Saga characters.

I think that DBZ top tiers should be MFTL+ since Buu Saga even without anime feat since the distance between two populated planets is lightyears and Buu destroyed hundred of planets(I'm think "most" of them they are populated planets) in "few years". A planet like Earth needs a right type of star and a right distance from the star to be a homeworld for living beings(This is why aliens in real life are not founded easily).

Just to clarify, do you also think that we should use the distance to the real Moon from the real Earth?

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
So let me get this straight.
Using the initial distance between DBZ earth and DBZ's moon, the calc resulted in MHS+.

Using the distance between our earth and our moon, the calc is sub-rel, right?

I just want to clear this up before anything else.
Wait wouldnt it be relativistic? 300000 km is the distance light travels in an second, travelling that distance in 4 secs is like 1/4 of the SoL, R speeds starts at 1/10 of the SoL, so this should be 25% SoL, which is twice teh starting speed for R.

No because the timefram for cinematic events are not accepted, so they took the timeframe from the manga which is 17 seconds.

Antvasima said:
Just to clarify, do you also think that we should use the distance to the real Moon from the real Earth?
I don't see why you guys shouldn't since Akira was asked the exact distance and he said it's just like ours.

in dbz times, the cinematic time is ALWAYS stretched out- meaning if 10 secods passed in real time, its likely a LOT less passed in the fight scene/ scenario

that being said even if the 4 second time is not taken into account, any upgrade is welcomed at this point, even if its not a big as expected

^^I agree with you 100% but we have no way to prove it for that specific scene unfortuantely. That's the problem with cinematic timing. As you said, any upgrade is apprecitated right now

the likelihood of it being comprssed is tiny compared to the likelihood of it not being compressed (as practically all dbz fight scenes are compressed *cough* 5 minutes *cough*)

that being said, the 4 second thing is a losing battle, so i will give up since no one else will agree

TLT1 Agreed

Faisal, i think taking the 17 second is better since it's from the manga, even if it's shaky(i don't think piccolo was satanding for 17 seconds and screaming BE GONE!!!!!)

Aimenaltair Any timeframe from manga is better than anime/movie imo, since the guess is standard and educated. While in anime/movies they give us a set time frame which is either streched or compressed accordingly for the plot, compared to real time

In the case of DBZ it should be a lot less than 4 second since DBZ does everything in slow motion, but nothing can be done about it

so the speed aside, does anyone have an idea for when the namek saga to cell saga characters will be upgraded in tiers (AP, and dura and stuff)

Faisal, In Fact everything in dragon ball is stretched lol *cough* buu saga *cough*, the saga was like what 4-5 hours long but it took them like 21 hours in real time lol.

Hmm. You do have a point that it probably shouldn't take 17 seconds for Piccolo to shout that.

Aimenaltair said:
Faisal, In Fact everything in dragon ball is stretched lol *cough* buu saga *cough*, the saga was like what 4-5 hours long but it took them like 21 hours in real time lol.
I know right, DBZ was the butt of jokes for these. Goku vs Frieza is a benchmark example lol. I would take the manga calc over cinematic time anyday however 17 second looks too fishy to me

Hmm... I am personally fine with the cinematic time since it doesn't seem too flawed in this instance; but due to the fact that we have a more accurate and calculated timeframe, we should probably go with the 17 seconds instead.

I do find it wired that Piccolo would hold his arm out yelling BEGOOOOOOOONE FOR 17 seconds, but perhaps he only said it at the start and then just held his arm out for that duration?

I found scans of the feat:

http://www.***********.net/dragon-ball/208/10

http://www.***********.net/dragon-ball/208/11

Going by the scans it apparently took a little while longer than the shout until the Moon exploded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back