• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Amazing Creepy Circus Pasta (Jax Vs. Laughing Jack)

Another day, another theme song. Surprisingly though, a certain purple rabbit is the only one who seemed to show up today. That didn't stop the peppy voice from singing the song, a cardboard cutout replacing the characters as she sang their name.
"
Gangle, and Zooble, and Kinger too! Ragatha, Jax-"

"No, seriously, what's going o-"

"And
Jax and- and Jax- and Jax-"

"Uh, Caine? Your theme song's broken. Great!"

"And
Jax- And Jax- And Jac- And Jac-"

Suddenly, the circus went dark. The lights flickered to life, but the theme song had stopped. Jax tapped his foot impatiently as he began to see a shape take form in front of him.

"What a nice show you've got here," The slender figure chuckled. "And I heard you're in need of a new clown."
Jax (The Amazing Digital Circus) Vs. Laughing Jack

• Speed is equal
  • Jax is 4.486 Kilojoules (Street level)
  • Jack is 3-3.900 Kilojoules (Street level)
  • Fight takes place in the Digital Circus
  • SBA otherwise
3526373_full.webp

"We already have enough clowns around here!":

artworks-000151983135-ull324-t500x500.jpg

"I guess I'll have to free up some positions!":

Jack is 3-3.900 Kilojoules (Street level)
Jack only scales at 375 Joules (or well, above that), I mean, unless I'm reading wrong, Isaac only opened the woman's skull when he hit her, but he didn't completely crush it, and there is little description of the amount of damage Isaac did to the skull.

"Reaching back he wielded a lead candlestick off the nightstand beside him, and with all of his might bashed in the back of the young woman's head, which burst open like a ripe watermelon."

The description actually makes it sound like the skull was split in half like you hit a watermelon, not that the entire skull was destroyed. If somehow this still qualifies for 3 kJ, then forget what I just said.

Jack only scales at 375 Joules (or well, above that), I mean, unless I'm reading wrong, Isaac only opened the woman's skull when he hit her, but he didn't completely crush it, and there is little description of the amount of damage Isaac did to the skull.

The description actually makes it sound like the skull was split in half like you hit a watermelon, not that the entire skull was destroyed. If somehow this still qualifies for 3 kJ, then forget what I just said.
If he only scales to 375 J then this is an AP stomp.

If Jack has the stated AP he might as well stomp

Jax doesn't like, fight. Or kill. Jack does.

If Jack is 375 Joules his ass gets bodied

Might be biased, but I'd vote for Jax.

• Jack does have more abilities, and ones that are useful for fighting generally, but I don't think they'd be specifically useful against Jax. It seems he wouldn't be able to use his stealth mastery given the situation suggests they meet first. Even if he could through perception manipulation, I'm not sure he really has any immediate or long-term recourse for Jax's immortality, self-sustenance, and toon force + elasticity, let alone anything long term or permanent. Only thing might be Magic: Jax not having a typical human anatomy due to said body being replaced with a cartoonish digital one means Jack can't just inflate any 'vital' organs with magic, for one. Also probably means syringes or some similar thing he could manifest/create through magic would not be relevant if he tried to drug or affect Jax either.
  • Though besting Jax in stamina and intelligence, I can't see the former being particularly relevant with the aforementioned immortality + self-sustenance. The latter also seems to be more about long term planning than immediate confrontation. Not to say he couldn't make better decisions than Jax in direct combat; he probably could. But like with stamina, it probably wouldn't be too relevant due to circumstances.
  • Ap is higher, either by more than 10 times on the low end, or roughly 0.5 - 1 kj on the high end (assuming an average between 3k and 3.9k suggested above). Also suggests Jax dura is higher, assuming they both scale to their own AP.

I think the issue is whether or not Jack's feat scales closer to the bone breaking feat or skull crushing feat

I read it as the skull being crushed but apparently that isn't how other people read it lol

I think the issue is whether or not Jack's feat scales closer to the bone breaking feat or skull crushing feat

I read it as the skull being crushed but apparently that isn't how other people read it lol
Hm, now that I look at the feat, it does seem closer to skull crushing than bone breaking. Bone breaking would be for if he stabbed through the skull or something but in this case he's bursting her head wide open.
Might be biased, but I'd vote for Jax.

• Jack does have more abilities, and ones that are useful for fighting generally, but I don't think they'd be specifically useful against Jax. It seems he wouldn't be able to use his stealth mastery given the situation suggests they meet first. Even if he could through perception manipulation, I'm not sure he really has any immediate or long-term recourse for Jax's immortality, self-sustenance, and toon force + elasticity, let alone anything long term or permanent. Only thing might be Magic: Jax not having a typical human anatomy due to said body being replaced with a cartoonish digital one means Jack can't just inflate any 'vital' organs with magic, for one. Also probably means syringes or some similar thing he could manifest/create through magic would not be relevant if he tried to drug or affect Jax either.
  • Though besting Jax in stamina and intelligence, I can't see the former being particularly relevant with the aforementioned immortality + self-sustenance. The latter also seems to be more about long term planning than immediate confrontation. Not to say he couldn't make better decisions than Jax in direct combat; he probably could. But like with stamina, it probably wouldn't be too relevant due to circumstances.
  • Ap is higher, either by more than 10 times on the low end, or roughly 0.5 - 1 kj on the high end (assuming an average between 3k and 3.9k suggested above). Also suggests Jax dura is higher, assuming they both scale to their own AP.
How does Immortality Type 1 and Self-Sustenance help him here? I can't think of a scenario where Jax can maybe try and outlast Jack, especially since Jack also has Self-Sustenance himself.

Not to mention, Jax hasn't showcased actual feats of combat yet (Unless you count throwing a bowling ball at someone). Jack hasn't either but at least he has stealth, can mess with people's perception, and can make things in the circus come to life to attack Jax.

AP advantage doesn't matter because Jack will just teleport every time Jax try to hit him.

Hm, now that I look at the feat, it does seem closer to skull crushing than bone breaking. Bone breaking would be for if he stabbed through the skull or something but in this case he's bursting her head wide open.
It's just that he didn't crush the skull completely, then it's mentioned that Isaac used that skull as decoration on an armchair he made.
Reaching back he wielded a lead candlestick off the nightstand beside him, and with all of his might bashed in the back of the young woman's head, which burst open like a ripe watermelon.
For the next 3 days Laughing Jack watched with wonderment as the inspired Isaac crafted the once human anatomy into a grotesque armchair abomination. The femur was made into the back legs of the chair, while the tibia with the feet still attached of course, was made into the front chair legs. A wooden frame was used for the base and backing of the chair, however the rim of the backing was crafted using the spinal column. The arm bones were used as the arms of the chair, and were fastened in place by some ribs. The now leathery flesh was sewn onto the seat and backing of the chair, and the golden blonde hair was braided into a lining for the base. Atop this armchair from hell sat the skull that once belonged to the girl who had the golden blonde hair, the sapphire eyes, and the smile that could melt hearts.
If 375 Joules seems low, I think the level of the feat could be closer to this.

How does Immortality Type 1 and Self-Sustenance help him here? I can't think of a scenario where Jax can maybe try and outlast Jack, especially since Jack also has Self-Sustenance himself.
Well that's the thing: Jax has both, while Jack lacks immortality. What can Jack do about immortality? Otherwise self-sustenance, sure, but Jax with things like immortality and toon force is outlasting him.
Not to mention, Jax hasn't showcased actual feats of combat yet (Unless you count throwing a bowling ball at someone). Jack hasn't either but at least he has stealth, can mess with people's perception, and can make things in the circus come to life to attack Jax.
I should have covered Life Manipulation, but it seems like Jax is already able to deal with most of the nonsense that exists in the Circus: From things Caine created like in the case of the Gloinks (seeing them as just an annoyance after being attacked by one, sending another flying with a kick later in the episode), or assumedly one of the other 'life sized' toys like the monkeys in a barrel. Circus composition and size is currently kind of vague, so we don't know how many things/toys besides the life-sized monkeys in a barrel actually are just lying around for Jack to animate, and being as rigid as they are, I don't think they'd be too tough for Jax to deal with, especially since he's been there and dealing with these kinds of things for years already. The only thing he seems to genuinely worry about is when someone abstracts, and for good reason.

We're kind of talking about how to go about calculating/determining feats/tier for Abstracted Kaufmo in the main thread, actually. Should assumedly be at least 9-B given how frequently/casually he cracks or breaks things like the marble floor, and aforementioned danger level being above Jax's paygrade.
AP advantage doesn't matter because Jack will just teleport every time Jax try to hit him.
Not sure how to feel about this argument.

I mean, he could, but if I'm understanding the story right (initial one), he only really displays it once. I could be wrong (in other stories maybe showing it more?). I'm just not sure that is enough to assume such high proficiency and frequency with which he could rely on such to avoid all attacks.

Definitely something that makes the fight more even though.
It's just that he didn't crush the skull completely, then it's mentioned that Isaac used that skull as decoration on an armchair he made.

Also still higher AP and dura, then.

Well that's the thing: Jax has both, while Jack lacks immortality. What can Jack do about immortality? Otherwise self-sustenance, sure, but Jax with things like immortality and toon force is outlasting him.
I don't think you get what I'm saying. Immortality Type 1 doesn't matter because the fight isn't gonna go on for so long that Jax just outlives Jack. He probably shouldn't have Immortality Type 1 in the first place because he didn't tell us precisely how long he has been inside of the Circus (The oldest human character, Kinger, has only been in there for at most over 40 years) and whether or not he physically aged.

The other points are fair.

I don't think you get what I'm saying. Immortality Type 1 doesn't matter because the fight isn't gonna go on for so long that Jax just outlives Jack. He probably shouldn't have Immortality Type 1 in the first place because he didn't tell us precisely how long he has been inside of the Circus (The oldest human character, Kinger, has only been in there for at most over 40 years) and whether or not he physically aged.

The other points are fair.
The justification on his page could be better, but being a part of the ADC, they are immortal.

They absolutely have eternal life, not aging no matter how many years pass, or being capable of dying of 'natural' causes in their artificial world (part of their self-sustenance at least explains this). They also seem to be unable to actually die; closest thing shown to that being abstracting, which even then shows they're still alive, just altered/glitched.

While reliant on the computer being on and running the ADC, assumedly (also then Type 8), that's again not something that Jack could meaningfully affect without also killing himself in the process assuming the use of Technology manipulation, and given he's fighting Jax inside the ADC.

Like I said, if Jack is anywhere near 3 KJ, he wins, he kills, Jax just hasn't shown that. He's a borderline non-combatant who's done very little much like the rest of the cast

Another day, another theme song. Surprisingly though, a certain purple rabbit is the only one who seemed to show up today. That didn't stop the peppy voice from singing the song, a cardboard cutout replacing the characters as she sang their name.
"
Gangle, and Zooble, and Kinger too! Ragatha, Jax-"

"No, seriously, what's going o-"

"And
Jax and- and Jax- and Jax-"

"Uh, Caine? Your theme song's broken. Great!"

"And
Jax- And Jax- And Jac- And Jac-"

Suddenly, the circus went dark. The lights flickered to life, but the theme song had stopped. Jax tapped his foot impatiently as he began to see a shape take form in front of him.

"What a nice show you've got here," The slender figure chuckled. "And I heard you're in need of a new clown."
This set up goes so hard ngl

Honestly, you're right. That does seem closer.
My fellow americans, I have terrible news I must break (corrected math, it's so joever. At least, assuming Jack has actual higher value for the skull crush).
I think it's closer to punching through a skull as Shape mentioned since the skull was at least somewhat intact.

Back