• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Addition to the administrator rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crabwhale

Wasteland Gravetender
VS Battles
Administrator
Hello all.

I have for the past while been discussing with Ant regarding the one post limit admins can have regular members write for staff only threads. We've had our dialogue and our differences, but we have settled on increasing the number of allowed posts per user to three. This will not impact thread moderators, who are still capped at one. Furthermore, the rules will have to be rewritten accordingly.

This will be a bit of a test phase to see how this goes, so do bear in mind, for the admins of the week, to be responsible with this.

@DarkDragonMedeus @Mr._Bambu @Celestial_Pegasus @Andytrenom @Wokistan @Ultima_Reality @Elizhaa @Qawsedf234 @ByAsura @Sir_Ovens @Damage3245 @Starter_Pack @Abstractions @LordGriffin1000 @Colonel_Krukov @SamanPatou @GyroNutz @Firestorm808 @Maverick_Zero_X @Just_a_Random_Butler @Agnaa

I think this is a thing that ought to have been mentioned to the whole class, given that's a pretty tenuous issue, but I'm personally fine with a three post limit so I won't be making a stink about it.

I'm neutral but leaning towards this being fine. Of course there have been occasional cases of giving a regular user full permission to post whether it's due to it being their idea or it's because they're an expert of the topic at hand and a staff majority gave them permission including some Bureaucrats. Our policy for regular users has always been case by case. But I'm not against 3 posts being the new standard for having permission from a Admin to post.

As the person that first got the ball rolling for the idea, I'm fine with this. I think the change has been positive and it isn't as prudent to be as strict as we were.

Only staff members with evaluation rights can authorize regular members to participate in Staff Discussion threads. Thread Moderators and Administrators can only grant permission for a single post at a time; only Bureaucrats have the discretion to grant permission for indefinite posting rights. If a staff member determines that a regular member has misused their granted privileges, another staff member can remove them.
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Discussion_Rules#Permissions

This part is relevant to the thread.

Yes. What Crabwhale quoted is an old version of another rule that I think Dread worded in a very inappropriate manner. I do not see how it is relevant here.

1000049910.png

1000049911.png

Last edited:
Apologies, I appear to have grabbed the wrong screenshot for the wrong rule.

What I actually meant to post was:
Screenshot_2023-08-02_at_6.23.17_PM.png

Anyway, revisions shmirvisions:

-Only staff members with evaluation rights can grant authorization for participation on the Staff Board. Thread moderators are able to give permission for a single post, while administrators can give permission for up to three. Bureaucrats are the only staff members that can give indefinite posting rights for a particular staff thread.

Anyway, revisions shmirvisions:

-Only staff members with evaluation rights can grant authorization for participation on the Staff Board. Thread moderators are able to give permission for a single post, while administrators can give permission for up to three. Bureaucrats are the only staff members that can give indefinite posting rights for a particular staff thread.
(this seems fine, for the record, and more or less just says what you said before- I still have no problems with it, nor with the verbiage employed to describe it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back