• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Team Fortress 2 possible AP upgrade

That's not how it works, you don't just assume the gun has twice the muzzle velocity. And as seen in the video, the turret does not turn anywhere near as fast as the bullets and Scout wasn't shown outpacing any bullets. Simply running faster than the turret can turn; that doesn't make him that much faster than the bullets.

bruh, the video is just a example of the sentry that cannot follow him, but can catch every other class instantly. And did you read what i said above? probably not. Scout in various times can dodge a level 3 sentry gun fire using speed, even a Engineer with the wrangle can get trouble with him, you can see it various times while in game. Im getting sources from the game itself, that have weapons based on real life. http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Team_Fortress_2#Multi-Barrel_Miniguns in game, for balancement reasons, the minigun fires at 2,400 RPM, but in real life its 10,000 RPM. Not to mention if you fire the Minigun in low to mid range, he can dodge some, or if not 50% of the bullets.

Rounds per minute isn't the same thing as Meters per second as the speed of each bullet. You also haven't showed a clip of him actually dodging the bullets. And besides, the turning speed of the turrets is at best Subsonic and that's being generous.

Dark, do you even play Team Fortress? Know what the game is? I cant find any video on youtube showing his feat. If you wanna prove it by yourself, just play the game. Any decent player know Scout speed is broken. The muzzle velocity its aproximately 2,800 ft/s (853 m/s), and Scout can dodge the majority of the bullets in some ranges, and probably some classes faster than the Soldier can do it too, although with some difficult.

I played TF2, and the bullets are portrayed as being overwhelmingly faster than every single character in the game in gameplay. Cut scenes are a different story, and Bonk makes bullets unable to touch him, but the calculations are still inflated. It would at best be Mach 2.5. But in gameplay, we don't actually see Scout dodge bullets outside of aim dodging.

You played but you dont seem to be into the game. I dont even cited BONK there. Yes, you can see Scout dodging some bullets while in game, its more easy to see with the Heavy, since his weapons have large spread. TF2 weapons are Hitscan, but this does not mean that they always hit instantly after firing, because of this you can see faster classes dodge bullets. It is rare, but not impossible. Having a canon feat that is superior than in-game makes the latter irrelevant

Dodging the bullets scattering isn't the same thing as the bullet being fired from the gun, the character outpaces the same bullet while it's still flying and has yet to collide with anything. Also, provide a scan or cutscene that showcases this if retrievable.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Dodging the bullets scattering isn't the same thing as the bullet being fired from the gun, the character outpaces the same bullet while it's still flying and has yet to collide with anything. Also, provide a scan or cutscene that showcases this if retrievable.
Jesus facepalm

It seems you've dragged this out so long that what he's saying ceases to male much sense...

That being said, bullets are hitsca in TF2, as in they are so fast in game the moment the hitbox comes out it's hit what it going to. The rockets move at 47 mph. If you believe that's game mechanics, simply say so along with a way we can calc the true speed. Arrows move about 100, and scouts can dodge those, hence the Subsonic rating.

IvoryAS said:
It seems you've dragged this out so long that what he's saying ceases to male much sense...
That being said, bullets are hitsca in TF2, as in they are so fast in game the moment the hitbox comes out it's hit what it going to. The rockets move at 47 mph. If you believe that's game mechanics, simply say so along with a way we can calc the true speed. Arrows move about 100, and scouts can dodge those, hence the Subsonic rating.
Scout dodge Minigun fire and Sentry gun fire simultaneously in the Meet The Scout, also he was able to "dodge" fire from the pyro and easily avoid rockets and outrun a train. In-game not only the Scout, but any class faster than the Soldier or even the Soldier itself can dodge arrows or some bullets, altrough this is very rare, but can happen often with classes that have high mobility. I already saw a Demoman dodging minigun fire in mid range in the air by simple air-strafing after the stickyjump. Theres also the Bread Monster in the Expiration Date, he was able to destroy various parts of the RED Base that is cleary a large building, and the mercys were able to survive inumerous blows from him.

All of the mercs should have to be upgraded to Supersonic or Supersonic+ in reactions or speed by simple powerscaling.

Scout can dodge bullets and faster projectiles by simple running > Heavy can catch him inumerous times > Spy and the Soldier can outfought him with ease too > Soldier can catch the Spy who overpowered the Scout who overpowered the Heavy, and so on.

There were still 0 scans of actual legit bullet timing feats shown on the thread.

All I saw was the Sentry Gun and Minigun missing him as if he was outside the bullets line of fire; I never seen him do like a Matrix style dodge at point blank range. AKA, it was aim dodging. Actually, the rocket and the train were both ganging up on him; he wasn't even running faster than those.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
All I saw was the Sentry Gun and Minigun missing him as if he was outside the bullets line of fire; I never seen him do like a Matrix style dodge at point blank range. AKA, it was aim dodging. Actually, the rocket and the train were both ganging up on him; he wasn't even running faster than those.
Sometimes i think you have vision problems or something like that. Major of the easily spot things i sent here you have some phrase trying to counter what i say saying the opposite. Its cleary Scout its dodging the bullets, put the video 0.25 and you will see it. Nvm, you can perfectly see it by just the normal speed by just looking at his feet or the center of the screen, it also happens before he jumps the buildings. Bullet-Timing dont mean only Matrix movies or slowing time effect. It means someone is fast enough to catch or dodge bullets with little to no difficult, requiring High Supersonic or higher reactions.

And he didn't actually dodge the bullets in the traditional sense of moving his body parts faster than the bullets like what's being implied here. The bullets were just to the side and just narrowly miss him and he didn't even have to react to them. I don't have vision problems, I simply haven't been given any evidence outside of assumptions.

"Scout dodge a Sentry level 1 and Minigun fire simultaneously"

How the hell is running in a straight line while bullets constantly miss you count as dodging and reacting?

"avoided rockets"

No

"outran a train"

Click the link again and you'll see why it isn't.

Just to add here since I was the first to talk about a CRT on TF2

I would like mention that there's a calc that everyone pretty much ignored that would make him 8-C.

From we should link this as their explanation for their AP because no one knows where we got 9-A TF2, if we aren't going to upgrade them to 8-C

"2. Scout survives a huge blast.

http://i.imgur.com/zQ2JnsB.png

Scout's height is 177.8 cm from that same source. So the blast radius is 1.94 meters. Using this again: http://www.alternatewars.com/BBOW/ABC_Weapons/Nuke_Effects_Calculator.htm

Gets the minimum value of 0.0003 kilotons (0.3 tons) for the 2 meter groundburst fireball. Building level."

That calc is based on an outdated value if it's the human vaporization feat; we use this instead which is 9-A.

As for the explosions, we use the formula in the Explosion Yield Calculations which is Y = ((x/0.28)^3)/1000 with Y in megatons of TNT and x in km. Alternatively, it could be Y = (x/0.28)^3 with Y in kilotons of TNT and x in km or Y = (x/0.28)^3 with Y in grams of TNT and x in m. I'll use the last one for simplicity.

(1.94/0.28)^3 = 332.606778426 grams of TNT or 1391626.76093 Joules. That's only Wall level. And since it's non nuclear, the result gets divided by 2 making the feat 166.303389213 grams of TNT or 695813.380465 Joules which is still 9-B.

That link for the first feat is broken for me, and I also did the 2nd calc using our formula and the result was only 9-B.

Edit: after looking at that link, both the rocket launcher calcs are blatantly Wall level and Cow mangler is the only 9-A feat there.

Another one. You can cleary see he doding some bullets of the fire just by looking in slow speed and at his feet. The other ones miss him simply because its a damn minigun, it have large spread. How he not outran the train? any normal human would get hit by it. He was fast enough to pass it without notable difficults. The "No" you sent to me, the rocket hit the metal plate on his side, and if the bar was not there the rocket would pass in his front and would miss him. Soldier in Meet the Soldier curta dodged a Rocket by simple turning to the left, hes the 2nd slowest class. Theres no reason to say Scout cant do it.

Since MK characters and other characters get certain lifting Strength because of the powerscaling, can Scout get Class 5 due to overpowering the Heavy who got Class 5 for doing this?

What? Scout isn't reacting nor dodging to anything, he's literally running while bullets constantly miss him. I don't really need to tell you this because it's been explained this to you.

And I'm just gonna point out that rockets and freight trains don't go past the subsonic+ rating, don't see why Scout would be supersonic because of that.

Makes sense for him to have Class 5 so yeah.

Class 5 lifting strength seems legit, but as Steven said he never dodged any bullets nor did he outrun the train or the rocket.

Class 5 should be fine, he's clearly able to restrain a Heavy in "Meet the Scout".

Now this might be horribly wrong and I apologize if it is, but according to this Scout can hit with a force of 40.8 kilonewton, which - according to Google - would equal to 4.16044 tons, which would be Large Building Level.

Again, this might be horribly wrong, so please don't shoot me if it is.

40.8 Kilonewton would only be tons of Force; tons of force =/= tons of TNT equivalent. In fact, said feat would at best be Wall level. It could be a backup for his Class 5 lifting strength, but force alone isn't really much of an Attack Potency feat unless there's speed to go with it.

Steven Pogi Paitao said:
What? Scout isn't reacting nor dodging to anything, he's literally running while bullets constantly miss him. I don't really need to tell you this because it's been explained this to you.
And I'm just gonna point out that rockets and freight trains don't go past the subsonic+ rating, don't see why Scout would be supersonic because of that.

Makes sense for him to have Class 5 so yeah.
I dont said he reacted. And im not going to explain this too so we are friends now

I said dodged a train because you need to be at least fast enough to do it. Just a feat.

I dont said hes supersonic because of that. I said hes supersonic+ because of the minigun and sentry feat that can reach more 1700 m/s. But they are missing him and not dodging, so discart this.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
40.8 Kilonewton would only be tons of Force; tons of force =/= tons of TNT equivalent. In fact, said feat would at best be Wall level. It could be a backup for his Class 5 lifting strength, but force alone isn't really much of an Attack Potency feat unless there's speed to go with it.
He one-hit a large bear with a bone strike in the head on a comic, = 9-B?

Since the TF2 team are basically rip and Valve dont give a shit to it, we probably will never see other feats and things from curtas and comics. I cant see characters like Saxton Hale being only 9-A. Shame we will never have it again.

Back