• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tekken Upgrades

In Tekken, nearly every character can trade blows with Bryan Fury. Who can do these.

Bryan Fury - Last Laugh - Tekken 3-0
Bryan Fury - Last Laugh - Tekken 3-0

Tekken 6 Bryan Fury Ending Scene HD
Tekken 6 Bryan Fury Ending Scene HD

And has traded blows with Paul Phoenix and even caused a shockwave

Tekken 6 Opening Intro (PS3 version)
Tekken 6 Opening Intro (PS3 version)

And can do these

Tekken 1 Paul Phoenix - Burning Heart
Tekken 1 Paul Phoenix - Burning Heart

Tekken 2 Paul Phoenix - Hammer Fist
Tekken 2 Paul Phoenix - Hammer Fist

And has defeated and traded blows with Ogre, and other Tekken characters can also hurt Paul and Ogre

Paul Beats Ogre
So the Tekken characters should increase in striking strength and durability and possibly other stats. If you want more info visit my Paul Phoenix respect thread on my Respect Threads wikia http://respect-threads.wikia.com/wiki/Respect_Paul_Phoenix_(Tekken)

Funnily enough, this downgrades the verse.

Aside from that, Bryan being able to no sell both explosions is impressive and from a guess I think At Least Building Level would suffice.

Downgrade, eh? weird, those feats from Fury seems impressive for me. Anyway, I wouldn't scale everyone from Fury without known his entire story/path, other characters doesn't appear to be bulletproof like him for example

Nah characters such as Paul/Yoshimitsu definately scale to Bryan. And Paul has been able to fight Kazuya so he scales and so on etc.

This is more accurate anyways, Heihachi never tanked the "town level" explosion anyways. Scaling characters to Bryan and others is a better way to go around things.

Currently all the Tekken characters are scaled from Devil Jin, who destroyed a forest. I hope Tekken 7 shows some interesting feats, so we can fix the powerscaling of the verse.

Hmmm...

I don't think I'll ever get the chance to bring this up but...

The Mishimas don't have electricity manipulation, they're simply effects in the game. I mean, what're the other character's powers? Tiny blue explosion when Hwoarang attacks? Sakura petals randomly appearing with Lili's attacks?

And I don't think the electricity in the Tekken 3 opening and Blood... errr... I don't remember, but It was the Tekken 6 movie, aren't real. If they could, they could just electrify every character and they would die instantly. Also, Jack absorbs Jin's lasers, and lasers are made of Plasma, and so are lightning. From this, Jack should absorb everyone of the Mishima's attacks, but he doesn't. Another thing is, Lars also has lightning effects, he shouldn't have been able to have this, and don't say that he just learnt it due to his adoption by Heihachi, because if he did, then Lee should've had this too, as he was also adopted by Heihachi.

That's it for now, I have run out of evidence.

Ok. Let's assume they do, and have these powers.

The EWGF move in the games (F,n,d,df+2), is blockable, why is this? There's tons of moves that are unblockable, yet EWGF, possibly the most potent Electric move, is blockable (except for probably electric god hammer move, but that may be because of sheer force itself), does this mean that the Tekken cast has some electric manip res hax? No. Also, in the Mishima/Kazama/(Hwoarang?) Cutscenes, the lightning effect doesn't come out, example of which is Tekken 4 Hwoarang's endings, Tekken 5 Heihachi's 5th round victory, and Tekken 5 Kazuya's ending.

Also, if you think this is derailing the entire thread, then this may be best discussed somewhere else.

"The EWGF move in the games (F,n,d,df+2), is blockable, why is this?" Game mechanics,

They are able to project electricity in their attacks and it's beyond obvious at this point, it's pretty much been a staple since Tekken 2 I believe.

And yes, you are derailing the thread.

Xanix said:
Hmmm...

I don't think I'll ever get the chance to bring this up but...

The Mishimas don't have electricity manipulation, they're simply effects in the game. I mean, what're the other character's powers? Tiny blue explosion when Hwoarang attacks? Sakura petals randomly appearing with Lili's attacks?

And I don't think the electricity in the Tekken 3 opening and Blood... errr... I don't remember, but It was the Tekken 6 movie, aren't real. If they could, they could just electrify every character and they would die instantly. Also, Jack absorbs Jin's lasers, and lasers are made of Plasma, and so are lightning. From this, Jack should absorb everyone of the Mishima's attacks, but he doesn't. Another thing is, Lars also has lightning effects, he shouldn't have been able to have this, and don't say that he just learnt it due to his adoption by Heihachi, because if he did, then Lee should've had this too, as he was also adopted by Heihachi.

That's it for now, I have run out of evidence.
Electricity manipulation is natural in the mishimas, in fact some characters having effects are because it's the manifestation of their energy, it's like the ki in street fighter, each fighter has a manifestation of their ki, like Ryu having Electricity for Ki, Rashid having wind for Ki and Ken having Fire for Ki.

Back