• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The ChatApocalypse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew_Schroeder

VS Battles
Retired
Alright, so.

Recently, numerous users including myself have been suffering from the same, recurring issue when it comes to using the VSBW Chat. Namely that while we can enter the Chat just fine, and the PMs work normally, the Public Chat simply freezes, and we see no new messages appearing. We can write and post messages, but we have to F5 the page in order to see them.

This has been going for some days and shows no signs of being fixed. Perhaps we should contact Fandom about it.

Yeah, we should contact Fandom about this.

This actually has been going on for like, two to three days since this weird glitch/lag has appeared

I will contact Fandom. They usually fix the bugs within a few days.

I am not sure if highlighting this is necessary, as I just wrote a letter to Fandom, but I suppose that it is good to inform the community.

Btw, while some don't suffer from this, other users experiences their PMs not being sent to those whom they messaged

I do not want us to install another chat program, as our wiki staff positions would not carry over. The new chat would be far more unprotected from trolls.

Maybe we should remove the highlight to this thread?

Alright, after some testing with other user it seems that the chat isnt fully fixed. I for example still needs to refresh and it seems that some other still have the problem.

Well, the Fandom staff will usually fix the problem within a few days after they have been informed.

I have received a reply:

"Hey Antvasima,

Thanks for contacting us. We believe these issues may have been due to some problems with some custom Chat JS, and the situation should be improving over time. Looking at the thread, it looks like some are seeing improvements? If so, this would match up with this being due to some cached old code.

Best regards"

Has this problem been corrected at this point?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back