• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The 9-B tourney champion against a tourney reject (Lu Niang Lan vs Armsmaster)

So what're armsmaster's enhanced senses like?

Hmmm... wonder if that would work against Lu's presence hiding invisibility.

Is she also intangible when invisible? Because that's the only way you can bypass echolocation (since that relies on vibrations)
No, but then I don't think she is "invisible" in the sense that all light just passes through her either. By the very limited explanation we get it is her hiding her "presence" that makes her invisible.
It sounds more like a "your mind doesn't acknowledge her presence" than her altering her physical visibility.

Although that's just my take of the short explanation we get.

So one side is a chick who's main power is turning invisible except it doesn't work who uses acupuncture except that's highly unlikely to work on a guy who's in full-armor like he is.

The other guy has this: "seen how he could move as fast as anyone who wasn’t a speedster, turning his spinning weapon and those shield-like extensions on his armor into a whirling flurry of nano-thorns"
What can she even do if he literally just stands there covered in nano-thorns? Like seriously, how does she pass this at all? He can ignore every other tool he has, stand in one spot and I see nothing on her profile that even lets her think about harming him.
All her tools get cut. She does.

Oh yeah, there's a character from the same verse that does that. Her

Anyways assuming it messes with his mind, he does resist it (Said scan is literally in his page)
Honestly, not sure if it is hacking into the mind either. However, since it's really hard to equate "erasing your presence to turn invisible" to anything I'm not sure if I should consider it to work or not myself.

Anyway, if it doesn't work, Armsmaster can probably just go "time freeze gg" and that's it. Lu needs to get close for her more lethal, after all.

So one side is a chick who's main power is turning invisible except it doesn't work who uses acupuncture except that's highly unlikely to work on a guy who's in full-armor like he is.
Just gonna say that it probably would work through armor. That's what the shockwave techniques are for, actually. To target the insides of stuff without destroying the outside. That's how she made a tank malfunction.

Oh then that matters if she has someway to get past his monomolecular passive blade storm somehow. Maybe. This key is the one that 'upgraded' himself into being a cyborg and I'm not sure how human he actually is, so even then all her techniques may be completely worthless v him.

Oh then that matters if she has someway to get past his monomolecular passive blade storm somehow. Maybe. This key is the one that 'upgraded' himself into being a cyborg and I'm not sure how human he actually is, so even then all her techniques may be completely worthless v him.
She can probably mess with a cyborg as well as with a human. Once used a shockwave technique to create a bubble in a battery, to disrupt the function of an electrical contact on it.

His suit is explicitly air-tight, I don't think an air bubble is going to do much. And her profile says its an air bubble. What's the range on her bubbles to begin with? Can she even physically get close enough to do this without instantly dying to his passive protection? This is ignoring him being able to stop time.
The range she'd neat to beat is about 6 foot since his duel-wielded mono-molecular covered halberds are about that big. This is assuming he doesn't just shoot her or use his flamethrower function both of which are part of the halbert (so 6 foot +). She has no listed reaction speed to tell how she'd deal with bullets.

Last edited:
His suit is explicitly air-tight, I don't think an air bubble is going to do much. And her profile says its an air bubble. What's the range on her bubbles to begin with? Can she even physically get close enough to do this without instantly dying to his passive protection? This is ignoring him being able to stop time.
The range she'd neat to beat is about 6 foot since his duel-wielded mono-molecular covered halberds are about that big. This is assuming he doesn't just shoot her or use his flamethrower function both of which are part of the halbert (so 6 foot +). She has no listed reaction speed to tell how she'd deal with bullets.
You misunderstand. The bubble isn't created outside and pushed into the object. The bubble is created by the shockwave on the inside.
By the time he heard the whistle and caught the airborne case, Lu Niang Lan was already running forward with frightful speed. Her red modified China dress fluttered around her. She shot forward like a laser beam, circled to the side of the armored vehicle, and slammed both palms against a single point.

A deep noise shook Kyousuke’s gut.

A moment later, the twenty ton armored vehicle came to a stop as if it had stalled.

This was the Perfect Dragon.

Monsters that ignored the laws of physics were perfectly normal in the world of the summoning ceremony, yet this heretic among heretics made her way through that world without relying on any form of the supernatural.

After instantly transforming the armored vehicle into a steel coffin, Lu Niang Lan gestured Kyousuke over. He ran to her side and asked an honest question.

“The gasoline tank?”

“The battery acid. If I only stopped the engine, the electrically powered turret could still turn.”

Of course, no matter how much one trained their body, the human fist could not break through an armored vehicle.

But a slight impact would pass through.

Whether it was an armored vehicle or a tank, it was still an automobile.

In that case, one only had to provide a slight vibration with a certain pattern.

Engines were reliant on the ratio of air to liquid in the fuel, so mixing some air bubbles into the gasoline could be fatal. That would trigger an imperfect combustion and the engine would stall.

Lu Niang Lan had gone a step further and wrapped a bunch of air bubbles around the electrodes soaking in the battery acid. That created a “wall” which significantly reduced the efficiency at which electricity was drawn from the acid.

“It was originally an assassination technique that created bubbles in someone’s lungs through their thick armor☆”
She can dodge the halberts and stuff. As said, the timestop is the problem here.

How does dodging help? The goal is for her to get past his monomolecular barrier that entirely covers himself and is attached to his halberds, which are 6 meters long. And I misunderstood nothing. She's needing to get... some amount close to him. Melee according to that quote. When he's surrounded by his passive aura. So she tries the thing in the quote, her hands get cut off. She's literally killing herself. She can't approach past his barrier and given they're speed equal realistically can't get past him simply holding his halberds towards her and adjusting to be in her way. His halberds cover > 50% of the base distance of the characters, his range advantage is huge. Since any projectiles she has break on his barrier.
He ignores every single tool he has, stands in one spot covered in his barrier that would pretty much instantly kill her on contact. What does she do? Her gear gets cut. Her hands get cut. She gets cut. She's completely outmatched with him literally not trying.

This is even assuming her bubble would work on an entirely airtight space.
Right now her best bet is to not fight him because everything she does is throwing resources into a grinder or literal suicide.
After looking up timestop again I think he can probably also just freeze her instantly the moment the fight starts (as its 6 out of 10 meters covered and it froze an entire leviathan caused wave instantly) and kill her before she can even do anything. I'd suggest moving them further apart. Putting them that close when his timestopping halberds are a thing makes it a stomp. Its actually probably a stomp in general. She has to get close to do her bubble thing it seems, nothing else she has can hope to pass his barrier and if she gets within some vague amount > 6 meters he can just stop time and win instantly.

Last edited:
How does dodging help? The goal is for her to get past his monomolecular barrier that entirely covers himself and is attached to his halberds, which are 6 meters long. And I misunderstood nothing. She's needing to get... some amount close to him. Melee according to that quote. When he's surrounded by his passive aura. So she tries the thing in the quote, her hands get cut off. She's literally killing herself. She can't approach past his barrier and given they're speed equal realistically can't get past him simply holding his halberds towards her and adjusting to be in her way. His halberds cover > 50% of the base distance of the characters, his range advantage is huge. Since any projectiles she has break on his barrier.
He ignores every single tool he has, stands in one spot covered in his barrier that would pretty much instantly kill her on contact. What does she do? Her gear gets cut. Her hands get cut. She gets cut. She's completely outmatched with him literally not trying.

This is even assuming her bubble would work on an entirely airtight space.
Right now her best bet is to not fight him because everything she does is throwing resources into a grinder or literal suicide.
After looking up timestop again I think he can probably also just freeze her instantly the moment the fight starts (as its 6 out of 10 meters covered and it froze an entire leviathan caused wave instantly) and kill her before she can even do anything. I'd suggest moving them further apart. Putting them that close when his timestopping halberds are a thing makes it a stomp. Its actually probably a stomp in general. She has to get close to do her bubble thing it seems, nothing else she has can hope to pass his barrier and if she gets within some vague amount > 6 meters he can just stop time and win instantly.
Just said that the armor being air-thight doesn't matter, because her technique isn't bringing air from outside to the inside.

Didn't know he is head to toe covered in an disintegration barrier. Thought it was only his halbert.

" those shield-like extensions on his armor into a whirling flurry of nano-thorns"
As per this quote. Too lazy to look for quote but fairly sure only the tips of his spears have thorns. Whole body, only tip of weapon. But given he can stop time in what should be large enough range that it can realistically be his first action in the fight (and somewhat ic given how casually he stopped time in-verse), she's just dead anyways.

What's there to continue? I think we all agreed from the start that the time stop kinda makes this a stomp.

Yea we just need people to actually vote. There's pretty much nothing a comparable melee fighter can do v this guy, he's extremely anti-melee with an immediate 'I win' tool with considerable range.

Back