• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Thanos vs Reimu Hakurei

Since I'm a total newbie in Touhou that knows the franchise from the fandom first (how terrible I am ;_;), can you please explain how Fantasy Nature works? And according to Reimu's profile doesn't Fantasy Nature have a time limit?

Fantasy Nature is the highest ultilization yet, of her ability to float. With that, she could phase in and out of existence, or in another word: Float out of Reality (As I believe, some would believe she just simply fly up high and out of reach, but I don't believe so. This is a problem of translation). It's an ability too strong that it's unable to used as a Spell Card (beatable pattern) unless given time limit (since no one could literally touch her).

With that reason, it's an NLF problem among us fan, but some in here estimate that she should be able to fly up to the 5th dimension. And I don't see Thanos doing that without his gear.

Don't know, the fact that they have to force a time limit mean she could keep it on for a very long time, could be indefinitely. And you can't exactly have a normal physiology when you're outside the realm of "normal" physics (I would judge her to have some soul like property)

If it's intangibility, can't Thanos' matter manipulation counter it? If Thanos has no counter to intangibility guys like Vision could have killed him long ago

It's not like mere intangibility, it's flying outside of reality.

I'm not gonna comment on why you made the thread without knowing Touhou that well, you seem to know it at least.

Anyway it's not intangibility. It's as Promestein said.

Promestein said:
It's not like mere intangibility, it's flying outside of reality.
(Unfortunately) It's still the best way to describe it at the moment. And hey, maybe she could bypass his dura that way?

Just trying to keep the conversation going.

Byakushiki Setsura said:
Since I'm a total newbie in Touhou that knows the franchise from the fandom first (how terrible I am ;_;), can you please explain how Fantasy Nature works? And according to Reimu's profile doesn't Fantasy Nature have a time limit?
No Fnatasy Nature does not have a time limit. Only in spell card fights it does as it is so hax. In a real fight Reimu could keep it going indefinite it was explained at one point that she could. That is why a timer was placed on it to make the spell card battles fair.

well magic can counter intangibility since intangibilty allows you to pass through solid matter mystical energy or magic can counter intangibility cause magic is a spiritual power plus thanos have some knowledge of magic since he knows the lore of it thanos got this so my vote is thanos

Except FN isn't intangibility, only look like one (It's like saying you taking a shortcut around the wall is going through it). And it's not magic either, it's just her ability.

... Really? That's not always the case for magic Omni. There has been cases of magic not working against ghosts or intangible beings before.

Fantasy Nature is more of an ability anyway instead of a magical ability.

Back