• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have had several threads this year about upscaling.

Some even consider 1.2x too big.

A 1.3x upscale seems way too high.

So you're telling me that 1.3x is too big when a 10-A punching a 10-B with all of their strength isn't a oneshot despite a 3x AP gap?

Dude.

There is no ******* way that small differences in power like that would result in one-shots. Show me ONE example of 1.2x differences being a one shot in OPM.

Not gonna say if Tats needs to be upscaled or stay but if you beat someone who went from moon level+ to an even stronger form to another stronger granting of power, 1.3x is like very small. 5x is even small but that an extremely dumb upscaling.

1.3x is really really small, even small than the difference of a 10-B to 10-A, and 10-B to 10-A is a 3x gap minimum, and people don't 1 hit 1 kill people constantly IRL
would this mean one shots would be by default more than 3x gaps from verses? i don't think so.

and he obviously can't, i still agree, but this isn't a justification
How is it not a justification?

It's something like this:

Psykorochi>Saitama (According to Orochi after being one-shotted)>Orochi's Gaia Cannon>Orochi (the calc that is only 1.31x away from Low 5-B)

So you're telling me that 1.3x is too big when a 10-A punching a 10-B with all of their strength isn't a oneshot despite a 3x AP gap?

Dude.

There is no ******* way that small differences in power like that would result in one-shots. Show me ONE example of 1.2x differences being a one shot in OPM.
Show me evidence that a canonical 1.3x amp is the minimum for a one shot in this verse.

Like our One Shot page says
In order for a one-shot to happen, Fighter A's attack must have an Attack Potency that's quite above Fighter B's Durability. The gap needed to qualify varies from verse to verse, which makes a one-shot from a VS Battles standpoint very hard to determine. What can be certain is that if Fighter A is in a different tier than Fighter B (ex: Fighter A is Planet level and Fighter B is Moon level), then most likely, Fighter A can one-shot the opponent.
I've seen verses where less than 1.5x can one shot.
I've seen verses where over 20x can't one shot.
I've seen verses where a 2x multiplier can turn a stomp around.

You're trying to gague inverse mechanics for one shotting to the average regular ass person oneshotting another regular person when there's many factors to it.
Not gonna say if Tats needs to be upscaled or stay but if you beat someone who went from moon level+ to an even stronger form to another stronger granting of power, 1.3x is like very small. 5x is even small but that an extremely dumb upscaling.
It's small to you.

The difference between baseline Moon level+ and Small Planet is less than 2x, yet they are 2 completely different tiers with much stronger people inbetween it. OPM isn't different.

Everybody here is saying "1.3 is too small yadayadayada" and we even have fallacy callers in here.

All I see is an argument from belief. Yall are gonna have to change the site standards if you want a 1.3x upscale gap.

there is no multiplier making them reach Low 5-B, as Baryon Mode does not have a multiplier
It's from Majestic Attire Susano'o.
They scale to 398.5 exatons each, 398.5 (Kurama Avatar)+398.5 (Susano'o) = 797 (Majestic Attire Susano'o), Baryon Mode scales to Majestic Attire Susano'o (the reasoning is linked in the profiles)

but there is no proof that baryon mode does closes that gap
It scales to Isshiki which destroyed their strongest forms with a single hit in it's weakened state prior to a ridiculously high transformation.

Now, I'm not a math guy myself, but how much bigger is 1.3 than 1.086? Doesn't seem that much to me.
Not that much bigger until you're multiplying numbers in the exaton range by it.

Multipliers explains it good
Aside from such considerations, if it comes to techniques which divide the power of an opponents attacks by something or multiplies the strength of an allies attacks feats will be necessary, regarding what the strongest attacks are for which this works. The reason for that can be easily seen by example: Doubling the power of a 10 Tons of TNT attack requires just the addition of further 10 Tons of TNT. Doubling the power of a 100 Tons of TNT attack requires adding 100 Tons of TNT on the other hand. That means doing that for the 100 Tons of TNT attack requires a far more powerful technique.

I can agree with Tatsumaki being Low 5-B, but I think Psykorochi should just be at least 5-C+. Released Boros who has a statement that puts him as much stronger than Orochi is only rated at 5-C+. I don't think Psykorochi has enough evidence to upscale that much, the fusion is just unquantifiably stronger than regular Orochi.

It scales to Isshiki which destroyed their strongest forms with a single hit in it's weakened state prior to a ridiculously high transformation.
still no proof of closing the gap, the argument is the same, but it seems that they upscale from the majestic attire, which closes the gap, as it merges the power of both naruto and sasuke, which is fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back