• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Amazing Digital Circus General Discussion Thread [Spoilers]

Quick, is Caine vs AM a fair fight?
Text dump:

Depends on a lot. It'd be a fitting fight given the context of the two, and AM being a direct inspiration for Caine, but the main issue is Caine doesn't have established powers, stats, or even a page yet. We'd have to figure out most of that first before giving him any fights. The tiering/stats would be really dependent on how much of the Digital Circus and/or realm he has created, or is capable of destroying. We are also likely going to see Caine exhibit more abilities/powers through reality warping as the series goes on, which is more to consider in such a fight that we just can't know until we see. All we know for now is that he 'maintains' the simulation, with sufficient reality warping and hax to do so at least within the grounds.

We should talk about getting Caine a page though, at least with what we have in the pilot. I'll probably start a CRT for Caine soon

To sort of answer the question: I've seen that having consistent power/influence (typically through reality warping or magic, or other abilities commonly considered 'hax') over a certain range of area often earns characters equivalent, or close tiering in AP. In this regard, given The Grounds, being at least a small island, is described by Caine as being 'where most of the activities occur,' and at the is shown to least contain many mountains, I think that through reality warping, it's safe to say Caine at least would be Island level (6-C). Like with powers/abilities, we still have yet to find out if this reality warping range/power extends to the celestial objects above The Grounds, or The Void, and would need Caine established on the wiki first.

Further complicating things though is the fact there are two AM's to consider: The original, and game version. The former shows more abilities and powers, though for AP seems heavily reliant on nukes (Tier 7 range), and has less than stellar (below average human, in fact) stats in most others. Game version is way more dangerous, having reality warping well beyond the planet (from earth to the moon, at least Tier 5), was physically capable of nearly destroying the moon, and shows far greater stats in speed, intelligence (technically through pseudo-omniscience), and durability over their book counterpart.

So TL;DR: I don't think we could make a fight for them yet, but og AM being tier 7 through nukes, Caine likely at least being tier 6 (currently), and the game AM being Tier 5 would probably result in it being a mismatch, and we should start on getting Caine established at least on the wiki before lining up fights for him.

Captura-de-tela-2023-10-26-174338.png

recreating-the-you-have-alerted-the-sonic-meme-v0-ivping97ll2a1.webp

Also, before anyone could say that the verse is 10-C at best because they are inside of a computer, seeing how the story is focuses on the virtual world and not the real world, this would mean that Reality Equalization can applied to this. (Most examples of this is that Sword Art Online, The Matrix and Wreck-It Ralph, despite both verses being just seen as nothing but code and data, has been largely focusing inside of the virtual worlds more instead of the real world, thus allowing Reality Equalized apply to them)
They're still 10-C

Don't murder me, but I thought Pomni was kind of annoying. Now, Jax on the other hand... I think you can already tell how I feel about him.

Last edited:
Pomni is my favorite, Caine and Jax are pretty cool too.

The chess dude is also cool.

I dislike Ragatha and the other one. Their designs are ugly, boring and simple to me.

I absolutely love the Amazing Digital Circus so far and hope it gets more episodes so we have like, a bit more to go off of for scaling and whatnot. But impressed to see it is already streeet level and subsonic.

I don't know what the source is for Jax being 6'2, it is stated on the wiki but with no citation. Maybe we should find a way to double check like if we compared Jax to the bowling ball and assumed the bowling ball is the same size as a standard one; not a lot of common objects in the show to compare, so that's the best bet.

I don't know what the source is for Jax being 6'2, it is stated on the wiki but with no citation. Maybe we should find a way to double check like if we compared Jax to the bowling ball and assumed the bowling ball is the same size as a standard one; not a lot of common objects in the show to compare, so that's the best bet.
True. It'd be good to confirm that. It probably would have come from a tumblr post of Gooseworx like the other information that wasn't in the pilot (like ages), but having a reliable source on that would be good.

That said, I don't know if we could use the bowling ball, as it doesn't have a number size on it to reference. You are right that there aren't many things to cross reference things yet (case in point, anything to glean info on how big the tent is).

I wonder how this thread and fandom will act in the periods where there are no new content?

At least in the Death Battle fandom for example, people turn crazy and try to talk as much as they can about older episodes.

Almost as if they're doing their hardest to dry a lemon with their hands.

Will we turn crazy too?

I wonder how this thread and fandom will act in the periods where there are no new content?

At least in the Death Battle fandom for example, people turn crazy and try to talk as much as they can about older episodes.

Will we turn crazy too?
What is blud waffling about

Will we turn crazy too?
r/BatmanArkham in a nutshell:

Will we turn crazy too?
Not until 4.

Will we turn crazy too?
Pretty sure this is the kind of series where if you like it, then chances are you're already a LITTLE crazy. I know I am!

Crazy how there's a thread discussing about digital circus since its release, yet its been nearly 2 weeks and there still isn't one on Insomniac Spider-Man 2

Just watched the episode and it was pretty good. Wanted to ask if anyone else thinks that Jax reminds you of Sans, anyone else see it? Idk why

Just watched the episode and it was pretty good. Wanted to ask if anyone else thinks that Jax reminds you of Sans, anyone else see it? Idk why
Didn't think of that, but I can see why.

Both are keenly aware of their absurd circumstances (in Sans case the prophecy and human Frisk falling down + their 'data'), don't take things too seriously outside immediate or impending danger, and smile/joke a lot despite most things.

Fun series. Like the vibrancy & the AI's attempt at enforcing all-ages-friendlyness. The intro was nice.

As said, Pomni is a bit bland, but for understandable reasons. Have to have SOMEONE be the newbie & the one who freaks out in a series with horror elements.
Ragatha so far has just been a forced smiler, a wannabe friend & source of drama, & a victim. Not sure I like her.
Zooble's a bit cranky, so I'm sort of apathetic there.
I wonder what Gangle will be like with their comedy mask in-tact?
Kinger is a little funny. Wonder how much of him is insanity or genuine knowledge.
Jax is a jerk, but I feel empathy for him, given his circumstances, & plus, some of his acts do seem somewhat good-intentioned.

IMHO, the storyline seems a bit simplistic so far. Not a death sentence, though.
The horror of the Abstractions is a little dulled to me. Probably because of my experience with Pibby.

In about 9 days, it'll have been a month since the pilot released & no word on a follow-up. Is such scheduling par for the course with Glitch Productions?

In about 9 days, it'll have been a month since the pilot released & no word on a follow-up. Is such scheduling par for the course with Glitch Productions?
As someone whose been with Glitch since their first major series (Meta Runner), yeah this is par for the course. Keep in mind, they're an indie company at the end of the day: they don't have the backing of big name companies to help them out. That's why they always promote their merch and encourage viewers to share the videos. It's genuinely the best way to show that there is, in fact, an interest in what's being made here.

Oh, also, Caine says "paraphernalia".

"Miscellaneous items, especially the set of equipment required for a particular activity."

He's supposedly not malicious, yet refers to the performers as essentially things. Why? A writing mistake?
It makes me suspicious that he'd use an... objectifying term like that, unless it wasn't meant to refer to the performers. But if not them, then what??

Interesting thing, the lyrics talk about them "day after day" "flying past the moon & the sun" & "we don't know why". Implying something about what the performers do? But I'm not sure what the connection is. Closest I can think of is Icarus's flying TOO CLOSE to the sun, but that's not PAST it nor related to the moon.
Also, during the looping lyrics, you can see the visuals looping, like the bubbles popping in the same sequence. So why is it looping like this? Is there a fault in the software/hardware?

Is it about the passage of time? Achieving stardom?

Jax asks Caine if newcomer Pomni is "one of your NPCs", suggesting Caine makes or controls NPCs? Life Manipulation?
Whoever is managing the circus's censoring has Law Manipulation (I think) & Sound Manipulation, & maybe also Text/Light Manipulation since it seems to be a natural law of the area that profanity is replaced with sound effects, & an attempt to "flip the bird" gets visibly censored in the same way, IIRC.
Though, IMHO, such suggests limitations. Caine did say he can't affect minds.... Anyway, noticeable censoring is still a bit crasser than just preventing the need of censorship at all. Make it so that instead of noticeable censoring, its replaced with softer equivalents?

Ex: "What the [BOING!] is going on?!"->"What the hey is going on?!"/"What in the world is going on?!".

But presumably the censoring is just for comedic effect slightly more than flavor.

Weird thing about Caine's teleportation/"flash step". They seem to be in the circus tent initially, but when they begin moving, are left of the tent, despite moving straight forward the whole way. How did they get left of & outside of the tent??

The lower part of day section of the skybox appears to have a circular section/hole in it, showing more cloudy sky.
More such holes/circles appear in the tent.

The first exit sign seen is red, but the one on the grounds is orange.

Weird that Caine calls the gloinks "humanoid hash browns", but then again, using correct words may not always be that AI's forte.

It's interesting that there's a toy motif. For example, giant potted plants can be seen in the background, as well as giant building blocks, dice, etc.

Gangle states her comedy mask is broken AGAIN. I wonder if the active mask influences Gangle's emotions, or if Gangle just only displays the emotions -like an actor- of the masks she has available. Caine can't affect minds, so if Gangle is a former human like everyone else, what's the reason for her emotional shifts?

There are room doors with x-ed out face icons on them. Former Abstractions, presumably, but it does beg the question of if they'll have significance beyond that? At 9:33 there's even a door with a mannequin's icon. But we see dozens of them later. They're clearly indistinct. On 1 hand, 1 mannequin is later shown bathing alone.... But is the door icon to mean all the mannequins share 1 room?

Pomni already has a room across from Jax's, installed before the performers checked the rooms. Hers isn't Kaufmo's, despite that some fans speculate she's to replace him.

Is Abstraction Kaufmo bashing through a wall calc-able? I suppose it's unclear what the material would be.

That Kinger was interested in an "insect collection" before the "Gather the Gloinks" adventure & calls the Gloink Queen in its den such is interesting. Just foreshadowing?

Another suspicious thing in the dialogue:
Pomni: Hello? Ragatha? That was your name, right?

If I'm not mistaken, Ragatha's name is NEVER said in the entire episode, except in the intro.
Pomni shows up interrupting the intro, so it's ambiguous if she could have seen the intro; So how did she learn Ragatha's name? Is she hiding something?
Or perhaps she entered shortly after seeing the intro with the characters?

It's curious that Abstraction Kaufmo sees everything as so bright. Why? Does light have extreme contrast/glare to the "darkness" of its new form?

The Gloink Queen calls Jax a "rabbitoid". Actual species or just weird terminology from a weird being?

Abstracted Kaufmo has another feat in shattering a barrel of monkeys toy monkey. Unsure of materials. Either we assume pure polygons or plastic, I guess??

The 2nd indoor exit door is also red, not orange.

When Abstracted Kaufmo is attacking the Gloink Queen, it makes cartoony sound effects. Is this more Sound/Law Manipulation via censoring?

An interesting detail is that in 1 of the offices, you can see what looks a lot like 1 of the many paintings found throughout the tent.

More plot relevantly, the computer Pomni sees there is seemingly implied -by her reaction at least- to resemble what she used outside of the digital circus. But given its condition, that would be strange.

Many have noted the C&A in the office could be referencing "Cain & Abel", given the AI's name of Caine. (Hah. The AI's name has "ai" in it.)

Where are Caine & Bubble dining? A building on the grounds, perhaps? The scenery seen beyond the windows seems more detailed than what the circus's island has.
When Caine checks his Wacky Watch, some of the on-screen banner's text says "Exclusive TV Offer", among other text. Are they on television??

I do wonder. Caine said "Oop!" & then did the Corruption curing when Ragatha crawled to him, but also cured Pomni. Did he notice her hand's issue, or does he just "cure all" for some kind of range/criteria?

I wonder why there were exit doors in the tent if Caine was trying to keep unfinished work hidden.

Gangle, Jax did do something. Arguably, he did more than a lot of you!

Some fans Kinger is notably knowledgeable about the mechanics of the digital food, & given he's been there before a lot of the other humans, it makes people wonder if he isn't more than he seems.

I wonder what they're talking about during the dinner.

Oh, also, Caine says "paraphernalia".

"Miscellaneous items, especially the set of equipment required for a particular activity."

He's supposedly not malicious, yet refers to the performers as essentially things. Why? A writing mistake?
It makes me suspicious that he'd use an... objectifying term like that, unless it wasn't meant to refer to the performers. But if not them, then what??
That's a good point. Didn't quite catch that the first time around.
Interesting thing, the lyrics talk about them "day after day" "flying past the moon & the sun" & "we don't know why". Implying something about what the performers do? But I'm not sure what the connection is. Closest I can think of is Icarus's flying TOO CLOSE to the sun, but that's not PAST it nor related to the moon.
Also, during the looping lyrics, you can see the visuals looping, like the bubbles popping in the same sequence. So why is it looping like this? Is there a fault in the software/hardware?

Is it about the passage of time? Achieving stardom?
I think it's literal. They lose their memories when they arrive, and as said earlier in the thread, they're functionally immortal without needing sustenance, and not aging. Quite literally, they do the circus 'day after day,' day and night cycles being irrelevant ('past the moon & the sun'), and they 'don't know why' (besides headset)
Jax asks Caine if newcomer Pomni is "one of your NPCs", suggesting Caine makes or controls NPCs? Life Manipulation?
Whoever is managing the circus's censoring has Law Manipulation (I think) & Sound Manipulation, & maybe also Text/Light Manipulation since it seems to be a natural law of the area that profanity is replaced with sound effects, & an attempt to "flip the bird" gets visibly censored in the same way, IIRC.
Though, IMHO, such suggests limitations. Caine did say he can't affect minds.... Anyway, noticeable censoring is still a bit crasser than just preventing the need of censorship at all. Make it so that instead of noticeable censoring, its replaced with softer equivalents?

Ex: "What the [BOING!] is going on?!"->"What the hey is going on?!"/"What in the world is going on?!".

But presumably the censoring is just for comedic effect slightly more than flavor.
Oh yeah, Bubbler is an NPC. Given how Caine treats them, they seem to be not entirely within his control, but just enough (for example, when he pops Bubbler out of frustration, or because they're expositing dialogue he wants to. Also he can just summon Bubbler).

My guess would be Law Manipulation with regard to the censoring since it covers both sounds, and gestures, the former being a bit abstract to specifically 'manipulate.
Weird thing about Caine's teleportation/"flash step". They seem to be in the circus tent initially, but when they begin moving, are left of the tent, despite moving straight forward the whole way. How did they get left of & outside of the tent??
Caine is definitely flying while doing that, so it's just speed. Now the question is how far outside the grounds is the void? Cause it seems super far, so Caine's speed could potentially be nuts.
The lower part of day section of the skybox appears to have a circular section/hole in it, showing more cloudy sky.
More such holes/circles appear in the tent.

The first exit sign seen is red, but the one on the grounds is orange.

Weird that Caine calls the gloinks "humanoid hash browns", but then again, using correct words may not always be that AI's forte.

It's interesting that there's a toy motif. For example, giant potted plants can be seen in the background, as well as giant building blocks, dice, etc.

Gangle states her comedy mask is broken AGAIN. I wonder if the active mask influences Gangle's emotions, or if Gangle just only displays the emotions -like an actor- of the masks she has available. Caine can't affect minds, so if Gangle is a former human like everyone else, what's the reason for her emotional shifts?
I think it does? She seems sad throughout because of her sad mask.

Maybe each human has a different 'rule' or 'quirk?' Like besides the masks determining her emotional state and general toon force everyone seems to operate on, Kinger's hands seem to have some sort of Rayman thing going on. Additionally, Zoobles whole body is modular. Jax is only seen opening his mouth once (while being strangled), and Ragatha seems to be highly durable? Maybe we'll find out more about this kind of thing as the series goes on
There are room doors with x-ed out face icons on them. Former Abstractions, presumably, but it does beg the question of if they'll have significance beyond that? At 9:33 there's even a door with a mannequin's icon. But we see dozens of them later. They're clearly indistinct. On 1 hand, 1 mannequin is later shown bathing alone.... But is the door icon to mean all the mannequins share 1 room?
Maybe another thing we'll find out more about.
Pomni already has a room across from Jax's, installed before the performers checked the rooms. Hers isn't Kaufmo's, despite that some fans speculate she's to replace him.

Is Abstraction Kaufmo bashing through a wall calc-able? I suppose it's unclear what the material would be.
Yeah, material being unclear is the main issue there.
That Kinger was interested in an "insect collection" before the "Gather the Gloinks" adventure & calls the Gloink Queen in its den such is interesting. Just foreshadowing?
Could be either or? Was a weird moment of coincidence to be sure.
Another suspicious thing in the dialogue:
Pomni: Hello? Ragatha? That was your name, right?

If I'm not mistaken, Ragatha's name is NEVER said in the entire episode, except in the intro.
Pomni shows up interrupting the intro, so it's ambiguous if she could have seen the intro; So how did she learn Ragatha's name? Is she hiding something?
Or perhaps she entered shortly after seeing the intro with the characters?
Holy shit, went through it again up to that point and you're right. That's a really good catch.
It's curious that Abstraction Kaufmo sees everything as so bright. Why? Does light have extreme contrast/glare to the "darkness" of its new form?

The Gloink Queen calls Jax a "rabbitoid". Actual species or just weird terminology from a weird being?

Abstracted Kaufmo has another feat in shattering a barrel of monkeys toy monkey. Unsure of materials. Either we assume pure polygons or plastic, I guess??

The 2nd indoor exit door is also red, not orange.

When Abstracted Kaufmo is attacking the Gloink Queen, it makes cartoony sound effects. Is this more Sound/Law Manipulation via censoring?
Could be? For all except the toy monkey thing. Idt there is a destruction value for plastic.
An interesting detail is that in 1 of the offices, you can see what looks a lot like 1 of the many paintings found throughout the tent.

More plot relevantly, the computer Pomni sees there is seemingly implied -by her reaction at least- to resemble what she used outside of the digital circus. But given its condition, that would be strange.
Those do bring up questions.
Many have noted the C&A in the office could be referencing "Cain & Abel", given the AI's name of Caine. (Hah. The AI's name has "ai" in it.)

Where are Caine & Bubble dining? A building on the grounds, perhaps? The scenery seen beyond the windows seems more detailed than what the circus's island has.
When Caine checks his Wacky Watch, some of the on-screen banner's text says "Exclusive TV Offer", among other text. Are they on television??
Also brings up questions. Not gonna pretend I know answers to any lol.
I do wonder. Caine said "Oop!" & then did the Corruption curing when Ragatha crawled to him, but also cured Pomni. Did he notice her hand's issue, or does he just "cure all" for some kind of range/criteria?
Currently just seems like a cure all.
I wonder why there were exit doors in the tent if Caine was trying to keep unfinished work hidden.
Maybe like NPC's, he doesn't have full control on everything he creates too. Maybe he limits NPC's and creations because of that.

Good post, Imaginym

That's a good point. Didn't quite catch that the first time around.

I think it's literal. They lose their memories when they arrive, and as said earlier in the thread, they're functionally immortal without needing sustenance, and not aging. Quite literally, they do the circus 'day after day,' day and night cycles being irrelevant ('past the moon & the sun'), and they 'don't know why' (besides headset)

Oh yeah, Bubbler is an NPC. Given how Caine treats them, they seem to be not entirely within his control, but just enough (for example, when he pops Bubbler out of frustration, or because they're expositing dialogue he wants to. Also he can just summon Bubbler).

My guess would be Law Manipulation with regard to the censoring since it covers both sounds, and gestures, the former being a bit abstract to specifically 'manipulate.

Caine is definitely flying while doing that, so it's just speed. Now the question is how far outside the grounds is the void? Cause it seems super far, so Caine's speed could potentially be nuts.

I think it does? She seems sad throughout because of her sad mask.

Maybe each human has a different 'rule' or 'quirk?' Like besides the masks determining her emotional state and general toon force everyone seems to operate on, Kinger's hands seem to have some sort of Rayman thing going on. Additionally, Zoobles whole body is modular. Jax is only seen opening his mouth once (while being strangled), and Ragatha seems to be highly durable? Maybe we'll find out more about this kind of thing as the series goes on

Maybe another thing we'll find out more about.

Yeah, material being unclear is the main issue there.

Could be either or? Was a weird moment of coincidence to be sure.

Holy shit, went through it again up to that point and you're right. That's a really good catch.

Could be? For all except the toy monkey thing. Idt there is a destruction value for plastic.

Those do bring up questions.

Also brings up questions. Not gonna pretend I know answers to any lol.

Currently just seems like a cure all.

Maybe like NPC's, he doesn't have full control on everything he creates too. Maybe he limits NPC's and creations because of that.

Good post, Imaginym
How is it even humanly possible to write this much?

Back