• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Battle Between TWO OLD MEN! Mr. Miyagi vs Ford Pines.

Lol a fight with profiles I both made. Cool.

Anyways we have no idea what Ford's experience is. Just that he's somewhat skilled due to how easily he curbstomped Stan. Nobody knows what he's done in that portal.

I think Miyagi's got the strength advantage. He effortlessly curbstomed someone who broke a concrete statue. No sold a bloodlusted weapon user hitting him in the spine with a stick while off guard. And chopped a giant wooden beam that two people can't budge of the ground. Miyagi can do some damage himself. Ford gets his rating through being stronger than Stan who gets his ratings just from harming large animals and stuff.

Miyagi also has the reaction advantage. Being able to catch an incoming arrow from an archery master. Ford definitely doesn't punch or kick that fast.

As long as Miyagi is willing to use these advantages and not go playful pacifist, he should be able to win. So Round 1 I'm iffy but give it to Miyagi since he certainly won't be taking the fight seriously at first, though I don't think he'd just let himself get his ass kicked by a worthy fighter who's trying to hurt him. Round 2 he wins.

Considering we only have one real solid feat from Stanford (subduing Stanley, which could easily be attributed to the element of suprise), I'm giving it to Miyagi. He's consistently proven to be powerful and a master of hand to hand.

Ford had the element of surprise advantage even though Stan spontaneously attacked him out of nowhere at first? Ford is legitamately superior to Stan. I still give it to Miyagi for my reasons about though.

EDIT: Well yeah Ford initially sucker punched Stan. But no fight came from it and then they had a full conversation afterwards in which Stan attacks Ford unexpectedly and he still easily wins the actual fight. Also Ford being able to hurt Stan, even if off guard, is impressive considering the things Stan is capable of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzY_HIWMrJM

Stan telegraphs his moves pretty strongly, and based on his line about "don't think I'll go easy on you just because were family" suggests he thought he was stronger than Ford, as he had been before he was sucked into the portal. From this I assume Stanley wasn't expecting retaliation, and thus, Ford suprised him. At least that's how I interpreted it.

How can you interpret Stan as being stronger than Ford when he explicitly says he's not holding back yet Ford is still effortlessly restraining him?

I'm sorry but that seems a bit presumptuous. We clearly see, even if Stan is somewhat telegraphing his first punch that Ford is casually dodging all Stan's attacks from close range and then proceeds to subdue him.

There's nothing really suggesting that Stan is actually the superior fighter and that Ford only got the upperhand through surprise, despite the fact that Stan was the one doing the surprise attacks and still got beaten after he said he wasn't going easy.

1. It might be legit, I'm just saying this is all were ever see of it, so it's kinda speculative.

2. I don't know the exact science, but I doubt he'd need to be stronger to force him to the ground when he's already restrained him. He only held him for a few seconds, and Stan seemed more interested in talking than resisting, which to me seems to imply even in this state he wasn't too worried. After all, he may have gotten out from under him, the fight breaks up too soon.

3. I think Stan is partially bluffing about using his full strength, since a) he isn't suprised that Ford, whom was always a scrawny weakling, dodged him, b) considering how hard Stanley can hit, he could have seriously injured Ford, and considering all he did to get him back, and how he believed he was weaker, I doubt he'd try to knock him out and c) again, he was pretty clearly telegraphing his first attack.

4. Just moments ago, Stan was thrown around the room, slammed into walls, crashed into the ground (in a gravity crash that shook the Mystery Shack), so I can't imagine he's in the best shape.

Stan gets angry at Ford, attacks him a couple of times to which Ford effortlessly dodges and then effortlessly restrains Stan after he says he won't hold back. He clearly just beat Stan in a fight.

What's speculative is all these assumptions like Stan didn't think Ford would fight back hence got beaten by surprise, Stan was actually lying that he was going full strength, Stan didn't care about fighting, etc. etc. which aren't really implied in the show instead of the simple thing we can see which is that Ford easily beat him in a fight.

Ford hasn't always been a weakling. He somewhat held his own against Stan 30 years back and tanked a sucker punch from him. The Stan that grew bigger and stronger since he knocked numerous teeth out of a mugger's mouth. Of course Stan wasn't bloodlusted but nothing suggests he was holding back his strength that much when we can clearly see him enraged and grunting/struggling as he's trying to get the best of Ford.

Except Stan is hardly showing signs of those things particularly impacting his state, especially when he's still able to walk around and fight people just fine.

The fight was Ford dodging an attempted punch and then a grab, and the grabbing Stanley and forcing him to the ground. That's all. It's never mentioned or brought up again, nor is Ford ever shown to do anything impressive. I'd hardly say you can draw definitve conclusions from that. Granted, I will agree with most of your points, but (at least to me) it seems unlikely that if Ford was far superior to Stan, it wouldn't be mentioned or talked about. It just makes it all feel like PIS.

Regardless, Miyagi has peak human speed with superhuman reactions and even if we assume Ford is superior to Stan, he's only Athletic human.

Ford being superior to Stan isn't really an important point that the show would need to keep repeating or bringing up. And why would it be PIS when nothing contradicts it? As for feats Ford does seem to have quite some impressive stuff, though those links might not be working any more.

Stan beat up a dinosaur, punched a boat sized squid back into the water and tanked being thrown into a wall hard enough to crack it and bend the ventilation pipe. Being much stronger than him wouldn't be just athletic human.

Yeah none of the links are working but I remember some of the events. A few are kinda questionable like the DnD game and shaving with flames, but I can't verify anything.

His fight with the pteradactly (I don't know if anyone has calced it) mostly involved him punching his eyes and face iirc and then steering him into a wall, so I don't know what to make of that. I don't recall any squid punching and Google reveals nothing, so links would be appreciated. I'd need to see the ventilation pipe, because they can be made of a lot of stuff with different durabilties, but I doubt that'd put him above wall level.

Also I don't know how relevant this is, but Stan is shown to have constant back pain that hampers his physical activity even having an orthopedic back pillow, and while I understand how this could just be played for laughs, the show goes out of it's way to show that, (at least for the most part) Stan is an old man. He has his moments, but he's not superhuman.

In fairness, again he punched the eye. But yeah, pipe feat checks out.

I wasn't saying you said that, just that that's as high as I think you can argue.

Stan is supposed to be the badass old man trope. Again, he has these numerous showings of his strength being considerably higher than what an average person is capable of. You can't just handwave them because he there's a few jokes about him having a bad back (which he can still have even if he's superhuman) and "he's just an old man".

A regular human couldn't push a gigantic squid like that back even if they punched it in the eye.

Plus I'm not even saying that the dinosaur or squid things are Wall level or superhuman. But a regular athletic man certainly couldn't do those things.

Okay.

That's fair.

That being said, I don't think he physically pushed the squid, I think he hit it in the eye, the squid reeled back in pain and left. I mean, people in real life can punch sharks and then they just leave them alone. This seems to make the most sense considering how ineffective his first punch was.

The squid clearly fell down not leave and swim away. Though I guess one could say he fell back from the pain and not from getting physically pushed.

No. But I think the pipe feat could get calced if someone cared to.

We'd have to know what the pipe is made of. My first guess would be iron but that's just a guess. Also getting it's dimensions would be tricky. We don't see it from any real good angles.

Well there's also the bit of the wall that got cracked as well. Either way to avoid derailing the thread much longer I'm just going to say Miyagi still wins this for now and call it a day.

I did some rough calculations and got Miyagi breaking the support board in one go to be around 22,700 joules, though it was really rough, but if someone calced it, I imagine it would be around there. If so, that's wall level.

Back