• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken Resistance to Mind Manipulation

In Vol.1, Shizu says this:

"Normally, being absorbed by Ifrit would have erased my consciousness from existence. It was Deviant that protected me. Ifrit may have held the right to rule my body, but I still managed to retain my sense of self despite the assimilation."

Same to assume "absorbed" means possessed, hence Deviant, a skill to seperate or merge (likely seperate in this case) protected her mind.

I also saw she that Ifrit was causing her to resist madness manipulation through her own sorrow, but I'll need to get the quote.

Alright, was finally able to get back to this. Shizu with her Anti-Magic Mask should also gave a Resistance to Willpower Manipulation:

"The instant I put the Mask of Magic Resistance on, it immobilized Ifrit inside me and hid the burn scars across my body. And that wasn't all. With the will of Ifrit no longer dominating mine, all the oppressed emotions I felt over the years immediately welled out of me."

Either Immortality (Type 1) or Immunity to Age Manipulation:

"Whether it was Ifrit's influence on me or not, my body had stopped growing at the age of sixteen or seventeen. One of the demon lord's curses, I thought, but it nonetheless served me well on the road."

Resistance to Madness Manipulation (also Emapthic Manipulation?):

"It did, in the end, keep me from going mad inside. It helped shelter me from the guilt I should have felt at killing. Not that I was incapable of that emotion—Ifrit just exercised his complete control over me to ensure I never felt it. To ensure that I, his host, never lost my mind and died on him."

"It made me sick. For hours on end, until nothing came out any longer. He should have just killed me, too, while he was at it. My entire body surged with maddening regret and sadness—and then, like nothing had happened, I was serene. No tears spilled from my eyes, even though I wanted to cry. No madness overtook me, even though I wanted to lose myself in it. No voice escaped my throat, even though I wanted to scream."

"Did the magic-born titan take over my mind, too? My heart was buried in a swell of terror, and then instantly, the calmness came back. I was no longer even a person."

I believe these would be the reverse for Ifrit, having Mind Manip, Willpower Manip, and Empathic Manip.

I'm not sure if that would count as resistance to willpower manip rather than simply mind manip. I'm pretty sure that's immortality type 1, not resistance to age manip. everything else seems fine.

I am not so sure about immortality type 1, since Shizue still lost her vitality through ageing, so I think Age Manipulation for either "Shizue with Ifrit" or Age Manipulation for "Ifrit (affects host, better effect on magicule-richer hosts)" or both, would probably be the best.

In the first place, we don't really have a statement about lifespans of spirits or daemons or other spiritual beings for the LN yet, which is why Rimuru didn't get Immortality type 1 yet for his LN key. Only hint is the primordials, but those got neither concrete statements about lifespanless, nor do we know if it's a universal spiritual standard, or if it's somehow exclusive to the primordials or not.

But it's ultimately due to her ageing (i.e. definitly no Immortality type 1) and she only lived "for decades" (like a normal human lifespan) and appearently it was Ifrit that maintained her young appearence. Shizue even outright states that her "vitality is waning" or something along those lines, right around when she decided to retire from being an adventurer.

Empathetic Manipulation seems to be more of an effect by Ifrit that ceased working because Ifrit lost influence due to being generally suppressed by the mask. I agree OPmasada on willpower being more of a general mind resistance too.

Though Shizue with her Mask should at least have Magic resistance, I guess. And the other effects of the mask too, like no need to breath and another one (I forgot what it was).

About the mask:

If I could do something permanent about this aura, I could probably pass for a human pretty much anywhere, but… Suddenly, an idea came to mind. I reached into one pocket and took something out—a beautiful, fetching mask. The Mask of Magic Resistance, the lone physical memento I had to remember Shizu by. I had absorbed the broken pieces with Predator and reassembled them with my body. Maybe this mask could block it?

It was a magic item, one infused with four effects: Magic Resist, Antidote, Breathing Support, and Amplify Senses. Pretty valuable, I imagined. Also, the likely reason why Shizu could breathe normally when summoning fiery explosions within point-blank range of herself. Breathing Support probably kept her lungs full even as the flames consumed the oxygen around her—not that I needed that with my body. I could Synthesize up a respiratory system if I really wanted to, but I didn't. Maybe this mask could convince people that I was breathing, though. It wasn't useful now, but it could be depending on the kind of people I ran into.

The other effects—Antidote and Amplify Senses—seemed a lot more useful to your average adventurer, if not to me. The one effect I needed the most was Magic Resist, which could both dull any magic attacks enemies cast and (hopefully) hide my internal magical force.

I put it on. It had an oddly calming effect, and it seemed to fit pretty well. The moment I applied it, the aura pouring out of me immediately dispelled. Nice. Let's go with this whenever I'm bumping around the outside world.
~ LN vol. 2​
So from that Shizue without Ifrit should get: Enhanced Senses, Self-Sustenance (Type 1), Resistance to Magic, Poison Manipulation and possibly also Resistance to Information Analysis.

It seem so lol, ironicaly i currently watch the anime and i find it pretty fun

and personally, i don't think that fictional battle can to stop me from loving a verse/characters

I think most of this is fine but i disagree with resistance to info analysis, the masks hides the users aura, but i don't think that stops someone from info analyzing them, just means if you tried to sense their power, you couldn't since it's being hidden.

There is a difference between extrasensory perception and info analysis.

Just keeping this for reference.

With Anti-Magic Mask: Superhuman Characteristics, Extrasensory Perception, Enhanced Senses, Self-Sustenance (Type 1), Magic, Fire Manipulation, Explosion Manipulation, Aura, Non-Physical Interaction, Resistance to Possession, Mind Manipulation, Age Manipulation, Magic, and Poison Manipulation.

With Ifrit: All previous abilities greatly enchanced, Vibration Manipulation, Heat Manipulation, Wind Manipulation, Intangibility, Summoning, Flight, Breath Attack, Regenerationn (Low-Mid).

How's this sound?

Little correction: The perks of the mask get lost with Ifrit, since in all instances where she unleashes (LN vol. 1) or is about to unleash (anime ep. 24) Ifrit, Shizue always takes her mask off.

So instead of "previous abilities" just include all abilities, or make a third tabber for "Base Shizue" or something.

Ah, so like this, then?

With Anti-Magic Mask: Superhuman Characteristics, Extrasensory Perception, Enhanced Senses, Self-Sustenance (Type 1), Magic, Fire Manipulation, Explosion Manipulation, Aura, Non-Physical Interaction, Resistance to Possession, Mind Manipulation, Age Manipulation, Magic, and Poison Manipulation.

With Ifrit: Vibration Manipulation, Heat Manipulation, Wind Manipulation, Intangibility, Summoning, Flight, Breath Attack, Regenerationn (Low-Mid).

Where does Shizu's Explosion Manip come from though?

Explosion Manip comes from Shizue's LN vol, 1 stat sheet, as well as the anime, where her flames explode upon contact. Rewatch anime eps 6 and 24 and you'd see.

Something like this:

With Anti-Magic Mask: Superhuman Characteristics, Extrasensory Perception, Enhanced Senses, Self-Sustenance (Type 1), Magic, Fire Manipulation, Explosion Manipulation, Aura, Non-Physical Interaction, Resistance to Possession, Mind Manipulation, Age Manipulation, Magic, Poison Manipulation and Extrasensory Perception|Power Reading

With Ifrit: Superhuman Characteristics, Extrasensory Perception, Vibration Manipulation, Magic, Fire Manipulation, Explosion Manipulation, Aura, Non-Physical Interaction, Heat Manipulation, Wind Manipulation, Intangibility, Summoning, Flight, Breath Attack, Regenerationn (Low-Mid), Resistance to Possession, Mind Manipulation, Age Manipulation

or alternatively

Base Shizue: Superhuman Characteristics, Extrasensory Perception, Magic, Fire Manipulation, Explosion Manipulation, Aura, Non-Physical Interaction, Resistance to Possession, Age Manipulation

With Anti-Magic Mask: Enhanced Senses, Self-Sustenance (Type 1), Mind Manipulation, Magic, Poison Manipulation and Extrasensory Perception|Power Reading

With Ifrit: Vibration Manipulation, Heat Manipulation, Wind Manipulation, Intangibility, Summoning, Flight, Breath Attack, Regenerationn (Low-Mid).

Something like that, I guess? The "Extrasensory Perception|Power Reading" looks strange, but it's how you need to put it into square brackets in the actual profile (since Power Reading doesn't have its own page and is on the ESP page), so it will look better there.

You could also make a version where you make it more "progressively", but that might require a "minus" list, i.e. mentioning for the Ifrit version that the Anti-Mask stuff is no longer applied, so that would probably look ugly.

Considering that it's always "either or", and Shizue can't "lose" her mask, it's safe to say that it's the first one, yea.

Oh by the way, the "Resistance to Mind Manipulation" needs to be removed from the "with Ifrit" tab, I think. Shouldn't have added that one there.

Actually I am not sure if Shizue can use the Breath Attack when she controls Ifrit. We only ever saw text descriptions of her so-called "White Flame form", where she unleashes Ifrit while in control, because both the manga and anime didn't have a scene like that, nor was there any illustration of it in the LN. Well, let's just assume that she can, since everyone already agreed to it anyway.

Back