• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Commoner's Thread: The Death of SCP

If you make a story by yourself and make characters, they cannot be added (new sbattle) without notability, etc., but by creating any page on SCP the person immediately fulfills this issue by having linked their character on the scp wiki.
I found that to be an issue as well. Back when I wrote fanfics on a different site I remember getting 60 or so likes on some of them. If I could replicate the success, I could very much make an addable SCP. I feel as though it is unfair since it makes the bar for accepting anything very low. If SCP had a system where only highly liked stories with hundreds to thousands of likes could be added, it'd be one thing, but in this case it has too low of a bar.

Bambu has his own wiki?
I was banned in 2016, but I still wanted to work on this and found dissatisfaction with everywhere else. So I made my own wiki with blackjack and hookers, and little by little other people trickled in and made it into... something. I stopped working on it in 2018, when I was asked to return to VSBW as a Calc Group Member. I would attribute my work there with building the foundational knowledge I use today.

It's been used by a few other people here, in modern times, as a sort of testing ground and workshop. As it is already set up to an extent, I offered it for archival purposes, making some of the SCP representatives into staff to manage that archive.

SCP bros. It's over.

With a final vote tally of 12-4, the majority of staff members have decided to purge SCP Foundation related content off Versus Battle Wiki. Unfortunately, this means you have to back up and migrate your content somewhere else. And sadly, neither FC/OC or JBW (with the exception of -J SCPs) are willing to host SCP related content.

May you find comfort in where ever you migrate to. Farewell.

I was banned in 2016, but I still wanted to work on this and found dissatisfaction with everywhere else. So I made my own wiki with blackjack and hookers, and little by little other people trickled in and made it into... something. I stopped working on it in 2018, when I was asked to return to VSBW as a Calc Group Member. I would attribute my work there with building the foundational knowledge I use today.
I see

It's been used by a few other people here, in modern times, as a sort of testing ground and workshop. As it is already set up to an extent, I offered it for archival purposes, making some of the SCP representatives into staff to manage that archive.
So is this all a conspiracy to migrate SCP into your wiki and get more engagement. Was this your grand plan all along.

Well this sucks, not only did most of the scp supporters not even show up(atleast the mods). But it seems like most people kinda just ignored what I had to say. But I guess that was kinda expected to begin with

Nah, Bambu will win, as throughout the VS Wiki and Joke Battles wiki he alone is the revising one.

Also, I hate SCP and do not like its place on this wiki given his points, I don't expect this thread to last longer than a month, but I am of the belief that it's got to go. If people wanna powerscale SCP make your own wiki lol
Now that Bambu has defeated SCP... he has cemented himself as the strongest Jujutsu Scaler of today!

I see

So is this all a conspiracy to migrate SCP into your wiki and get more engagement. Was this your grand plan all along.
You nailed it, yeah. This is the start of my Open Revolt Arc.

I repeat my previous statement: There should be a new wiki for collaborative fiction verses
While a good idea, I would suggest that most collaborative fiction verses are theoretically fine. SCP is unique because it is open collaborative fiction- that is, anyone can contribute, and at least some portion of that population is using their contributions for VSBW-bleed.

Something like the Cthulhu Mythos, which had many many authors, wouldn't suffer the same issues as SCP.

Like VSBW or FCOC, but with only wiki-based verses like SCP, RPC, or The Backrooms. Additionally other collaborative verses not deemed acceptable for the main wikis, regardless if they use wikis or not.
How... Would that even begin to work in practice ? I'm interested though
Same profile formatting/tiering etc...

I repeat my previous statement: There should be a new wiki for collaborative fiction verses
I agree. I think if we want to migrate the SCP profiles somewhere (which I, and I think other SCP supporters do), I think it's best to make our own wiki rather than try to flood other wikis which may not approve of this with the profiles. Besides, Bambu's Wiki and PSW already have SCP profiles, and it would leave me with a bad taste in my mouth if we ended up either purging our articles which are already on the other wiki or deleting theirs

Last edited:
I think demanding SCP writers modify their stories for us is the worst possible way to go about this to be honest. It’s both an unrealistic expectation and would come off as very entitled.
Why? It's fairly in-line to request another website stop intentionally manipulating this one's system.

Why? It's fairly in-line to request another website stop intentionally manipulating this one's system.
The examples provided are either deleted, minor, off-wiki or satirical. If we ask to remove the satirical stuff, it'll come off as VERY entitled. As for the minor stuff, we can only nuke like one article. The deleted stuff is already deleted and the SCP admins have no jurisdiction over the off-wiki stuff

Last edited:
The tweet reads like this in my head.
F5hslvlXsAAJkQb.png

[Puts VSbattles terms to **** with VSB on purpose]

"Oh wow, they're finally taking SCP off the wiki!!! Omg we won!"

Manchild behavior me thinks.

I don't think so, but I do think this just means the decision was probably for the best. They clearly don't like us, we don't like them. We should just live and learn and move on.
Maybe maybe not, but tbh this an’t anything new. Most fandoms and people kinda just dislike or hate powerscaling as a whole to some degree. Even some monsterverse fans look down on it which I don’t think I need to state how ironic that is. Tbh I’d kinda just like to keep the verse on here just to spite them but that’s just me.

The Lovecraft Circle was like 10 dudes in the 1930s. Its not even remotely comparable.
...I didn't say it was, I'm saying they're both collaborative fiction. I'm not pushing to delete Cthulhu Mythos lmao.

Back