• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Terrarian vs The Saltborn

Oh good to see this match can happen again. I need to read over which powers the Terrarian has in this key but I believe it's everything around the wall of flesh fight. The Terrarian should have more movability due to his jet boots and the shield of Cthulhu's dash ability since the Saltborn gets his movement abilities in the low 7-B key. The Terrarian's summons are intangible to ghost and people that can hit non corporeals so the Saltborn has to deal with being attacked from multiple different directions by things he can't hit. The Terrarian's weapons are a lot better due to their range or rate of fire and other things like that depending on if they are ranged or not. And finally the Terrarian has a slight ap advantage while the Saltborn has a pretty massive skill advantage. The Terrarian scales to 8 tons while the Saltborn is 6 tons. When it comes to skill the Terrarian can solo armies with people stronger than himself while the Saltborn is comparable to the Nameless God who has all the memories of hundreds of armies and countries over multiple centuries. The Saltborn can also use a multiple weapons, that are stated to be nigh impossible to learn how to use, while they have amnesia.

Location in this fight matters a lot since the Saltborn has infinite resurrection on the Nameless Island so its a good thing this fight takes place in Anor Londo.

For right now I'll have to give it to the Terrarian as he likes to stay at a range, even with most melee weapons, meanwhile the Saltborn is mostly a melee fighter and doesn't have enough movement options in this key to get close before being shot down (Also I believe the Terrarian has his durability negation in this key while the Saltborn gets his in his 7-B key).

I checked Saltborn out, and honestly, I don't see any way for him to deal with the summons (some of which have enhanced poison) and the passive absorbtion from Terrarian. Not only that, but Terrarian resist a lot of Saltborn's hax like mind manip and soul manip, while Terrarian's bypasses multiple layers of resistance.

Does the Saltborn have mind hax? Last time I checked that was a resistance.

Also yeah the Saltborn should have non-physical interaction but it doesn't matter because people with non-physical interaction can't hit the summons (though the celestial tower's force fields can block it, but that says a lot more about their shields consider non corporeal ghost and souls can't hit the summons either.

I mean he can fight as long as he wants, but he'll still die if he is shot to pieces. Honestly this may be a match where you can have it on the Nameless Island because the Terrarian probably could knock out the Saltborn for the win (granted the Terrarian would probably kill him over a hundred times before begrudgingly going for the knock out but he should be smart enough to get the point that he can't kill the Saltborn on the Nameless island).

Ok now this much harder because the Saltborn would resist the corruption due to the Nameless Island constantly trying to steal an corrupt the Saltborn's soul (so the Terrarian can't just throw corrupt powder at him, which is somewhat in character). The Terrarian would also resist the island so the arena doesn't kill him.

The Terrarian would almost never go for knockout considering how he handles other creatures and bosses having second stages. He would probably consider the Saltborn resurrecting to just be another phrase. Meanwhile the Saltborn would gain more of an understanding of what he's fighting against every death.

So either the Terrarian eventually gets tired or he finally gets the hint and just goes for knock out.

I'm leaning to the Terrarian but barely.

Keeweed said:
I mean he can fight as long as he wants, but he'll still die if he shot to pieces. Honestly this may be a match where you can have it on the Nameless Island because the Terrarian probably could knock out the Saltborn for the win (granted the Terrarian would probably kill him over a hundred times before begrudgingly going for the knock out but he should be smart enough to get the point that he can't kill the Saltborn on the Nameless island).
At some point, Terrarian will most likely BFR (I know it's not on his profile, but I thought to bring it up anyway) or transmutate/corrupt Saltborn

However I just want to point out the Terrarian going for knock out is the Saltborn's perfect chance to kill him since the Terrarian's summons and ranged weapons would be terrible for the job and he would have to get into the Saltborn's range to knock him out. So this would come down to the Terrarian ap and slight range advantage with his melee weapons vs the Saltborn's skill, nigh instant aoe spells, and not having to worry about using only melee weapons as he doesn't have knock the Terrarian out.

MrWarnerTheGreat wrote:

At some point, Terrarian will most likely BFR (I know it's not on his profile, but I thought to bring it up anyway) or transmutate/corrupt Saltborn

The transmutation/corruption would fail because it first has to corrupt the Saltborn's soul and he resist that from the Nameless Island. Same as the Terrarian so the Island doesn't kill him.

The Terrarian also isn't the type to go for BFR (unless there's a weapon I've forgotten) and I don't think he has the lifting strength to throw the Saltborn out of bounds (the Saltborn could also teleport back).

Keeweed said:
MrWarnerTheGreat wrote:
The transmutation/corruption would fail because it first has to corrupt the Saltborn's soul and he resist that from the Nameless Island. Same as the Terrarian so the Island doesn't kill him.

The Terrarian also isn't the type to go for BFR (unless there's a weapon I've forgotten) and I don't think he has the lifting strength to throw the Saltborn out of bounds (the Saltborn could also teleport back).

Terrarian's corruption not only effects souls, mind and bodies, but completely bypasses resistance on those scales along with effecting void psychology creatures.

He doesn't always spam BFR in battle, but does so to things like corruption/crimson and hallow throughout the entire game, so if needed, Terrarian can use it.

When has he ever used bfr.

And what creatures have void psychology and why would that make the corruption bypass resists? The Saltborn resistances are also really good as the island has claimed the souls of multiple armies and civilizations. Sure the corruption isn't bad itself though it's going to have a hard time due to the Saltborn's psychology and resistances.

Keeweed said:
When has he ever used bfr.

And what creatures have void psychology and why would that make the corruption bypass resists? The Saltborn resistances are also really good as the island has claimed the souls of multiple armies and civilizations. Sure the corruption isn't bad itself though it's going to have a hard time due to the Saltborn's psychology and resistances.
Terrarian consistently has to banish the corruption/crimson and hallow to purify one of thousands of worlds. Said corruption/crimson have effected thousands of sentient planets and worlds. Not only due to voided creatures lack a soul, mind and physical body, but Terrarian can effect them fairly easily with corruption, crimson and hallow.

Which creatures are the voided ones? It probably is pretty obvious but I've pretty clearly either completely forgotten them and need a reminder or I just never knew about them.

The corruption does effect multiple worlds, there was going to be a canon spin off game about that but it got cancelled.

But corruption does that over time, planet by planet, it doesn't scale to a single thing of corruption as it would just scale to the Souls of light and darkness. Which is still easily an entire islands worth plus stuff out in space above the island but the Nameless Island scales to a pretty similar amount.

Keeweed said:
Which creatures are the voided ones? It probably is pretty obvious but I've pretty clearly either completely forgotten them and need a reminder or I just never knew about them.

The corruption does effect multiple worlds, there was going to be a canon spin off game about that but it got cancelled.

But corruption does that over time, planet by planet, it doesn't scale to a single thing of corruption as it would just scale to the Souls of light and darkness. Which is still easily an entire islands worth plus stuff out in space above the island but the Nameless Island scales to a pretty similar amount.
The creatures in mind are wraiths. It's not stated in the base game, and you'd have to get the Collector's edition + cards. But yeah, Terrarian is literally able to effects the souls of soulless beings. Fiction

The corruption is a slow process, however that doesn't deny it's ability to bypass resistance (i.e, able to effect others across separate universes who have a resistance to it) but due to my lack of known on Salt & Sanctuary, I'll assume the potency of the Nameless island is similar until I play the game.

Wait Terraria has a collector's edition and cards? That state stuff about the creatures. Jeez maybe I shouldn't doubt the Terraria upgrade so much if I completely missed stuff like that.

When it comes to the soul stuff the island is pretty similar. It passively collects armies worth of souls and if it failed to steal your soul passively it'll actively try to steal it the whole time you're there. This is the fate most Kraekans meet; they resist the passives and get to go on their way but when they die their souls gets sent to the center of the island and turned into a golem monstrosity.

Keeweed said:
However I just want to point out the Terrarian going for knock out is the Saltborn's perfect chance to kill him since the Terrarian's summons and ranged weapons would be terrible for the job and he would have to get into the Saltborn's range to knock him out. So this would come down to the Terrarian ap and slight range advantage with his melee weapons vs the Saltborn's skill, nigh instant aoe spells, and not having to worry about using only melee weapons as he doesn't have knock the Terrarian out.
Just wanted to make sure this comment wasn't missed and I also am going to use this to bump the thread.

atleast seven and win by two? or mabye it was 3.... i dont remember but yeah one character needs atleast seven votes before it can be added.

Back