• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Amazing Digital Circus General Discussion Thread [Spoilers]

I am going to the forest to become a garden gnome for several days. Summon me once there is more official Pomni art or episode 2 drops.

I am going to the forest to become a garden gnome for several days. Summon me once there is more official Pomni art or episode 2 drops.
@Deidalius face reveal:
gnome fact #1: gnomus has eye textures that can't be seen in-game :  r/PvZGardenWarfare

How is it even humanly possible to write this much?
It helps that I was doing a second viewing of the episode, so I had a lot on my mind & wanted to output my thoughts somewhere. Apologies if you minded.

(BTW, IDK why we're putting this text in spoilers, or if it needed to be; I put my big post in a collapsible spoiler box because it was long.)
So, Law Manipulation for whoever controls the censoring part of the tent, as well as Sound Manipulation & limited Light &/or Text Manipulation, due to creating censor boxes & being able to censor speech, gestures & replacing the SFX for Abstracted Kaufmo hitting the Gloink Queen?

I think it's literal. They lose their memories when they arrive, and as said earlier in the thread, they're functionally immortal without needing sustenance, and not aging. Quite literally, they do the circus 'day after day,' day and night cycles being irrelevant ('past the moon & the sun'), and they 'don't know why' (besides headset)
Makes sense, I guess.
Caine is definitely flying while doing that, so it's just speed. Now the question is how far outside the grounds is the void? Cause it seems super far, so Caine's speed could potentially be nuts.
Yeah but I mean unless they're facing towards the tent's left, they can't end up slightly to the left of the tent by moving in a straight line and then go straight ahead of the tent without changing direction.
They go from inside the tent, on the stage, to outside & left of it, then fly in a straight line without changing direction. If it was pure movement, the trajectory would be like an upside down "L" shape or the shape of a 7, I think.
You can see the tent's floor blurr into the grass if you go frame by frame.
Continuity error? Animation compromise?

Strange thing I noticed is there's also the cloudy sky texture on what look like background polygons?

I think it does? She seems sad throughout because of her sad mask.
Yeah, we only see Gangle LOOKING happy during the intro, where everyone's doing performance. It's questionable if her behaviour is genuine there.
Maybe each human has a different 'rule' or 'quirk?' Like besides the masks determining her emotional state and general toon force everyone seems to operate on, Kinger's hands seem to have some sort of Rayman thing going on. Additionally, Zoobles whole body is modular. Jax is only seen opening his mouth once (while being strangled), and Ragatha seems to be highly durable? Maybe we'll find out more about this kind of thing as the series goes on
Notably, though, she has a distressed expression as she's bumped into, which is visible before & as her Comedy Maks begins to fall off. Either this is another animation compromise to show an appropriate expression before the mask falls off or Gangle can show emotions contrary to her current mask.
Could be interesting to learn everyone's quirk.

Yeah, material being unclear is the main issue there.
Could painted wood like is used for blocks be assumed?
Holy shit, went through it again up to that point and you're right. That's a really good catch.
Thanks. I think it gives the following conclusions:
A. Pomni is hiding something, which is related to why she knew Ragatha's name without hearing it & phrased it as "that is your name, right?".
B. Pomni heard the intro or enough of it to learn Ragatha's name. Relatedly, I think saw a YT comment speculating the intro's looping is from the program loading Pomni's entry. Memory issues or such?

If B is the case, it brings up the possibility the performers see the intro before entry. All we know Pomni remembers is wearing a headset & maybe the names from the intro? Weird things to exclude from the memory wipe.
It'd also be a little weird if they see intros containing characters that abstracted, especially if speculation that new entries are replacements for the abstracted; Pomni MAY have seen Kaufmo's section of the intro, depending on when she entered?

I also wonder about the logistics; Are special headsets the only way to enter? Or does any headset suffice?
If its old game motif is true, surely more than a few dozen people could find The Amazing Digital Circus's software &/or hardware. So in theory, there should be LOTS of potential new entrants, yet Pomni's situation implies you get pulled in around the intro.

So either the software/hardware is so rare/limited only a dozen people have it at a time, or there's lots of potential performers but they only get pulled in when someone is needed. Can entry happen during normal gameplay? Or only around the intro?
"Every copy is personallized because performers getting abstracted changes the intro."

Could be? For all except the toy monkey thing. Idt there is a destruction value for plastic.
There should be. Though, might take a little Googling to find the destruction value; There's lots of different kinds of plastic polymers.
Those do bring up questions.
Yeah, the painting can be excused by the AI putting its tastes in paintings into the new office space (Hah) it built for the fake exit, too.
But why & how would an AI like Caine know the model or appearance of a new entry's computer? That may be another thing Pomni remembers, too, weirdly.
Does its bad condition have anything to do with Pomni's entry? Human input lagged memory & fried circuits?

Or is it like the inverse of Reboot's time passage rate, where a while in there is a second in reality?

Or is it just coincidence? A suspiciously similar placeholder?

Pardon my rambling, please.
Maybe like NPC's, he doesn't have full control on everything he creates too. Maybe he limits NPC's and creations because of that.
Seems possible.
Good post, Imaginym
Thanks!

Last edited:
A couple of other things I noticed:

It wasn't Caine snapping his fingers that cured Pomni's hand, but contact with him.
At the end of the episode, when we zoom out, the computer that's on seems cleaner than the one we saw in the "exit" offices.

(BTW, IDK why we're putting this text in spoilers, or if it needed to be; I put my big post in a collapsible spoiler box because it was long.)
Ah, ok.
So, Law Manipulation for whoever controls the censoring part of the tent, as well as Sound Manipulation & limited Light &/or Text Manipulation, due to creating censor boxes & being able to censor speech, gestures & replacing the SFX for Abstracted Kaufmo hitting the Gloink Queen?
Probably.
Yeah but I mean unless they're facing towards the tent's left, they can't end up slightly to the left of the tent by moving in a straight line and then go straight ahead of the tent without changing direction.
They go from inside the tent, on the stage, to outside & left of it, then fly in a straight line without changing direction. If it was pure movement, the trajectory would be like an upside down "L" shape or the shape of a 7, I think.
You can see the tent's floor blurr into the grass if you go frame by frame.
Continuity error? Animation compromise?

I think probably some sort of intangibility going on? Like Caine has that creative/gmod mode going on which allows him both to fly, and to phase through things lol
Yeah, we only see Gangle LOOKING happy during the intro, where everyone's doing performance. It's questionable if her behaviour is genuine there.

Notably, though, she has a distressed expression as she's bumped into, which is visible before & as her Comedy Maks begins to fall off. Either this is another animation compromise to show an appropriate expression before the mask falls off or Gangle can show emotions contrary to her current mask.
Could be interesting to learn everyone's quirk.
I think that generally the mask dictates her emotion, but that moment either indicates that while in transition it can be contrary, or that given enough external stimuli it can be overridden.
Could painted wood like is used for blocks be assumed?
Huh. Could be. I guess I could try and pixel scale Kaufmo's (abstracted) height from reference to Ragatha, and
Thanks. I think it gives the following conclusions:
A. Pomni is hiding something, which is related to why she knew Ragatha's name without hearing it & phrased it as "that is your name, right?".
B. Pomni heard the intro or enough of it to learn Ragatha's name. Relatedly, I think saw a YT comment speculating the intro's looping is from the program loading Pomni's entry. Memory issues or such?

If B is the case, it brings up the possibility the performers see the intro before entry. All we know Pomni remembers is wearing a headset & maybe the names from the intro? Weird things to exclude from the memory wipe.
It'd also be a little weird if they see intros containing characters that abstracted, especially if speculation that new entries are replacements for the abstracted; Pomni MAY have seen Kaufmo's section of the intro, depending on when she entered?

I believe she entered at the tail end after Kaufmo. Caine jokes later about 'nobody telling him Kaufmo abstracted,' pretty sarcastically considering he's already told Pomni about his many 'all seeing eyes,' and suggesting that he did know in advance Kaufmo abstracted. It is notable that Pomni entered as a clown to replace a clown, too.

Also, just from what we have so far, I think the memory wipe is basically just humans remembering things only from putting the headset on onwards.
I also wonder about the logistics; Are special headsets the only way to enter? Or does any headset suffice?
If its old game motif is true, surely more than a few dozen people could find The Amazing Digital Circus's software &/or hardware. So in theory, there should be LOTS of potential new entrants, yet Pomni's situation implies you get pulled in around the intro.
So either the software/hardware is so rare/limited only a dozen people have it at a time, or there's lots of potential performers but they only get pulled in when someone is needed. Can entry happen during normal gameplay? Or only around the intro?
"Every copy is personallized because performers getting abstracted changes the intro."
I think the specific company shown means there are specific headsets, and that the least, the ADC itself is quite a limited hardware/software. For what reasons, who knows. But we'll probably find out more about the logistics of how specific this situation is or not.
There should be. Though, might take a little Googling to find the destruction value; There's lots of different kinds of plastic polymers.
Well that's the main problem. As I said earlier, it might just be better to go off the cracking and destruction of the marble floor given plastic has no wiki accepted value, and there are hundreds of potential candidates for what polymer he was smashing through.
Yeah, the painting can be excused by the AI putting its tastes in paintings into the new office space (Hah) it built for the fake exit, too.
But why & how would an AI like Caine know the model or appearance of a new entry's computer? That may be another thing Pomni remembers, too, weirdly.
Does its bad condition have anything to do with Pomni's entry? Human input lagged memory & fried circuits?

Or is it like the inverse of Reboot's time passage rate, where a while in there is a second in reality?

Or is it just coincidence? A suspiciously similar placeholder?
Another suspect thing about Caine. Caine may be digital, and we assume he isn't human. But there's a lot to indicate he's more than just AI and/or an NPC like Bubbler is. He naturally responds to the humans in a social way (when Pomni asks about leaving, he responds with an awkward, cut off noise like it's something he's uncomfortable talking about, and leaves it to the other humans to explain), understands generally what is and isn't preferable (the bit where choosing a name for Pomni turns out a random letter string, and he immediately just goes 'you're right, terrible!'), and the obvious signs of anxiety he got when Pomni initially told him about seeing the exit door (especially if we consider he probably knew that Kaufmo abstracted, and with his all seeing eyes, why)
Pardon my rambling, please.
It's ok! Think these are good questions.

I think probably some sort of intangibility going on? Like Caine has that creative/gmod mode going on which allows him both to fly, and to phase through things lol

I think that generally the mask dictates her emotion, but that moment either indicates that while in transition it can be contrary, or that given enough external stimuli it can be overridden.
I could believe those.
Huh. Could be. I guess I could try and pixel scale Kaufmo's (abstracted) height from reference to Ragatha, and
Did you mean to put more text after the second "and" here? If not, it seems like an abrupt end to that sentence, lol.

Nonetheless, good luck with such scaling!
Not unheard of for toys to be made of wood, so MAYBE it's plausible? Otherwise, I'd assume we'd have to settle on a type of plastic; I don't recall if the SFX indicates a kind of material, stone is uncommon, & I'm not sure it LOOKS like metal, even if things in the show often does seem very eye-pleasingly shiny at times.

I believe she entered at the tail end after Kaufmo. Caine jokes later about 'nobody telling him Kaufmo abstracted,' pretty sarcastically considering he's already told Pomni about his many 'all seeing eyes,' and suggesting that he did know in advance Kaufmo abstracted. It is notable that Pomni entered as a clown to replace a clown, too.
So Caine was very prompt about getting a new "clown"?
Also, just from what we have so far, I think the memory wipe is basically just humans remembering things only from putting the headset on onwards.
It does seem loosely like that. On 1 hand, Caine can't affect minds, but he also can't affect memories by extension, so whatever erases their memories could, in theory, alter their memory; Kinda makes me wonder if their personalities are real?
[/ISPOILER]
I think the specific company shown means there are specific headsets, and that the least, the ADC itself is quite a limited hardware/software. For what reasons, who knows. But we'll probably find out more about the logistics of how specific this situation is or not.
Reasonable. 1 explanation is the tech is limited because it's in-development; VR gaming probably isn't very advanced in an era with like, N64/GameCube era 3D.

Well that's the main problem. As I said earlier, it might just be better to go off the cracking and destruction of the marble floor given plastic has no wiki accepted value, and there are hundreds of potential candidates for what polymer he was smashing through.

Oof. Fair.
Another suspect thing about Caine. Caine may be digital, and we assume he isn't human. But there's a lot to indicate he's more than just AI and/or an NPC like Bubbler is. He naturally responds to the humans in a social way (when Pomni asks about leaving, he responds with an awkward, cut off noise like it's something he's uncomfortable talking about, and leaves it to the other humans to explain), understands generally what is and isn't preferable (the bit where choosing a name for Pomni turns out a random letter string, and he immediately just goes 'you're right, terrible!'), and the obvious signs of anxiety he got when Pomni initially told him about seeing the exit door (especially if we consider he probably knew that Kaufmo abstracted, and with his all seeing eyes, why)
True. Although, I don't think AIs with absurdly human behaviour are new to fiction.
But the combination of his human-like behaviour AND the office space he made having a computer implied to be like what Pomni used in "reality" does bring up questions about Caine.
Not to mention the company supposedly being called C&A, speculated to stand for "Cain(e) & Abel" or such. What's Caine's role in reality if so? Is there an Abel? Who are they?
It's ok! Think these are good questions.
Thanks! It's engaging to be able to bounce my thoughts off of someone else, too.

@King_Dom470 is making a blog profile for Kaufmo and also made a calc on the railing-breaking feat by Kaufmo, although it assumes that the railing are made of granite even though... it doesn't seem to look like to be made out of granite, at all.
Originally it was concrete but it was a super low value so I got frustrated and made it something with a higher value I haven’t evaluated it yet because your right it’s clearly not granite
Rock was suggested, but I was thinking about it in another thread: Maybe there's a way since you've already pixel scaled abstracted kaufmo to calculate the fragmentation of him cracking the ground after landing in that scene, or even later when he outright bursts through the ground after previously being seen bashing a single Gloink a few times (probably harder without much to reference in regards to that hole, but in both cases, I'd assume the floor is marble? Def at least rock).

MatPat finally did a theory video on TADC.
It has multiple theories. I find the final one interesting. It posits, as a follow up to his previous theory in that video, that the mannequins are placeholders which become the new performers/avatars when it's time for someone new to enter.
The other theories are kinda okay, too.

Volumetric damage. Basically finding the length, width, and height/thickness of the floor affected in centimeters, doing l * w * h to find volume in cc, then multiplying that by the amount needed to fragment marble, which is 9 J/cc. For example, what I did with Jax snapping the board in half.
I fixed the calc now. And I suppose since Ragatha could tank some hits from Kaufmo the cast including Jax might downscale from Kaufmo?

I fixed the calc now. And I suppose since Ragatha could tank some hits from Kaufmo the cast including Jax might downscale from Kaufmo?
Probably.

She tanked quite a bit of them. Seemed like the only issue for her was the glitching that messed with her form, and not that actual, physical beating she took.

Just would need that evaluated to be sure, and for such downscaling to be accepted, probably as a 'likely higher.'

In any case, Street level+ would be an even nicer start to ADC!

On 1 hand, the background looks generic & unfinished, & t-posing is 1 of the most basic things you can do with a 3D model.
On the other hand, I'm not sure we've seen this scene or scenery in an episode before, & levitating while t-posing seems like something Caine would do, so MAYBE this is out of context from unreleased content?

Though, considering they have that GlitchX gameshow thing coming up on the 9th, I assume we'll have to wait until AT LEAST THEN for any new content. Live events do sometimes carry the possibility of news, but IDK how true that is for Glitch Productions.
Even if TADC being popular made them rush making more to ride the hype, IDK if they'd pull off pilot to episode 2 in only a month.

Last edited:
Kevin Temmer showing off animation he did for TADC's pilot/1st episode. (His video title calls it episode 1.)
Kinda neat, shows off some so far unseen stuff like walk/run cycles, an alternate/demo unused version of the theme song -Which is a little longer & has lyrics as Pomni interacts-, & other animation production details.
Apparently, the character intros/teasers were to "figure out each character's style".

Also, apparently the first thing he animated for Glitch Productions was the teaser with Caine doing the "well too bad you're gonna see it anyway" & all that.

Supposedly, based on search results:
Kevin Temmer is currently a lead animator on Digital Circus and Murder Drones at Glitch Productions. He has previously worked at Blue Sky Studios, Sony Interactive Entertainment, Jam City, and Squanch.

Blue Sky studios is especially notable IMHO, because they're the people who did Ice Age.

I wonder if him calling it episode 1 is confirmation there'll be an episode 2?

Why the hell did they made 5 ICE AGE MOVIES??? (10 if we're counting the spin-off series/movies and short-films)
Who knows? Maybe they thought it was their best property?
But hey, you might be right to criticize their choices, after all (No offense meant):

Blue Sky Studios was a subsidiary of 20th Century Animation until its acquisition by Disney, as part of their acquisition of 21st Century Fox assets in 2019. Blue Sky was shut down in April 2021 by Disney due to the economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on its business operations.
The video has almost 80 million views at this point there is 100% going to be more than one episode
True, & lots of merch.
But I've read YT comments saying stuff to the effect that those won't be enough to fund a season with all the people working on the team, & that part of the pilot's purpose is to get 1 or more investor(s) on board.

On that topic, there is this stuff from an interview from October 26th....

When asked if Glitch would shop The Amazing Digital Circus to any streaming platforms, but according to Yang, that’s not the plan. She says that Youtube offers has more to offer an indie producer/distributor like Glitch:

We are a Youtube-first company. We believe very strongly in the future and potential of Youtube for long-form animation. A lot of this stems from what we’ve seen in the trends from streaming services, particularly towards animation. I don’t need to go into details about the recent wave of cancellations or the general disrespect towards animation from the mainstream, but we believe that Youtube is the best way forward.
She says the studio has met with streamers over the years, but the terms they have offered weren’t what Glitch was looking for. According to Yang, the company wants full creative control of their productions and to own its brands:

Control of the brand is essential to us. Having control of merchandise, marketing, and licensing under us, who work directly with the showrunner, lets us translate the artists’ visions more accurately.
And finally, we asked if Glitch was working on new episodes of The Amazing Digital Circus, but Yang says a decision has yet to be made on the show’s future. If viewers keep tuning into the pilot the way they have over the past two weeks, we’re hopeful that more will be on the way.

The wording doesn't make me hopeful, funnily enough, with them saying "If viewers keep tuning into the pilot the way they have over the past two weeks, we’re hopeful that more will be on the way."
How many views was it at on the 26th? 33 million since being out for 2 weeks?

It has 74 million views now.
Being hopeful does not suggest guarantee, & I'm worried it's just them covertly saying they're hopeful for an investor, & a favorable one at that; Jasmine Yang, Glitch Production's general manager has said they've met with streamers over the years & "the terms they have offered weren’t what Glitch was looking for" & that they want full creative control of their productions & to own their brands, so as to translate artist visions more accurately.

Understandable desires, but very limiting if you're depending on big investors funding you, I think.
& the wording "a decision has yet to be made on the show’s future" isn't exactly reassuring to me, either.

Last edited:
Nah, not Vandalism, but based on the strikethrough, I think you realized that.
He's a very brief part of this: https://tadc.fandom.com/wiki/TheWackyWatch_(Teaser)
I did not know that: When I was viewing it, they were still editing the wiki, so for characters, Jax was missing, and a really tiny article about 'Jack' was in his place xD

Actually though, the wiki's I have been going to today have been very laggy, and unresponsive at times for whatever reason. Anyone else finding they need to refresh pages often due to bugs and/or freezing?
That said, does the Wiki have a source/basis for the height?
I believe it was from Gooseworx, like how they confirmed ages in a tumblr post, but we'll probably need to double check and find where the heights come from.

Back