• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

TES Minor Additions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, functionally a vestige behaves just like a soul. So I don't know about soul manipulation resistance.

Didn't know what BFR was at first, but the Princes already have summoning and teleportation.

Well they specifically don't have souls. That was mentioned twice with the link i posted.

BFR is also specific. I don't see why already having teleporting will prohibit them having it.

Yeah, I'm not denying the possibility. I'm just not sure what to make of it. Cus from a meta perspective a vestige is just a demonic version of a soul (ie the good guys have souls and the bad guys have a vestige), how would that work under standard battle rules?

I agree with Self Love that there is a clear distinction between a Soul and a Vestige. Otherwise what would be the point of incorporating Vestiges into the lore when they could have easily said: "Daedra have souls, but they work like this [insert vestige functionality here]. It would really be pointless if they functioned the same as a soul, and they would likely state it outright if they did.

I agree there is some difference.

However, Daedra can still be soul trapped; Mannimarco even planned to trap Molag Bal's soul into the Amulet of Kings to ascend to godhood in ESO.

Which is why I said the difference may not be all that.

That was Mannimarco's mistake and the reason he failed miserably.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-10bY1PFt0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQrS5PmNgXI

You can't manipulate or destroy a vestige the same one would a soul. They're different.

At best, when one "soul traps" a Daedra the former receives some "energy" for an enchantment while the latter goes back to Oblivion to be reformed once more with their body and Vestige intact.

Hypothetically speaking, if Mannimarco were able too (which he wouldn't as he even states that the Amulet is a plaything to the Prince), Molag would just reform immediately.

He was under the impression that they worked in a similar manner due to his background with necromancy.

Daedra lack souls thus his demise

So should the Daedra and Aedra pages be temporarily unlocked, and then updated accordingly?

Well, you first need to write a list of all the exact titles for the profiles that need to be unlocked, so I can handle it via an automated script.

Azura, Boethiah, Clavicus Vile, Hermaeus Mora, Hircine,vMalacath, Mehrunes Dagon, Mephala, Meridia, Molag Bal, Namira, Nocturnal, Peryite, Sanguine, Sheogorath, and Vaermina

I have handled it. Tell me here when you are done.

Done.

Also eventually i would like someone to replace the current images of the Princes with what is shown from Daggerfall. Peryite has the most aesthetically pleasing page among the rest. It's also where they first make an appearance in TES.

Definitely disagree with the use of Daggerfall images :p Far too low quality for my liking, not to mention the Princes have changed a great deal since then.

Though I do think we should use a consistent art style for their profile pics. Right now some use in-game images, some use cartoony fanart and some use more realistic fanart. Personally, I'd prefer it if they all used realistic fanart.

Which is not to say that I'm volunteering to make the edits, I made a mess of those the last time :D

Yeah i just want something consistent and with the same size, so it leaves more room for the text and not squished together like Sheogorath's page.

I have locked the pages again.

Should we close this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back