• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Boxer Webtoon Discussion Thread

Yu can deal with weapons, sure, but Adam has guns, which are much faster than Yu, and have piercing damage. It's not him having weapons, it's just that he has weapons that Yu specifically cannot deal with.

I also don't see why Adam would resort to physical combat when he has the ability to just cap Yu.
I feel like it's because Yu is pragmatic enough to try and disarm gun and just start punching.

Speed equalized is not usually enough for "Gunner vs Brawler" type matches then? Even if we have them start in a place with a lot of cover?

Am I the only one that was heavily dissapointed with the ending? I had some other issues with the story like the repeat of "Opponent looks like a bad guy at first but has a sad backstory" but it didn't really bother me that much. The ending tho? it just pissed me off

Am I the only one that was heavily dissapointed with the ending? I had some other issues with the story like the repeat of "Opponent looks like a bad guy at first but has a sad backstory" but it didn't really bother me that much, but the ending just pissed me off lol
Bro getting mad over the ending for what 😭 😭 😭

Weapons aren't effected by speed equalized. The user is effected.
Ahhhh. Makes sense
Am I the only one that was heavily dissapointed with the ending? I had some other issues with the story like the repeat of "Opponent looks like a bad guy at first but has a sad backstory" but it didn't really bother me that much. The ending tho? it just pissed me off
It's a YMMV ending for sure. Though tbh I feel like as sad as K's backstory can be, it feels like it painted him more as a monster anyway. K and J's ambiguous ending was a bit annoying but is it because of Yu's fight that you're not satisfied with? Feel like something else should've happened?

Guys just wait for The Boxer sequel in 20 years it'll connect everything and answer all you're questions guys really

Weapons aren't effected by speed equalized. The user is effected.
They kinda are, they just get reduced by the same multiplier.

So like, if Jensen's speed gets lowered by 3x due to speed equalization, the speed of the guns will also get lowered by 3x. So while they are faster than Jensen, they still get slowed.

So like, if Jensen's speed gets lowered by 3x due to speed equalization, the speed of the guns will also get lowered by 3x. So while they are faster than Jensen, they still get slowed.
Never heard of this. 🗿

Ahhhhh. Goddamn that's actually better than what it was before and makes me wanna do the match more. And we usually downscale in speed rather thanupscale? (Making Yu as fast as bullets I mean)

Edit - I think I'll just look for the new speed equalized rules or something lol

It's a YMMV ending for sure. Though tbh I feel like as sad as K's backstory can be, it feels like it painted him more as a monster anyway. K and J's ambiguous ending was a bit annoying but is it because of Yu's fight that you're not satisfied with? Feel like something else should've happened?
The fight itself didn't bother me that much, though I wish it was better. What I didn't like was the message it was giving, felt like I was being preached at. And also how Yu's arc conclusion is just off screened and bam he is married to that girl and has kids.

Also did he just watch another crying and beat up kid on a similar situation to him and just told him to look up into the sky and be positive or whatever, like take him to a ******* police station or something lmao

The ending was cool, idk what people talking about, and it's quite satisfying to see Yu actually smile and be happy, considering he only smiled like once or twice in the entire series, one of them just being a threat to Santorino.

And yeah idk what's the problem with the ending.

It may seem rushed, yes, but in the end it was incredibly satisfying and the BGM in the chapter made it all better.

The ending was cool, idk what people talking about, and it's quite satisfying to see Yu actually smile and be happy, considering he only smiled like once or twice in the entire series, one of them just being a threat to Santorino.
I like seeing him smile but I also want to see why he smiles you know? I want to see how he goes from a traumatized child to a happy adult, we don't get to see that process, it's just offscreened.

The fight itself didn't bother me that much, though I wish it was better. What I didn't like was the message it was giving, felt like I was being preached at. And also how Yu's arc conclusion is just off screened and bam he is married to that girl and has kids.

Also did he just watch another crying and beat up kid on a similar situation to him and just told him to look up into the sky and be positive or whatever, like take him to a ******* police station or something lmao
Nah I getcha. Yu's arc I wish really was tackled on. Reunion with Carmen (but tbh their entire relationship was a bit speedrun there) and having more moments or even him reacting to the fight between Ryu and Jay.

J doing that really doesn't make sense at all. At least pick up the kid man.

And yeah idk what's the problem with the ending.

It may seem rushed, yes, but in the end it was incredibly satisfying and the BGM in the chapter made it all better.
Some readers probably didn't like the fact that depressed powered Yu didn't box anymore probably. (Not me tho lol). I definitely wanted Yu to be happy again but I also want more scenes of him being happy

I like seeing him smile but I also want to see why he smiles you know? I want to see how he goes from a traumatized child to a happy adult, we don't get to see that process, it's just offscreened.
It wasn't off screened? You read the chapter, yes?

If guns really do get equalized then Yu skill ***** in H2H 🗿
Guns are still a big advantage, but not by much.

So, an example being:

Character A has Hypersonic combat speed, with High Hypersonic gun

Character B is Supersonic.

In a speed equalized match, Character A's speed will be downscaled by a 4.5x multiplier to become Supersonic, and his Gun speed will get reduced by the same multiplier, instead of staying High Hypersonic (Which is ridiculous if it stayed, and just kind of defeats the point of speed equalization), it will be Hypersonic instead.

As such, anyone that has some reaction amp or has slow-mo reaction (Like Yu), the guns are still a threat, but not really by much, and aren't entirely invincible.

Feels like it could be said better but yeah they really did just kinda gloss over Yu's aftermath and actual epilogue. People were complaining for a good reason lol.
I mean I feel like that's just part of the ending being rushed. Which is a valid complaint, yeah.

Guns are still a big advantage, but not by much.

So, an example being:

Character A has Hypersonic combat speed, with High Hypersonic gun

Character B is Supersonic.

In a speed equalized match, Character A's speed will be downscaled by a 4.5x multiplier to become Supersonic, and his Gun speed will get reduced by the same multiplier, instead of staying High Hypersonic (Which is ridiculous if it stayed, and just kind of defeats the point of speed equalization), it will be Hypersonic instead.

As such, anyone that has some reaction amp or has slow-mo reaction (Like Yu), the guns are still a threat, but not really by much, and aren't entirely invincible.
Cool.

Yu still solos tho.

I fee like all actual debating with this matchup should be said for when said thread pops out lol.
I mean I feel like that's just part of the ending being rushed. Which is a valid complaint, yeah.
Yeah I don't think it's necessarily bad but I definitely would've wanted more.

I mean the added on Epilogue with Ryu and Jay was nice but imagine if it was linked to it.

Say if Yu was still boxing and though he was shaken by J's sacrifice, his matches with both Ryu and Jay (as his stats get lowered from not being depressed anymore) actually begins to become more a battle of ideals. Butthat'sjustatheoryamanwhatheory

Honestly the Ryu and Jay shit wasn't the best either in terms of pacing. Seemed really crammed in.

Honestly the Ryu and Jay shit wasn't the best either in terms of pacing. Seemed really crammed in.

Ryu's "You're my friend" was tbh very frigging weird. But I feel like Jay's was nice. I think they feel more crammed in because at that point we were expecting more from Yu's story than them. Or at least Yu should've been incorporated into their story somewhat. At least.

Also Yu's stats don't come from his depression guys the joke isn't funny anymore.

If Depression and Sociopathy are this OP, wait until someone pulls up with Autism :devilish: Gonna clear the whole verse.

I've only read a bit of Mosquito Wars tbh. Can't find a good translation.

Back