• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Amazing Digital Circus General Discussion Thread [Spoilers]

Oh & GlitchX starts in about 5 minutes from the time I'm posting this.
Schedule:
schedule.png
Note: Those times are in PST. I'm in EST.
4 PM PST is 7 PM, EST, but unfortunately, I'm not sure about other time zone conversions AtM. Sorry.
Youtube livestream:

Last edited:
Think that‘s just a fancy way of saying she has high durability
P much; they went on to describe physical pain in the circus being lesser than the real world, and the 'theoretically anything' being followed up with the example of her surviving such a beatdown from Abstracted Kaufmo

"It's a digital world, and obviously, I assume that means they can manipulate that world and do all kinds of fun things with it, like it's not just the circus tent: It's not just the Grounds, I figure there's more room to explore and like, create environments and stuff, so it's, it's, the possibilities are kind of endless I would say, and um, I want to see a beach episode." - Jax VA on what they'd like to see or have happen from Gooseworx.

Caine Low 2-C?!?

Nah but fr I'll actually lisen for actually usable stuff tomorrow after this ends. I just thought this one was interesting: Suggesting the possibility that the Grounds wouldn't just be the only thing that Caine could or has created on such a scale, and that it's a possibility.

I'm not 100% focused either, but luckily I was keeping up with a place where people were posting their reactions & some were posting conclusions from the Q&A.

when gangles happy she gets stronger, she gets floppier when upset
caine lets stuff happen as long as he thinks it's funny
caine brushes his teeth if he wants to, jax never does
Imaginym's note: Citation needed, I don't remember these.
inspiration for gloink queen was Queen Bulbax
jax loves sphagetti
pomni loves salmon
the ending was confirmed to be a reference to the last super "in a superficial way because it would be funny"
this applies to the other religious imagery in the show "because it was funny"
joking about people trying to find lore
theoretically they can physically survive anything in the circus, ragatha took code damage but they won't die unless they abstract
Imaginym's note: I recall Goose mentioning something about "damaging her code".
they can never die but they might feel pain, caine probably does this to keep them from going insane and feeling nothing at all

New lore: Caine allows them to feel pain when they get hurt so they don't go mad from not feeling anything.

Jax chose Gangle's name
Caine can change their clothes

jax chose his name
goose imagines jax also chose gangle's name
names are made by just mashing syllables until they "sound good"
ragatha's beta name was emmy/emmie
they can't change their clothes because it's part of their skin, only caine can change their outfits
goose confirmed to be inspired by certain spamton dubs to choose caines voice
goose has a folder of jax fanart they're collecting for their "personal enjoyment"
they're freaking referencing the maid jax drawing

If Pomni took off her hat, there'd be nothing like backface culling.

Gangle's sad mask doesn't break because it's closer to her "true" self, and her true self doesn't break
Imaginym's note: IIRC, Goose also mentions the comedy mask being more fragile or something.
Kaufmo was going to be part of the main cast, but then Goose made Jax and had to trim it down

Kaufmo image made in Blender, nothing below the waist.

the feast is everything in caine's memorybank library
sphagetti is real
whole spectrum of human emotions caine can't feel, so he can't empathize with it

Most of that was not typed by me, & that's probably not all there is to go over.
"It's a digital world, and obviously, I assume that means they can manipulate that world and do all kinds of fun things with it, like it's not just the circus tent: It's not just the Grounds, I figure there's more room to explore and like, create environments and stuff, so it's, it's, the possibilities are kind of endless I would say, and um, I want to see a beach episode." - Jax VA on what they'd like to see or have happen from Gooseworx.

Caine Low 2-C?!?

Nah but fr I'll actually lisen for actually usable stuff tomorrow after this ends. I just thought this one was interesting: Suggesting the possibility that the Grounds wouldn't just be the only thing that Caine could or has created on such a scale, and that it's a possibility.
You're a real trooper with all the work you do & staying up for all this.
Also, mind that that statement is from just Jax's VA. Not a writer or such, so I wouldn't put much stock in what he said.

Last edited:
You're a real trooper with all the work you do & staying up for all this.
Also, mind that that statement is from just Jax's VA. Not a writer or such, so I wouldn't put much stock in what he said.
You too!

Also yeah, I'm not taking it seriously, but it's funny to joke about the most ridiculous take away from such possible xd

Welp, no announcement of more TADC, but I'd already learned that the "special announcement" was almost certainly going to be The Gaslight District.
IDK what the heck they're cooking, with MD, TADC & a new show when they have yet to announce their big hit getting more content that fans are clamoring for.

I guess we gotta hope that they get good funding from the government &/or investors in the coming months.

Welp, no announcement of more TADC, but I'd already learned that the "special announcement" was almost certainly going to be The Gaslight District.
IDK what the heck they're cooking, with MD, TADC & a new show when they have yet to announce their big hit getting more content that fans are clamoring for.

I guess we gotta hope that they get good funding from the government &/or investors in the coming months.
FWIW, The Gaslight District was apparently in development even before Glitch came on board. Plus, they're also working on the final two episodes of Murder Drones, so there's also that to account for. For additional context, Murder Drones' Pilot was released at the end of October 2021: it wasn't confirmed to be getting a full season until February 2022, and even then they waited until after Meta Runner Season 3 released before finally releasing Episode 2 in November 2022.

So... yeah, like I said, par for the course.

Q: Can the characters feel pain?
----
goose: ".. they can get cut up, they can get stabbed, they can do any of that. i like to think that they feel a little less physical pain then you would in the real world just because .. they do so many cartoony wacky things and like .. maybe feeling less pain would be more like existentially terrifying "
why would caine program them to feel pain?
goose: " .. because he feels like he should, he's not a very good ai. he's-because if you take away pain they go insane. "
goose: "have you seen that where people are in a room alone, and like-there's a button that shocks 'em and they always press the button twice? because they'd rather feel pain than be bored. ever seen darkman? he can't feel, it's crazy!"

Rough transcription of something notable I found from the Q&A.

----
goose: ".. they can get cut up, they can get stabbed, they can do any of that. i like to think that they feel a little less physical pain then you would in the real world just because .. they do so many cartoony wacky things and like .. maybe feeling less pain would be more like existentially terrifying "
goose: " .. because he feels like he should, he's not a very good ai. he's-because if you take away pain they go insane. "
goose: "have you seen that where people are in a room alone, and like-there's a button that shocks 'em and they always press the button twice? because they'd rather feel pain than be bored. ever seen darkman? he can't feel, it's crazy!"

Rough transcription of something notable I found from the Q&A.
So if they feel way less pain than they normally would that must mean kaufmos glitching/pain manipulation must be insanely strong considering Ragatha was in genuine agony and this is the same character who took a knife to the face and didn’t react at all.

Rewatching the episode, Zooble does have a feat. Kind of. At one point, her head is ejected, despite, IIRC, having been either swallowed by the Gloink Queen or being carried by a Gloink.
Zooble's head goes flying, launching both it & Kinger against a wall.

We also see a table be swallowed by The Gloink Queen & Gloinks get spat out the other end. Does objects fuel The Gloink Queen creating more Gloinks? Or is it some kind of Transmutation?
The latter would be a resistance, if Zooble ended up inside The Gloink Queen & didn't get turned into any Gloinks.
Or did Caine create the Gloink Queen with them being unable to convert/transmute the cast?

Did Zooble's reassembled body come from retrieved & reamassed, reattached stolen parts, or were the parts from the Zooble box?

We also see a table be swallowed by The Gloink Queen & Gloinks get spat out the other end. Does objects fuel The Gloink Queen creating more Gloinks? Or is it some kind of Transmutation?
The latter would be a resistance, if Zooble ended up inside The Gloink Queen & didn't get turned into any Gloinks.
Or did Caine create the Gloink Queen with them being unable to convert/transmute the cast?
Either way seems like a resistance with Caine creating them to be immune to transmutation

Either way seems like a resistance with Caine creating them to be immune to transmutation
I mean that Caine may have created The Gloink Queen to be unable to transmute the performers.
IDK if he creates the bodies the performers give. It'd especially be weird given I doubt all of them are happy about their newfound physiologies, yet Caine wants them to be happy; If he could design their bodies to be more to their preferences, I think he would.

But we can be pretty sure The Gloink Queen was made by Caine, so Caine probably either had no ability or no desire to make it able to transmute them.

Also, the Wiki doesn't grant immunity unless you lack what an ability acts upon; Immunity to Transmutation would require having nothing to transmute.

Last edited:
In unrelated news (unsure how to think about, or contribute to recent stuffs ngl): A bit outdated given the wiki height debacle, but someone actually calculated Kaufmo's speed (Subsonic).

Given Pomni was successfully able to run away from him, it seems this speed stat for the characters should be consistent given Jax could also run fast enough to create an after image, right?
I'd wanna know what others think.
Also, calc needs evaluation.
Maybe save for a thread after the AP upgrade?

This fandom is weird, why is there already sprite fight animations? It hasn't even been a week since the first episode released.

This fandom is weird, why is there already sprite fight animations? It hasn't even been a week since the first episode released.

We can thank early Newgrounds and the likes of Mario Bros. Z for sprite fight animations. I think they're based.

Death Battle when it started on Screwattack, and for awhile after had sprite fight animations for those who also remember

We can thank early Newgrounds and the likes of Mario Bros. Z for sprite fight animations. I think they're based.

Death Battle when it started on Screwattack, and for awhile after had sprite fight animations for those who also remember
I remember.
It's funny that Yoshi STILL beats Riptor. RIP, angry, edgy lizard, lol.

Hey all of you! Nerds, clowns, VS debaters, whatever! Are you awake? If you are, what are you doing up at this hour?!
But if you aren't awake, though, then you missed a big announcement about 2 hours ago!

"GLITCH2 hours ago
100. MILLION. VIEWS. In exactly 1 month.None of us even came close to expecting this. THANK YOU!!!💖It's so clear to us now that the world wants more high quality independant animation and we hear you.There will be more Digital Circus."

....I wouldn't hold my breath, though. Especially not literally; Less than half a minute isn't enough time to get much done.

But yeah.

THE AMAZING DIGITAL CIRCUS GOT OVER ONE-HUNDRED MILLION VIEWS!!! In just 1 month! (Slightly less than that, in fact, contrary to what Glitch claims, if I'm right.)
(& Glitch has over 5 million subscribers.)
& most notable for us is they've said "There will be more Digital Circus."

Mind you, for all we know, that could just mean not episodes, but shorts or plushies, t-shirts, comics, etc.
Views does not necessarily equal automatic greenlighting.

Last edited:
Mind you, for all we know, that could just mean not episodes, but shorts or plushies, t-shirts, comics, etc
That seems unlikely because it would be intentionally misleading and would piss a lot of people off which isn’t good for anyone. So I think it’s fair to say we’re likely getting actual episodes.

That seems unlikely because it would be intentionally misleading and would piss a lot of people off which isn’t good for anyone. So I think it’s fair to say we’re likely getting actual episodes.
Even if they are an indie creator, a creator being misleading, especially this early on...?
I dunno, I'm still wary.

Some say to "Prepare for the worst, hope for the best" or such, but I do appreciate optimism in this situation.

Some say to "Prepare for the worst, hope for the best" or such, but I do appreciate optimism in this situation.
Yeah; I'm optimistic! I doubt that the studio would be flippantly referring to non-episode content or merchandizing that also wouldn't be like, maybe supplementary media (the show's concept did start through a comic) with this kind of announcement. 100m in a month is insane numbers, and being propelled up to 5 million subs definitely means they kind of have to continue delivering TADC lol (among their other popular series like Murder Drones, of course).

Wouldnt this be Immo 2?
"Immo"?
Wait it did? Like an actual physical comic book?
I believe they mean like, comic pages posted by Gooseworx on Tumblr & Twitter.

Curiously, Gooseworx hasn't posted on her own Tumblr since the 7th other than some sticker-like images on the 11th:

Goose has posted on Twitter recently, though.
She seems aware of the staggering success of the series:

"Immortality" But he's right they can "Theoretically survive anything" pretty awesome ability
Immo is Immortality.

Doesnt that girl character also survive being slashed with a hatchet? So yeah Immo 2.
Ah. I'd put it as a possibly. All we've SEEN are Ragatha & Pomni gettng cut/stabbed with little harm in teasers, the others lack Immortality Type 2.

None of them have been torn apart -Though Ragatha did supposedly get her code damaged- & survived other than Zooble, who is made of modular parts.

I'd call it a possibly, especially that at most for anyone but Ragatha & Pomni, since what've seen could just be explained by pain tolerance &/or inorganic physiology, since it's just getting pierced with little harm & we don't have much else for it.

Ah. I'd put it as a possibly. All we've SEEN are Ragatha & Pomni gettng cut/stabbed with little harm in teasers, the others lack Immortality Type 2.

None of them have been torn apart -Though Ragatha did supposedly get her code damaged- & survived other than Zooble, who is made of modular parts.

I'd call it a possibly, especially that at most for anyone but Ragatha & Pomni, since what've seen could just be explained by pain tolerance &/or inorganic physiology, since it's just getting pierced with little harm & we don't have much else for it.
Didnt Ragahta take a hatched to the head? Paired with the code damage thing and the word of god (Author statement) I think Immo 2 is fine tbh

Didnt Ragahta take a hatched to the head? Paired with the code damage thing and the word of god (Author statement) I think Immo 2 is fine tbh
Again, I feel that's explainable by pain tolerance &/or inorganic physiology.
The WoG from GlitchX here is:
----
It says they can get cut up & stabbed & that they feel a little less physical pain. It's focused on pain more than damage.
IMHO, we don't have enough showings, so it doesn't seem clear enough, especially for anyone but Ragatha & maybe Pomni, hence my preference of a Possibility.

& yeah, there was also a GlitchX statement about Kaufmo damaging Ragatha's code, but the effects of that were clearly just intermitten deformation & such, not being torn apart.

Again, I feel that's explainable by pain tolerance &/or inorganic physiology.
The WoG from GlitchX here is:

It says they can get cut up & stabbed & that they feel a little less physical pain. It's focused on pain more than damage.
IMHO, we don't have enough showings, so it doesn't seem clear enough, especially for anyone but Ragatha & maybe Pomni, hence my preference of a Possibility.

& yeah, there was also a GlitchX statement about Kaufmo damaging Ragatha's code, but the effects of that were clearly just intermitten deformation & such, not being torn apart.
Didnt one of the characters get split to pieces and then put back together? I forgot her name lol

Edit: Zooble is her name iirc

Back