• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Soupy's Bracket Bowl: The Return! Round 12!

Soupywolf5

They/Them
Round 12! Our Champions are The Mandaloria from Star Wars, submitted by Joaco0902! And Frank West from Dead Rising, submitted by Buttersamuri!

Speed is Equalized, the Mandalorian has his weapons (Besides High 8-C explosives), Frank is in his Exo-Suit

The Mandalorian is 0.01649 Tons, Frank West is 0.01219 Tons

The Current Standings!

He's not Boba Fett Butter: 6 (Buttersamuri, Joaco0902, Psychomaster35, I'm Blue Daba dee daba die, Niccokirby, Ionliosite)

Frank West: 1 (Jackythejack)

Inconclusive:

I don't think the high range stuff is things Boba will have. The heavy assault rifle has vaporizing feats. And flash charges are within franks range due to guns and snipers

Oh right.

Well. Regardless. Guns he can use still keep him in range. And Bobas sniper stuff wouldn't work due to vaporizing. So both should be in range enough

And even with all his previous weapons, most are just 9-B, some just 9-A for the freezing weapons. Not to mention, Mando is HEAVY skilled.

Right...so the ion cannon could be useful. But like...ugh. Y'all suck becuase this is so obvious.

Freeze gg?

I think Mando actually only has a heavy blaster pistol in this case? Could be wrong but that's what I'm getting from reading his profile as the other weapons seem above him

The only thing in that I can see being a problem is the flash charge and even then Frank could probably see that coming. The knife would involve Mando getting up close, same with flamethrower (the range on those things aren't as good as guns), the pistol should have comparable range to an ion cannon and minigun, I would assume, or most of Frank's generic power ups, and the whip is sort of a risky weapon

The Ion canon probably won't do as well since lacking pierce damage. Mandos gun also lacks pierce damage too, but also has flight and even higher durability with his armor.

Looks like it comes down to skill and the small advantages

Frank is definitely skilled, probably not as skilled as Mandalorian but he has dealt with opponents at least somewhat comparable, such as Fantina and Calder and Brock (Mason? Don't remember his last name), but Mando's skill, while certainly formidable, isn't anything frank isn't new to. Their experiences are differing, but Frank in Dead Rising 4 becomes a beast when he's killing armed forces.

And thanks to (SBA breaking the laws of physics) Frank having his Exo suit upgrades, as well as weapons, he can put down a lot of covering fire with a machine gun and rockets, which should arguably pack more power than most of what Mando is carrying, and the machine guns should dish out more bullets than the blaster (presumably. I don't know Star Wars very well). Frank freezing him also just...probably works. The armor might be an issue but I think he can get through it and freeze him, or make him move slower because icey stuff.

The tornado blasts are also going to be terribly difficult to avoid, same with the weird mortar/missile blasts he gets from the military power-up. He also, technically, has resistance to fire (DR4 upgrades FTW, really), meaning that one of mando's wepaons is inherently less effective while Frank has the abilities to actually use the flamethrower himself.

Also, doubt this matters, but Frank has better lifting strength I think?

...is it weird that it feels like they have very similar justifications?

Both skilled in hand to hand and armed combat, both crafty and resourceful, subduing multitudes off enemies, protecting vulnerable targets (Survivors, in Frank's case), and skilled at using any weapon given to him

Looking at another thread. He is skilled enough to fight with and actually give a fight to Batman. But it was said Batmans probably more skilled. Albeit. Batman >>>>> Frank

I'm also gonna bet Star Wars is more skilled fighters based in the verse in general. They tend to be extremely skilled. And more so than frank. Same with Experience

Still Way more skilled than Frank. By a long shot. But yes. Not comic level of skill. Which would smack both these people same time via it alone

But not like, to the ******* skill stop extent. I'd still say the match is more than doable. Frank's no stranger to uphill battles-

Oh yea. The fights still doable. Mando isn't so much more impressive than he wins every time via skill alone, But the skill difference is still probably pretty notable in his favor. Above it seemed that was what Pyscho brought up too. So we can likely put Mando has a good skill and experience chunk ahead of frank. But frank still has his ways to win

Yeah, my main thing is that Frank has some really good versatility going for him compared to Mando, who has quite a few weapons that either do the same thing, or Frank kinda resists a bit (Flamethrower, melee weapons and even guns, because DR4 decided to give a god damn skill tree), whichll help him a heck of a lot. He had equal, arguably superior range (I think the minigun would be comparable? Possibly), and freezing Mando is always an option. Of course...don't remember the other upgrades. They were never notable for me. Hehe...

I'm pretty sure the tornados are like, several meters in height, a couple in width? Or just has a wide AOE where they freeze most things in their area. I think even being close to the tornado would mess up Mando here, and it's a really easy attack to spam.

Melee weapons will cut right through Frank. It's no question there. Your right above the flamethrower though. He does have that advantage, plus being more versatile.

And then that might not help too much. To my recollection. That jet pack can go pretty high

Does that mean frank gets stomped because skill is ******* dumb

Probably now. The soldiers Frank faced are cute compared to the soldiers Mando seem to have fought. Some of the most skilled and trained fighters across the galaxy.

Honestly should have expected that. It's Star Wars after all. Let alone a Bounty Hunter Main character from Star Wars.

So. Mando with durability, Flight, and major skill wins

Back