• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Commoner's Thread: The Death of SCP

You need a verified account to vote on an article (which is a pretty small portion of the people who use the wiki) and even then, most verified account don't vote on every article they see. John Anonymous can't affect the rating, they have logs of everyone who votes on everything.
Using a temporary email, I just made an account in about 2 minutes. C'mon man.

To my knowledge, the SCP wiki gets about 20-30 million views a month. 100 people is a droplet in a puddle by comparison, a number of people fairly easily achievable by anyone with, as I said prior, even a little bit of influence, yeah.
There’s a shit ton of people on YouTube but that doesn’t mean every channel is getting 2k likes or views. What your suggesting is simple improbable. I could make a hypothetical were some vsbw members could becomes a script writers for the invincible show a thus the invincible should be slapped off the wiki. It’s not happening and even if it dose it’s not guaranteed to work

x9megNd.png

This is the sign-up process, by the way. You just need to use a particular phrase (publicly available) and not have a questionable account. It's roughly the same as signing up on VSBW but ostensibly even faster.

There’s a shit ton of people on YouTube but that doesn’t mean every channel is getting 2k likes or views. What your suggesting is simple improbable. I could make a hypothetical were some vsbw members could becomes a script writers for the invincible show a thus the invincible should be slapped off the wiki. It’s not happening and even if it dose it’s not guaranteed to work
You are conflating knowing about powerscaling and just writing a story with knowing powerscaling and making op characters with the intent to put them on the wiki or for battleboarding purposes. News Flash: Most people nowadays know about battleboarding somewhat

I write a series, and I imagine if it'd got a big enough to get added to the wiki it'd stay... because I don't add tiering stuff just so I can have an OP character for matches.

There's a difference between writing while knowing powerscaling, and writing for powerscaling.

Haven't really been keeping up with the discussions on the topic nor know much about FC/OC wiki, but what particular rules does the SCP verse violate of FC/OC wiki and why can't it be migrated there. Can anyone give a proper explanation please.

are you really comparing "having a little bit of followers on YouTube" to "being a contributing writer to one of the most popular shows on Amazon, sufficient enough to make it Tier 1"

man

Haven't really been keeping up with the discussions on the topic nor know much about FC/OC wiki, but what particular rules does the SCP verse violate of FC/OC wiki and why can't it be migrated there. Can anyone give a proper explanation please.
We don't have the time or manpower to deal with an SCP migration, at that point we'd just be FC/OC/SCP wiki. Not to mention we have a more involved Tier 1 process where you must meet certain requirements and then the staff vote on if it can be added, and I doubt SCP will meet those requirements.

Not to mention we have a more involved Tier 1 process where you must meet certain requirements and then the staff vote on if it can be added, and I doubt SCP will meet those requirements.
I just wanted to know the protocols regarding this and what it might violate by taking an example of a character maybe?

You are conflating knowing about powerscaling and just writing a story with knowing powerscaling and making op characters with the intent to put them on the wiki or for battleboarding purposes. News Flash: Most people nowadays know about battleboarding somewhat

I write a series, and I imagine if it'd got a big enough to get added to the wiki it'd stay... because I don't add tiering stuff just so I can have an OP character for matches.

There's a difference between writing while knowing powerscaling, and writing for powerscaling.
um no, I’m talking about quality control and how changing the standards would effect powerscaler articles. Simply put suggsverse tier writing an’t getting 100 upvotes. If a powerscaler writers an article and it’s actually good then clearly there writing would have to change to make it popular.

are you really comparing "having a little bit of followers on YouTube" to "being a contributing writer to one of the most popular shows on Amazon, sufficient enough to make it Tier 1"

man
Not my best comparison I’ll admit, but the point is nobody is that pressed nor dose it even guarantee success

It's not a community-member's original fiction.
It's not a fan fiction.

It honestly that simple. Doesn't belong there.

More than that, it would fail Tier 1/0 standards by default because powerscalers don't really have the ability to speak on the intricacies and reasonings behind every single authors contributions to the cosmology. Lol.

x9megNd.png

This is the sign-up process, by the way. You just need to use a particular phrase (publicly available) and not have a questionable account. It's roughly the same as signing up on VSBW but ostensibly even faster.
I never went into much more detail about how to make an SCP.

But for example.

What stops me from making an SCP that is a giant piece of shit, using AI to make a coherent and well-written text for the SCP standards (from what I've seen AI can be used) and then at the end or in a hidden way saying that this Has cps ever passively killed another tier 0 scp (in the wiki standard)? And when it comes to votes, make 10 more fake accounts or simply ask 10 friends to give positive votes?

If this process is not difficult, the SCP verse whether or not it is simply a way of making an OC without being an OC and ending up, for example, putting it in vsbattle if the person is that type of person.

EDIT: I saw in the text that AI cannot be used, but I also saw that somewhere there was SCP generated by AI? I must have missed something.

But for example.

What stops me from making an SCP that is a giant piece of shit, using AI to make a coherent and well-written text for the SCP standards (from what I've seen AI can be used) and then at the end or in a hidden way saying that this Has cps ever passively killed another tier 0 scp (in the wiki standard)? And when it comes to votes, make 10 more fake accounts or simply ask 10 friends to give positive votes?

If this process is not difficult, the SCP verse whether or not it is simply a way of making an OC without being an OC and ending up, for example, putting it in vsbattle if the person is that type of person.

EDIT: I saw in the text that AI cannot be used, but I also saw that somewhere there was SCP generated by AI? I must have missed something.
You didn't miss anything, they just haven't properly applied their written rules on that subject so far.

But for example.

Technically nothing, it mostly just depends on quality of writing and if people actually like it or not. But if it’s just trying to get 10 upvotes with just a bunch of powerscaler stuff then with are current standards it is possible to be eligible for a profile
I think they were caught using AI or something I could be wrong

You didn't miss anything, they just haven't properly applied their written rules on that subject so far.
Serious? So can I do everything I said?

Don't you have an approval process or rule that you can't quote someone else's SCP?

If there is no process or this type of rule, for that reason alone I would be against the verse on the wiki, as it would only be an easy way to remove your OC from the OC category and place it in vsbattle.

Technically nothing, it mostly just depends on quality of writing and if people actually like it or not. But if it’s just trying to get 10 upvotes with just a bunch of powerscaler stuff then with are current standards it is possible to be eligible for a profile
Since apparently they don't implement the AI rule well, the writing can be good using AI and then changing some things.

And from the looks of it, the SCP page could stay if it doesn't get > -10 votes, right? So someone can just get it artificially.

Since apparently they don't implement the AI rule well, the writing can be good using AI and then changing some things.

And from the looks of it, the SCP page could stay if it doesn't get > -10 votes, right? So someone can just get it artificially.
depends, I’m mostly just suggesting(which probably won’t go through) that we up are standard to 100 upvotes so it’s not easy to just make some insane oc get a profile on the wiki

I can’t remember, I think it needs to get a certain amount of upvotes to stay on the wiki in to certain amount of time.

The SCP wiki requires -10 votes before it will allow staff voting to keep it.

We (VSBW) requires +10 votes to consider it "canon" and legitimate for use in profiles.

Now these are news to wake up to.
Bambu is now my favorite staff member.
Being real, I have no beef with the writing in and of itself but reading the OP I agree that there's an excess of influence from powerscaling. And it has got out of hand. When it gets like this, odds are the snowball will just keep rolling and growing until it's the size of the moon.

I don't think it can be denied that it has reached a point of no return in its effort to gain clout within the tiering system or power levels, anymore. That, together with the potentially exploitable ways to get said content easily accepted makes me agree that it's best to delete.

I'm curious if the authors who wrote the tales mentioned in the deletion thread had wrote them intentionally so that someday, they would make VBW annoyed enough for the site to delete their series because it was getting far too personal. This is especially the case with the author of Baroque Unreality parodying the site.

If it was the opposite, then they just made their goals worthless in the end unless they found some other wiki or site to take more powerscaling lingo from to buff up the SCP Foundation still which becomes utterly pointless when they're just one-shot tales that can be ignored.

What is your opinion when someone said they'll have you tattooed on their... buttocks
I resent that the suggestion was that the period would have to be the butthole. This would make it off-center.

That person should also be cast into Hell for an eternity of torment for saying that but that's between him and Odin.

I resent that the suggestion was that the period would have to be the butthole. This would make it off-center.

That person should also be cast into Hell for an eternity of torment for saying that but that's between him and Odin.
Ra would approve, so it's okay with me

eh, this kinda feels like an overreaction tbh. Sure it’s not good thing that powerscalers can crank out suggsverse tier writing thanks to are bottom of the barrel standards for accpetion. But then just change the standards. Anyways it sucks to see this go, especially since I only recently started to get into scps

I feel that it's worth acknowledging what the (self-proclaimed, at least) author for Journey through the Afterlife had to say. Ever since I read the page I believed it was written with the intent of powerscaling, though I believe that it was centered more towards CSAP's tiering system than VSBW, and based on what I've read, that seems to be true.
image.png

l2yiDjc.png

So while it seems that the particular article wasn't written with VSB in mind, it was written with battleboarding in mind, which should've seemed clear to anyone who actually read through it. The article went out of its way to attach Platonism to the story, which, while not entirely unique or problematic on its own, leads to a more concerning outcome when paired with the rest of it. The story describes the platonic concepts as "governing even the archetypal concepts of space and time". The use of the phrase "archetypal" is worth noting because there had previously been arguments in the CSAP community on what type of "concepts" are impressive, with many arguing that they have to be considered "archetypal". Even still, that doesn't do much but show correlation between the concepts in the story and proper platonic forms, as if to communicate "Yeah, it's THAT kind of platonic concept". What's concerning is that the article goes out of its way to then state that although Plato's theory of forms was accurate, it then decides to completely bastardize it and describe the world of forms as being the first among an infinitely layered structure, with each layer considering the ones below them as nothing more than shadows. This is almost exactly what 1-S is looking for, given that it's meant to be "High 1-A but the process is repeated infinitely many times", and platonic concepts are very commonly regarded as a sort of shortcut to 1-A in the community (High 1-A when including the Good in there).
Though it wasn't my intended outcome, it appears the author for Journey through the Afterlife has chosen to delete the article in part due to the controversy surrounding it. From what I understand, they intend to rewrite the article at a later point to have higher-quality writing.

Back