• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Auswählen

Status
Not open for further replies.
>Clearly not cause people have to dodge it

Lol with all due respect have you read bleach? First of all they are dodging it because they thinks if it passed through you then you lose your sternritter powers/die, even though this is not the case and secondly it sounds like yout being biased because people dodge 'light' attacks all the time yet some of these are still accepted here lol.

>So is every ki blast ever.

Well first of all this isn't a ki blast or even close to a ki blast and second of all as already explained it was used to support the fact that it does indeed have other properties satisfying light

>Both of these prove nothing, you are grasping at straws.

If anything, you saying it can't be intangible because they dodged it makes absolutely no sense so actually you're the one grasping at straws lol, everything I've said so far has been confirmed in the manga.

>It could be anytime of energy attack that isn't real photons moving at 300,000 km/s. The very fact that is is called a "Holy Light" implies it isn't real light, but rather something more celestial.

No because there is no other energy attack in bleach, what part of this do you not understand. Holy light is simply a name of the ability, it doesn't prove nor disprove it being real light, on the contrary it's refered to as a beam of light in many instances (again I'm not saying this alone proves it's real light).

>Or the Cage simply cannot absorb all Reishi as you claim and you're just holding onto a NLF.

How on earth is this an NLF any way lol, I think it's clear you're the one grasping at straws here.

>And it is very nice that you derail into insults a second time.

I have not insulted you just saying but if you somehow do feel offended by anything I've said I do apologize.

I recommend you read bleach or if you have then reread it or please consult someone actually knowledgeable about bleach to continue this matter since you clearly have no clue what you're talking about and it's rather frustrating that you are arguing as if you do. No offense, but that's just the reality of the situation.

The first point flew miles above your head. If it was intangible like you said people wouldn't have to dodge it. I fail how it is a point for anything?

Secondly, luminosity is never an argument for real light. Every energy blast in fiction has luminosity.

It being called Holy Light considerably implies that it isn't real, scientific light, but rather something holy as the name suggests. It being called a "Beam of Light" isn't proof of anything on its on.

I don't have time to evaluate this rn, but light can hurt people when focused in lasers and stuff like that.

So getting out of the way is pretty necessary

Thrid time now, the Auswählen is not called a Holy Light. That's just a narration, nobody is stating it. It's similar to how The Mugetsu had the "cut through time " text next to it in the manga.

It's also intangible, there's nothing that debunks it unless you really cherry pick here. Even then I don't think you have knowledge of Bleach with all due respect.

As I've said it is literally shown to be intangible in the manga if you actually read it and had a clue of what you're talking about rather than blindly refuting it.

You didn't understand what I said. If light in other verses are acceped as real light and hence intangible even though they need to be dodged, why does this not follow for this particular case? Or is your obvious bias cropping up again?

For the zillionth time I'm just saying the luminosity of it simply supports the argument, it's not the main argument for it being real light.

You clearly didn't understand this point either. I'm saying it was referred to as a beam of light many more times than it is referred to as a holy light, meaning any implication you may get from being called a holy light is redundant. Furthermore, "holy light" likely refers to the English translation of auswahlen which is "holy selection", just because that's the name of it doesn't imply anything, otherwise something g like sage of six paths ability names "creation of all things" implies it literally creates everything or killua's "speed of lightning" ability literally makes him move at the speed of lightning, I think you can see now that this is a poor and fallacious argument to make.

Matthew Schroeder said:
The first point flew miles above your head. If it was intangible like you said people wouldn't have to dodge it. I fail how it is a point for anything?

Secondly, luminosity is never an argument for real light. Every energy blast in fiction has luminosity.

It being called Holy Light considerably implies that it isn't real, scientific light, but rather something holy as the name suggests. It being called a "Beam of Light" isn't proof of anything on its on.

At this point I think it's on you to prove ,it isn't real light not the other way round ....because there's no other energy in bleach than reishi,saying things like "it must be another type of reishi "when nothing like that has been shown is just grasping and poor arguement.

Auswalen is most likely, from the looks of it, natural light manipulation... Heard of natural lightning manipulation haven't you? Kirin and such?..this is something similar

Furthermore, there are a few criteria which show a beam is NOT real light:

• It is shown at different speeds in the same material
  • It is tangible and can be interacted with physically by normal humans
  • They do not travel in straight lines (unless you can prove refraction/reflection, see above)
1-This is the only deed closer to the speed of light, Lille clay can control light but its light was not considered real.

2-The light shown in the deed is not tangible, it was intangible.

3-She is straight

4-It is said to be light by several experienced characters.

1. Just the weirdly shaped heads of the Auswahlen beams leads me to believe that they are not true light beams.

2. Jugram later on calls Auswahlen an ability whereby power is redistributed among Quincies. In other words, it is a spell of some kind. Just the weirdly shaped heads of the beams near the "unworthy" Quincy targets points to it being closer in nature to Kido than anything else.

Why are we still talking about this? LS was denied not because of what Matt said but because of what Solider said,or at least that's what I'm gathering.

Sure thing, I'll make a thread once we decided on what end of the Auswählen to use and after the Ichibei calc is made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back