• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Darkened Knight King and The Hero of Empire City (Saber vs Cole MacGrath)

The hero of a city dropped his hand onto the shoulder of the kid in front of him. Blood melded into his red hair, barely distinguishable from the natural color. With the steel pointing out of his shoulders, and his face, he looked more like a pin-cushion than anything else. The little bits of rust didn't help much. "Alright kiddo. I can take it from here. Go save your girlfriends."

Shirou whirled back in surprise, fists at the ready. "Who are you? Are you another servant?" Caster, Assassin, Berserker, Lancer, and... Archer had been killed. There was nobody left but Saber and Rider. But maybe there was someone else. Another class even Tohsaka hadn't heard of.

"I'm no ghost kid, don't look at me like you just saw one." Cole smirked slightly, and put his hands up in a mock surrender. "I'm just here to help." He saw something inside the kid's eyes. A fire. Like a combination of the destruction of Empire City when his powers had activated, and his determination to save those he had put in that situation. But his fire was different. It was colder, less alive. Like a man writing himself off to die. The fire he saw in Kessler's eyes.

He wasn't sure where that fire came from just yet. He would find out, he hoped. Whoever Kessler was, he would find out. And whatever happened to this kid, he would find out. But right now? He had a world to save. And he wasn't gonna let some kid throw their life away.

"I'll take on that girl right there, you just run straight past. Go help that brunette in the red sweater." The kid opened his mouth to protest, but Cole put his hand up. "I'm not gonna let you throw away your life. You've got someone you love, right?" His mind called him back her. Her body on the cold ground. Her last words. "Live for them. Protect them with your life. None of your efforts will matter if you throw that away here." He looked the redhead straight in the eyes. "You hear me? And besides, if you save her, then..." His finger pointed to the black knight that had observed them silently the entire time. "That one will go away. Two birds, one stone."

Shirou thought about it. "I can't let you do that. You can't put yourself at risk like that. It's better if I-"

"Shirou." Cole interrupted, his voice laden with as much authority as he could muster. "No. Get out of here. Now." He thought for a moment, then quietly added one last thing. "Imagine how she would feel if you died."

Shirou's face drained, as much as a walking ball of steel could. His eyes darted around, digesting the thought. And then, they focused forward, and he nodded. "I'll trust you with this. I might not know you, but thanks for handling her."

Cole nodded as the kid began to run towards the entrance to the cave. The black knight turned to follow him, but a bolt of lightning cut her off.

"Not gonna happen. I'm the one you'll be playing with today." Her face showed no emotion. She merely readied her sword, black energy overflowing. Only a single sentance escaped her mouth.

"A fool should know when to die."

Speed unequalized. Fight takes place outside of the grail cave in Fuyuki at night. InFAMOUS 1 Pre-Final upgrades Cole and Saber Alter. 100 meter starting distance.

Guy who touched an electric socket and became a power plant:

Girl who touched the forbidden grail juice and became goth:

Salter just sits down and starts eating fast food: 2 (Wright, PTSOX)

I shouldn't cut into Wright's territory by writing InFAMOUS matches (stomp):

You will pay for stepping into my territory in due time peasant

So, going off the profiles, Saber trainwrecks Cole hand to hand and outskills him overall by a mile. She's better up close by miles, but Cole out performs at a distance just as well. Cole is comfortably faster, faaaaar more versatile, and just generally has more up his sleeve. If Saber closes the distance, MacGrath is dead and teleportation helps. However, Cole's speed, versatility, and range keep this from happening.

Voting Cole

Remember that Salter can spam Excalibur Morgan, or spam her mana Mana Burst, which is comparable to some Noble Phantasms.

Sigurd is not Salter.

Excalibur Morgan's blast is a linear AoE attack. She usually swipes upward when using it to add rocks and other debris into the blast for more damage.

Basically, if you're directly in front of Salter, and she uses Morgan, you're ****** unless you're able to dodge or block, which would involve range or good shields. It is an energy blast, so Cole's shields and reflectors might work on it.

KnightOfSunlight said:
Sigurd is not Salter.

Excalibur Morgan's blast is a linear AoE attack. She usually swipes upward when using it to add rocks and other debris into the blast for more damage.

Basically, if you're directly in front of Salter, and she uses Morgan, you're ****** unless you're able to dodge or block, which would involve range or good shields. It is an energy blast, so Cole's shields and reflectors might work on it.
Cole's not reflecting a 6-C attack. He can totally dodge if it's linear though.

If it's an AoE than Cole gets caught in yet another massive explosion

Except this time he won't be walking away with fancy superpowers

It's linear AoE, in the sense that if you moved to the side fast enough, you're good, probably. Though flying debris expands the horizontal range slightly.

Given that I've actually played Heavens Feel, I have a good response in a bit.

Give me time.

Schnee One said:
Cole beat a stronger Saber already.
EDIT: Actually no she might be slightly stronger
You sure? Gram with it anti-dragon trait + more skilled than Artoria + higher intelligent = she's dead. EM spam is her only way to defeat him.

...Which she spams to hell and back, enough to murder Heracles with. Salter is probably stronger.

Though I will say that it is worth a debate. So go and create a vs thread, if you want.

Well if it's linear than Cole can probably dodge via reflexes

Though the follow up debris may cause some problems. But Cole can probably counter with shockwaves.

So let's go over this, and I will continue with points I left from the Sigurd thread

AP: Saber scales to 610 Megatons, Cole scales to being vastly above a 265 (I think) Megaton feat.

Speed: Over 2x, significant for Cole.

Skill: Saber, always Saber, bar none, would murder Cole in CQC.

Abilities: Since Alter Saber doesn't have Runes like Sigurd did, Sword Attacks are kinda useless. Not only does the speed advantage allow Cole to escape like the Sigurd fight, a solid hit will likely be moot due to his Regenerationn.

MR is moot for multiple reasons me and Knight gave in the Sigurd thread.

Next is the Range Gap, SBA being 4KM gives Cole an overwhelming Range advantage.

But now the kicker.

Like Vel said, EM Spam is her only plausuble way to win.

.....She spams it a lot.

Seriously, she fires off two Morgans back to back just from being minorly annoyed by Mash's shield https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4CEwGqc1SJ8

And she immediately uses it against Rider the moment she stops using her agility to dodge.

So it comes down to if Cole can take her down before she lands One Morgan, as that's an insta win for Cole.

KnightOfSunlight said:
...Which she spams to hell and back, enough to murder Heracles with. Salter is probably stronger.
Though I will say that it is worth a debate. So go and create a vs thread, if you want.
Its already created before, and it goes to Sigurd favor iirc

Inconclusive FRA. Cole can dodge Morgans, but it's a coin toss between him taking her down or him trying to block the 6-C attack.

incon means Cole wins based off of the story, because he gives Shirou enough time to survive Kirei and Illya to use heaven's feel

I mean if you want to decide yourself go ahead I guess

Kinda leaning on Salter though tbh, considering she just needs one hit.

Well the reasons given seem good enough to result in an incon.

Like you said, it all boils down to if Cole can take down Saber before she lands a Morgan. Cole's got some pretty decent dodging skills (he's been bobbing and weaving through projectiles since the begging of the game), but Saber is coming in with a major skill advantage. However, Cole ain't no slouch in a long range fight, and while he can't call down multiple lighting bolts with his ult at this point, Overload Burst and Karmic Overload will definitely help him maintain long range dominance. Redirect rocket spam can also help him wear her down.

So like you said, it's coin toss on whether Cole uses Karmic Overload to through everything he's got at her or Saber swings her sword

Back