• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Team Fortress 9-A Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both sides have pretty much the same resources, that's point of the war, both brothers wasting their equal fortune on war, copying each others side.

If BLU was weaker at all, they would have lost, resources don't matter because the RED would have them as well as superior might

If they needed to worry about resources, they would not let the Heavy use his machine gun.
I just did some math, and the Heavy fires about $15000000 worth of bullets in a single 15 minute match.

Either way, this isn't really relevant to this thread, so I won't bother giving too much more input on this.
Agreed.
Yeah and?

I still personally think there's enough evidence towards 9-A I just also think that some calcs are 9-B.
It was several rockets at once, and Scout was already previously injured as you can see from the bandages across his abdomen. Surviving that is still a durability feat.
Apparently if he says its alright, then its been agreed by DMUA that the Pyro explosion is okay to use among the others.

Both sides have pretty much the same resources, that's point of the war, both brothers wasting their equal fortune on war, copying each others side.

If BLU was weaker at all, they would have lost, resources don't matter because the RED would have them as well as superior might
Yeah, they are both wasting their equal fortune, it just means BLU is wasting more of it. Which they have been doing anyway because, again, they are the ones dying all the time, how does this suddenly change the moment their statistics come into question?

Apparently if he says its alright, then its been agreed by DMUA that the Pyro explosion is okay to use among the others.
The Pyro explosion is not alright to use as general durability, it is a heat resistance feat seeing as the other Pyro was vaporized by a grenade in their own suit

When a can of gasoline is lured on a person and lit on fire, it doesn’t explode. It just lights on fire really fast. It looks like an explosion, but it’s just everything being on fire at once (almost).

The Pyro explosion is not alright to use as general durability, it is a heat resistance feat seeing as the other Pyro was vaporized by a grenade in their own suit
I could be wrong, but I recall there being a calc where TFC grenades were calced at 9-A. I'll try and find it. Seeing as the entire explosion was contained entirely within the suit, as well as TFC Pyro being well past their prime, that isn't too surprising.

edit: found the calc, but the grenade used seems to be different.

Last edited:
Yeah, they are both wasting their equal fortune, it just means BLU is wasting more of it. Which they have been doing anyway because, again, they are the ones dying all the time, how does this suddenly change the moment their statistics come into question?
The point is, no side is superior and there is no proof or mention that BLU was wasting more resources or was weaker.

If BLU was truly wasting more, they have already won, they don't have infinite resources, RED team would've just made them waste all of it and won, but they didn't, because the point is that each side is equal.

Plus they don't carry much resources to fights anyway, they just carry their weapons most of the time.

I mentioned this before but I think it got ignored.

Do any of the explosion feats take exposed surface area into account? I've looked at several of them and saw nothing indicating that they did. That would affect the durability rating given to the characters, would it not?

Do any of the explosion feats take exposed surface area into account? I've looked at several of them and saw nothing indicating that they did. That would affect the durability rating given to the characters, would it not?
Both Pyro and Scout seemed to be near the center of the explosion.

The point is, no side is superior and there is no proof or mention that BLU was wasting more resources or was weaker.

If BLU was truly wasting more, they have already won, they don't have infinite resources, RED team would've just made them waste all of it and won, but they didn't, because the point is that each side is equal.

Plus they don't carry much resources to fights anyway, they just carry their weapons most of the time.
Yet you haven't proven BLUs are on equal footing at all, meanwhile I can list multiple things that point to them being inferior.

They have been wasting more, the Meet trailers are always depicting RED victories, what does this mean? Hire more mercenaries to fight back, buy their supplies and equipment, etc. This is indisputable when you factor in these things. Suggesting that RED would have already won is based purely on speculation of their level of resources.

Discussion of this can stop now, as it can be continued when the thread for it comes.

Again, Pyro is the kind of person to not give a shit about fire, he's the same person to see it as bubbles so either way he should have been close to it.

I’m not exactly sure Pyro’s gasoline thing would be too valid considering the concerns on how a gasoline explosion actually works and well, the fact the Pyro’s suit is a suit specifically made to deal with Fire

I’m not exactly sure Pyro’s gasoline thing would be too valid considering the concerns on how a gasoline explosion actually works and well, the fact the Pyro’s suit is a suit specifically made to deal with Fire
Again, gasoline wasn't the main factor of the explosion.

IIRC Pyro only covered one of the mercs and maybe the floor with gasoline, not nearly enough to cause that big a boom. There were grenades in the building as well.

I mean, Scout and Pyro's feat are pretty much point blank. Like, at most Pyro is less than a meter away from the epicenter of the blast, maybe you could say there should be some inverse square law, but it wouldn't lower the results all that much.

Not to mention, there were no gasoline barrels in sight. At most, there was a guy covered in it, and maybe some spots on the floor. Even then, the guy couldn't have been covered in it much, since he didn't even notice.
Well yeah...

Anyways wanting to go into this much into ******* detail, it seems more like wanting an excuse now.

Quite sure the Scout feat and Pyro feat is enough for reasons I've already explained.

(An injured scout was able to survive a near 9-A explosion, and Pyro, who is stronger than Scout, was able to take a 9-A explosion, which we already showed wasn't a gas explosion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back