• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Ashen One vs The Bloodborne Hunter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Bambu

Suffer-Not-Injustice Bambu
VS Battles
Joke Battles
Super Moderator
Administrator
Calculation Group
Silver Supporter
About damn time for this one, too. The most powerful protagonists of FromSoftware's best series. Plural of series. Whatever.

Ashen One, protagonist of Dark Souls 3 and slayer of the Soul of Cinder.

VERSUS

The Hunter, protagonist of Bloodborne and savior of Yharnam. Sort of.

Yharnam Sunrise Hunter, EoG High 4-C Ashen One. Speed Equalized (as always), No Verse Equalization. Because that shouldn't exist.

Who wins?

Change the Ashen One with Soul of Cinder and it would be a better battle.

Mind Hax with Bloodtinge? Remind me again how that one works? Bloodtinge largely relates to weaponry using Blood (guns and melee ones like Chikage and Bloodletter), not to mention magical abilities like Madaras Whistle.

Where is the mind hax?

Mr. Bambu said:
Mind Hax with Bloodtinge? Remind me again how that one works? Bloodtinge largely relates to weaponry using Blood (guns and melee ones like Chikage and Bloodletter), not to mention magical abilities like Madaras Whistle.

Where is the mind hax?
Sorry I meant bloodletter; bloodtinge is where the bloodletter's link sent me

Okay, how does the Bloodletter use mind hax? I'm open to the suggestion, I just don't recall anything of that for the weapon.

Mr. Bambu said:
Okay, how does the Bloodletter use mind hax? I'm open to the suggestion, I just don't recall anything of that for the weapon.
It sends out a aoe of frenzy which causes people to instantly die from pure insanity.

Having those powers doesn't mean he has every aspect. Harming ghosts doesn't mean much to Ashen One. That doesn't just let the Hunter manipulate the Ashen One's soul.

As for Mindhax, Frenzy... eh. I wouldn't call that a strong enough edge to win. He doesn't control the Ashen One at all, and it doesn't even send victims into a rage or "frenzy", so to speak. It just does considerable amounts of damage by screwing with your mind.

Note that I will say the Hunter would probably win if only based on more agile combat strategy, better ranged warfare (firearms), and versatile abilities. But... right. Just don't need any misconceptions here.

@Bambu The Hunter can physically damage the Ashen One's soul with literally every attack

Frenzy makes you go insane to death, thats pretty damn strong mind hax

The Hunter's pretty strong, he can fight against beings like Cthulhu.

Yes. But that doesn't really differ from his physical durability. The Hunter doesn't just slaughter corporeal beings because he attacks their soul. It doesn't really help the Hunter take down the Ashen One.

I thought the ashen ones power source is his souls; shouldn't hitting his soul be like punching him in the face considering people like him (chosen undead) have been hit by ghost before and been perfectly fine.

It is just hitting him. Beings without Soul Manip are able to hit him just the same. It lets the Hunter hit him in the souls, sure, but that doesn't mean his souls are going to make the Ashen One take more durability.

Would be like saying "He has a nose puncha! It lets him punch him in da nose! He uses his nose! That'll show him."

Doesn't make sense. He can already BE hit. His soul doesn't have different or lower durability. So hitting him there doesn't mean much.

WeeklyBattles said:
Attcking someone's soul is a form of durability negation
But the Ashen ones source of power is his souls so the hunter would be hitting a star level soul.

WeeklyBattles said:
Souls dont really have a durability unless they actually display it
But the souls are what give the people of dark souls their power; that's what Gwyn uses to keep the sun going his soul

This soul DOES display it.

The soul was used to become a Lord of Cinder. A Lord of Cinder powers a literal star.

Not to mention the Ashen Ones power does come from souls. So... right.

That doesnt mean their souls have star level durability

Even if they did it really doesnt matter, the Hunter is strong enough to damage them anyways

Not to mention I find the logic of "Able to hit ghosts = durability negation" to be a gross misunderstanding of how abilities work. The ability to hit incorporeal beings is equally as likely.

Mr. Bambu said:
Not to mention I find the logic of "Able to hit ghosts = durability negation" to be a gross misunderstanding of how abilities work. The ability to hit incorporeal beings is equally as likely.
We treat harming ghosts as being able to damage souls, and have so for quite some time. There are dozens of characters who have soul manip from being able to harm ghosts

@Weekly YES. Of course the Hunter is able to harm the Ashen One's soul, but that isn't a distinct advantage.

WeeklyBattles said:
So did i but apparently we treat it as straight soul damage, and have done so for quite some time
Yeah this site really needs to work on that. Edit* I agree that attacking ghost means that you can hit someone's soul

Well, I need to add soul manipulation to some Bo-bobo pages. ;-;

And uhm, well, yeah, how good is the Ashen One's Time Manipulation and Gravity Manipulation? And like, would resurrection be combat applicable, I know the second method isn't, but is the first?

TheHadouCyberspaceWitch said:
But the Resurrection? If it's combat applicable, can the Hunter negate it?
The hunter can resurrect aswell so it shouldn't be allowed in this match

Since when did harming ghosts count as soul manipulation? I have been lurking this site for a while and not once have I seen a character been given soul manipulation for harming ghosts.

Soul manipulation can harm ghosts, yes. But not all attacks that can harm ghosts automatically soul manipulation.

Ghosts are intangible, so to hurt them requires the ability to interact with the intangible, such as magic, psychic powers. Not just soul manipulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back