• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken Information and Data Manipulation

This was actually compiled by NeoSuperior, so props to him. This is what he proposed.

Skills are "inscribed" into the soul. It's safe to say that Rimuru and Great Sage modifying his own and his subordinates' information through his Skills like Shapeshifter/Deviant and Glutton is literally manipulation of the information etched onto the soul. It's not soul manipulation for the simple reason that it can't really affect the soul of others without already having access to it via a Soul Corridor, not even if the individual in question is willing, as seen in the case of the excess energy of Shizue's students. But Rimuru could also, for example, not only combine lesser spirits into a combined greater spirit, but also "reprogram" the spirit afterwards to have an artificial personality on the basis of Ifrit.

Furthermore Great Sage could take the memories from Rimuru's previous live (which are stated to be burned into his soul during the reincarnation process) and convert that into pure information that's comparable to photographic memory and can access them better than Mikami Satoru's original brain could. And from this information Great Sage can not only project them into someone else in real time (when interacting with Shizue) but also "print" them in manga form (Yuuki and Shizue's students).

Finally there's proof that Great Sage is constantly filtering/converting the information from Magic Sense and sending the "edited" version to Rimuru:

"
Linking extra skill [Magical Perception] and unique skill [Great Sage]... complete.

My field of vision cleared up. Moreover, I was not attacked by a burning pain in my brain. That I wasn't able to do this until now is strange in itself, this is an obvious form of "vision". [Great Sage] just might be a cheat. That certainly is not an overstatement. If others held it, I would certainly be crying foul. But the one possessing it, is me. So there's no problem.

"
~ WN chapter 3
"
Synchronizing extra skill Magic Sense with unique skill Great Sage... Successful. All information will now be managed by Great Sage.

Suddenly, my vision opened up. The brain-searing sensation from before was gone, and then I could see—so clearly that it was a wonder I wasn't able to do it before. Something told me that having the Sage at my side was almost cheating. It wouldn't be going too far to put it that way. If someone else had it, I'd probably b*tch that it was against the rules. Since I had it, though... No problem.

"
~ LN volume 1
I mentioned Shizue as a "maybe" for also having the Shapeshifter/Deviant Skill, which is a critically important part of some feats for information manipulation. It depends whether for Rimuru it's accepted for having Shapeshifter/Deviant alone, or only for having the combination of Shapeshifter/Deviant and Great Sage and perhaps also Glutton. If it's the former then Shizue would scale. If it's the latter or completely denied for some reason, then Shizue would obviously not scale.

Well yea you are right. Since the other thread pretty much was finished and implemented it's better to make a new thread for this. So thank you for taking the trouble of making this thread.

As for the content: Do I agree or disagree... hmm... whoever originally thought of the content of this CRT must be a an ultimate once-in-a-googol-years genius with unfathomable wisdom, so I can only agree!

Ok, ok, I am just joking! Don't look at me with eyes like that! But I obviously agree with my own idea. Else I wouldn't have stated it in the first place.

NeoSuperior said:
Well yea you are right. Since the other thread pretty much was finished and implemented it's better to make a new thread for this. So thank you for taking the trouble of making this thread.

As for the content: Do I agree or disagree... hmm... whoever originally thought of the content of this CRT must be a an ultimate once-in-a-googol-years genius with unfathomable wisdom, so I can only agree!

Ok, ok, I am just joking! Don't look at me with eyes like that! But I obviously agree with my own idea. Else I wouldn't have stated it in the first place.
what the-- what am I reading here exactly?😂

Don't mind it! You'll lose if you mind it!

Now, now, more importantly, the content! Do you agree or disagree?

Seems fine, though as for whether it scales to Shizue, don't know, personally i just see it as a result of the combination of Shapeshifter/Deviant and Great Sage.

Now that I think about it, Rimuru never fused any skills directly himself, at most only made suggestions to Great Sage, so it's probably unlikely that Shizue did much in regards of fiddling around with her own Skills, at most only Ifrit's Skills (if she could even access those in the first place), but it's rather unlikely that it was for Skills by Shizue, since she mainly used it in regards to Ifrit and her own body. The only thing that comes to mind that she had that didn't come from her, nor from Ifrit were the "White Flames", but those could have just been the effect of perfect fusion of Peak!Shizu and Ifrit.

So yea, it probably only counts for Rimuru (both WN and LN though).

Can I add it (the LN version, since I can't access the WN version) then?

Well, since there are only agreements and no objections, I guess I can add this to Rimuru's LN profile now. The addition for Rimuru's WN profile was already done from what I can see. Thank you for that, CP.

Back