• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Commoner's Thread: The Death of SCP

"I, Optimus Prime, am currently significantly affecting a High 1-A structure."
RDT_20240318_0759258738119558796159394.jpg

Despite being an SCP fan, I understand why this is what led to its end here. Shame. SCP always had cool concepts and stories aside from the powerscaling stuff.

Heck, even the test logs for SCP-682 got influenced by powerscaling a while ago. So I can see why this had happened.

Despite being an SCP fan, I understand why this is what led to its end here. Shame. SCP always had cool concepts and stories aside from the powerscaling stuff.

Heck, even the test logs for SCP-682 got influenced by powerscaling a while ago. So I can see why this had happened.
L44Yelken is my #1 opp.

Whelp. Just got notified that this was happening. It’s unfortunate that it’s happening but I was always neutral about SCP being here so I’m not torn about it.

But it makes me worried because I have a concept that’s effectively how SCP works but on super steroids , and was inspired by my personal interpretation of a collaborate fiction, and this is seriously making me wonder if I should incorporate it into a site at some point if I really want all the trouble for it.

Whelp. Just got notified that this was happening. It’s unfortunate that it’s happening but I was always neutral about SCP being here so I’m not torn about it.

But it makes me worried because I have a concept that’s effectively how SCP works but on super steroids , and was inspired by my personal interpretation of a collaborate fiction, and this is seriously making me wonder if I should incorporate it into a site at some point if I really want all the trouble for it.
Can’t you just put it on FC/OC?

0VHwzrl_d.webp

Thor makes a reference to Battleboarding culture, Marvel Comics should be deleted from the wiki
Thor went to a few threads and disliked anti-feats, possibly and likely ratings. Wrote a rant thread or two about how the mighty god of thunder will settle for nothing less than the highest interpretation of his feats. The hammer in hand is a reference cuz he got banned, it's all between the lines.

Well what can I say? They cooked too hard.
Not to discredit the effort, but that's why you shouldn't pour your heart and soul into something as ever changing and moving as VSBW, into something that is essentially just a minor hobby. I have stuff I made but If it got deleted I wouldn't lose as much. I'd be upset but it wouldn't be nearly as bad as losing nearly 500 profiles.
Personally I never liked SCPs presence on the wiki, especially the way it was defended which usually consisted of a select number of staff dogpiling on a single guy.
I also just don't like how easy it is to get tier 0 there with just "affects noosphere". Before SCP upgrades tier 0 was special. It was a place where truly mythical and mysterious entities dwelled. Then it just contained like 20 SCP characters that just had nothing special to them from a first glance. Back when only the very top tiers scaled it was alright Ig but then it just became ridiculous.
Finally, just the idea of anyone's story being addable as long as its approved was always a mistake to allow on vsbw. Any writing skill beyond suggskill is already enough to hide scaling within profiles.

These are my personal feelings.

Well what can I say? They cooked too hard.
Not to discredit the effort, but that's why you shouldn't pour your heart and soul into something as ever changing and moving as VSBW, into something that is essentially just a minor hobby. I have stuff I made but If it got deleted I wouldn't lose as much. I'd be upset but it wouldn't be nearly as bad as losing nearly 500 profiles.
Personally I never liked SCPs presence on the wiki, especially the way it was defended which usually consisted of a select number of staff dogpiling on a single guy.
I also just don't like how easy it is to get tier 0 there with just "affects noosphere". Before SCP upgrades tier 0 was special. It was a place where truly mythical and mysterious entities dwelled. Then it just contained like 20 SCP characters that just had nothing special to them from a first glance. Back when only the very top tiers scaled it was alright Ig but then it just became ridiculous.
Finally, just the idea of anyone's story being addable as long as its approved was always a mistake to allow on vsbw. Any writing skill beyond suggskill is already enough to hide scaling within profiles.

These are my personal feelings.
They flew too close to the Tier 0 sun.

Funny thing is, I'm pretty sure SCP ain't even the top dog of tier 0, that is held by Self Reference Engine.
Hundreds and thousands of writers and none could outjerk a nerd who mathed so hard he made the strongest character.
Tbf with the change in how tier 0 works, soon there'll no longer be a strongest tier 0

Back