• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tarmiel's Ocean Feat Outlier and Hax

DemonGodMitchAubin

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
I get that this has been talked about probably a lot in SDS, but still I need to wonder

Now, One thing I don't get is how the Ocean Feat is not seen as an Outlier or Hax, for one thing Tarmiel and Sariel specifically say that their Graces created the pocket Dimension that Mael is Teleported into, The Domain of God is more than likely something that the Deities Created and Not them specifically, as well this is a feat greater than any other feat before it, which makes it the strongest feat in the series, as well controlling something doesn't equate to generating that much energy, now if this was something that scaled to a few characters like the God Tiers, than I would have no issue, however this tier jumped a large number of people and I feel that this is evidence that this is more than likely an Outlier

However I feel we can not properly scale this to AP

...Why did you make a new thread when we were already discussing this in the other one?

Regardless, your first point is wrong. The Supreme Deity created the graces and gave them to Tarmiel and Sariel. Tarmiel and Sariel state that the Domain of God is "created by our graces," not by the Supreme Deity.

As for the question of whether it's an outlier, that was already discussed as well. Raven calced a Low 6-B supporting feat, and there were other calcs IIRC, but those were before I was here. Plus there have been many greater jumps accepted before. You'd need to provide an actual reason to call this an outlier, such as a clear anti-feat that invalidates it.

The scaling to AP was already heavily discussed as well. Tarmiel's Ocean is not just a creation/hax ability. He uses it for direct offensive techniques, and it was judged that it doesn't make sense for his creation feat, which showed no noticeable effort, to be weaker than his actual attacks.

In short, you're basically repeating the exact same debate that happened months ago and was concluded.

About the Low 6-B calc. Vaporization seems pretty asumptive tbh. I find it hard to beleive darkness could vaporize something rather than pulverize it. That, and Meliodas did it while in a state of extreme rage.

@Versus I realize you weren't into NNT back then, but like the other topic this was already discussed extensively. We were given a seen significantly after the actual darkness energy had ended and there was a massive cloud of vapor, which Nakaba drew the exact same way as the vapor caused by Estarossa's Black Hound purgatory fire, rising out of the crater. The calc originally used pulverization and was changed when more information came to light,

@ByAsura

He orignally did yeah, but after new information came to light he was the one who changed it to vaporization.

@Malik Ok. Also here's one of the other feats done by Chandler that's far above island level, and it's pretty casual. [1]

@ALL

Alright, I guess if it was discussed and argued for a long while, and finally decided on, I'll stop arguing, I still disagree with this scaling to everyone, but that isn't my call, so I'll just say, let everything remain the same

Back