• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The commoners thread: Discussing Ultima's "On the Many, Many Incoherences of the Tiering System"

What about other than a Tier 0 enacting a rule upon a verse or acting on behalf of a lower tier? It seems kind of weird for a non Tier 0 to possess Tier 0 hax.

Tier 0 hax/abilities can only be obtained by a Tier 0 performing something on your behalf.

Since High 1-A+ no longer has restrictions on the number of inhabitants per series, lower-tier characters can have abilities that operate on that degree.

i heard platonic concepts will be 1-A again??
Yes.
Where was the latter decided? It's quite relevant to a verse I'm working on.
As in the lower tier characters stuff? That was as soon as Ultima broadened the definition from just "Characters that embody all possible worlds" to "Characters that embody all possible worlds, or who can affect arbitrarily many possible worlds". There was never any decision, discussion, or disagreement about that. Lower-tier characters being able to have abilities on that level just logically follows from that change. The only roadblock to that (the one character per tier restriction) was removed.

Yes.

As in the lower tier characters stuff? That was as soon as Ultima broadened the definition from just "Characters that embody all possible worlds" to "Characters that embody all possible worlds, or who can affect arbitrarily many possible worlds". There was never any decision, discussion, or disagreement about that. Lower-tier characters being able to have abilities on that level just logically follows from that change. The only roadblock to that (the one character per tier restriction) was removed.
Oh no, the first part. I thought only 1 High 1-A+ character was possible per verse.

why exactly 1-A
Platonic Concept: Such concepts, or forms, are completely transcendent of reality in every aspect. These forms are 1-A in nature, as they are beyond all spatial and temporal dimensional constructs and all of reality merely "participate" in these concepts. For example, a circular object is circular because it is "participating" in the form of "circle-ness". In this way, the alteration of these concepts will change every object of the concept across all of reality. These concepts must exist prior to and after the existence of any object of the concept.

thing is i can't find any source that talks about this

Last edited:
does what he is using have r>f . Does it scale to high 1A in the new tier system or it does not reach 1A . Also is Veldanava gon be tier 0 or no in the new tier system tensei fans are saying he is a all in one and one in all with no anti feats

Last edited:
does what he is using have have r>f . Does it scale to high 1A in the new tier system or it does not reach 1A . Also is Veldanava gon be tier 0 or no in the new tier system tensei fans are saying he is a all in one and one in all with no anti feats
no

Tier 0 hax/abilities can only be obtained by a Tier 0 performing something on your behalf.

Since High 1-A+ no longer has restrictions on the number of inhabitants per series, lower-tier characters can have abilities that operate on that degree.
Forgot to ask but can High 1-A+ characters be stronger than others in the same tier now?

Forgot to ask but can High 1-A+ characters be stronger than others in the same tier now?
Yeah. For example you could have a High 1-A+ with Tier 0 Smurf stuff.

Also I don't think that High 1-A+'s automatically possess every ability but maybe that's wrong. That tier is still a lil funky!

Veldanava gave up his omnipotence, thats already a massive anti-feat. Plus, merely being stated to be omnipotent or all-in-one stuff isnt enough to be Tier 0 on its own (which is all the evidence Veldanava has afaik), so it doesnt seem he qualifies either way.
Veldanava gave up his omnipotence thing they counter it with something like will of god and Veldanava are not the same . that Veldanava is an avatar that the will created
this will tell you

Platonic Concept: Such concepts, or forms, are completely transcendent of reality in every aspect. These forms are 1-A in nature, as they are beyond all spatial and temporal dimensional constructs and all of reality merely "participate" in these concepts. For example, a circular object is circular because it is "participating" in the form of "circle-ness". In this way, the alteration of these concepts will change every object of the concept across all of reality. These concepts must exist prior to and after the existence of any object of the concept.

thing is i can't find any source that talks about this
Thank you, but are there any verses that work on platonic concepts?

Yeah. For example you could have a High 1-A+ with Tier 0 Smurf stuff.
So we could also have say a High 1-A+ character who scales a bit higher than another one in power?

Also I don't think that High 1-A+'s automatically possess every ability but maybe that's wrong. That tier is still a lil funky!
Yeah, trying to wrap my head around the new changes in prep is a bit of a hastle because of that.

So we could also have say a High 1-A+ character who scales a bit higher than another one in power?
I believe all characters rated High 1-A+ would have the same AP, but they could differ in other regards.

i heard platonic concepts will be 1-A again??
Real platonic concept of course

Previous platonic concept in wiki will not be 1A even if that true platonic. That explanation are not enough for have 1A rating

It forget the most important part why that concept transcend reality as a whole. The Form (platonic concept) see the entire reality as shadow compare to it self. Without that statement i dont think platonic concept will get 1A rating by default, same as we dont give type 3 or 4 multiverse H1B or L1A by default

Previous platonic concept in wiki will not be 1A even if that true platonic. That explanation are not enough for have 1A rating

It forget the most important part why that concept transcend reality as a whole. The Form (platonic concept) see the entire reality as shadow compare to it self. Without that statement i dont think platonic concept will get 1A rating by default, same as we dont give type 3 or 4 multiverse H1B or L1A by default
I think it would be that easy because we're generally loosening our standards.

I think it would be that easy because we're generally loosening our standards.
But it not make senses at all even if we loosening the standard, we can take some randomly concept that stated to be eternal and unchanged also transcend time and space and make it 1A by default??
Even if that concept dont correctly use plato's theory of form??

I don't think Ultima is trying to loosen the standard. If he regards Monadhood as false then obviously the same applies to Platonic Concepts. Everything requires context and support from the setting or else, we’ll randomly give verses free leeway into 1-A. I'm pretty sure like R>F, Monadhood, and many more, it requires actual proof if it does exist, whether it is used correctly, and whether it is coherent.

I don't like this idea, Ultima is trying to lose the standard. It's completely different from the previous wiki tiering. It may favor some verses but the very same could be said about the previous one. It doesn't matter whether it looks easier to gain 1-A and above, it's simply how we regard the changes whether something is greater in terms of mathematics or conceptually. Clearly, the Ultima revision favors conceptuality, which doesn't make it less or easier to gain tier than the previous. I feel some of the mods that were neutral or disagreed are being too harsh on his ideas. Like 1-A being too easy to get or 0 being too religiously composed when clearly that was never the intention.

But it not make senses at all even if we loosening the standard, we can take some randomly concept that stated to be eternal and unchanged also transcend time and space and make it 1A by default??
Even if that concept dont correctly use plato's theory of form??
If they demonstrably use it incorrectly then it wouldn't qualify.

But if they just name drop it without explicitly describing the properties we care about, I believe we'd still give it 1-A.
I don't think Ultima is trying to loosen the standard. If he regards Monadhood as false then obviously the same applies to Platonic Concepts. Everything requires context and support from the setting or else, we’ll randomly give verses free leeway into 1-A. I'm pretty sure like R>F, Monadhood, and many more, it requires actual proof if it does exist, whether it is used correctly, and whether it is coherent.
No, he's explicitly said otherwise about BDE and Type IV multiverses. I see 0 reason to believe he'd act differently for platonic concepts.

now i get it why my verse didnt reach 1A yet on the current vsbw

But if they just name drop it without explicitly describing the properties we care about, I believe we'd still give it 1-A.
What??? Bruh..... i think the new standard doesnt work like that. That is absolutely absurd, everyone can take everything and explain it different from the original explanation, because it was just a fiction everything can happen

Even Dao in chinese novel have different explanation from each other verse

If it like that, it like saying "we dont care the context anymore, it is what it is"

there is no way this 1 statement is going to get 1-A
a7c410c4718f23c04b320cdd2d0f1f3ad544bfdfr1-428-952v2_uhq.jpg

What??? Bruh..... i think the new standard doesnt work like that. That is absolutely absurd, everyone can take everything and explain it different from the original explanation, because it was just a fiction everything can happen

Even Dao in chinese novel have different explanation from each other verse

If it like that, it like saying "we dont care the context anymore, it is what it is"
Yeah, but Ultima doesn't think we should assume that they have strange explanations by default. That's why "above dimensions" without any additional context would be Low 1-A, and it would only need a little more context to be 1-A.
there is no way this 1 statement is going to get 1-A
a7c410c4718f23c04b320cdd2d0f1f3ad544bfdfr1-428-952v2_uhq.jpg
Potential contradictions aside, it could. Just as how "They're from a more real world" or "They're from a more fundamental world" would.

idk why y'all're surprised; I repeatedly said "HEY EVERYONE, ULTIMA'S TRYING TO LOWER THE STANDARDS AND I THINK THAT SUCKS", to which Ultima responded "Yeah, they should be lowered" and other staff went "Seems reasonable".

Back