• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tanya Degurechaff and those scaling revisions (Youjo Senki)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DontTalkDT

A Fossil at This Point
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Bronze Supporter
Speed check / possible downgrade

I have a few doubts about her speed stat.

Her moving through gunfire without getting hit doesn't mean a lot, as she employs illusion decoys and aim dodging to not get hit.

She also doesn't really escape the explosion that is shown. The explosion quite simply happens behind her.

Additionally there are two things that contradict such a speed stat:

1. The max speed of normal mages seems to be 250 knots (about Mach 0.37). While Tanya's Wing with its new equipment can reach higher speed she doesn't outclass the speed of normal flight mages to such an extent.
  2. When they break through the enemy lines with a rocket it is suggested that with Mach 1.5 they are too fast to be shot down and the scientist states that with that they are the first humans to break the sound barrier.
All in all I would suggest changing it to "At least Subsonic".

Range increase
She shot an enemy command post from 20km distance.

Space distortion clarificatio
It has been noted that her interference spells distort space (and I think her explosion spell as well), but it should be further specified that, as far as we know, the space distortion has no function. Or in other words it doesn't do any damage.

Telekinesis?
Not quite sure where she demonstrated that. Could be that I just missed it, though.

Ability additions

Illusion Creation
Should replace decoy creation.

Magical Blades

Magical senses

Pain Inducement

Tanya22

I think that this seems to make sense, but I would recommend checking under Youjo Senki in the Knowledgeable Members List for people to ask to comment here. You can also check under supporters and neutral in the verse page.

I support this entirely. Also I'm sure that the telekinesis came from a very early feat when she was younger. Not her usual go-to ability but it's recognizable.

Well, DontTalk is reliable, so I think that this is probably fine to apply.

When DontTalk finds the time I suppose.

You can politely remind him about this thread via his message wall if you wish.

Thanks. Should we close this thread then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back