• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Light Manipulation for Tanya + Lightspeed Attacks, also healing

DontTalkDT

A Fossil at This Point
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Bronze Supporter
So, reread volume 1. The addition I want to make is that Tanya can fire beams of infrared light.

The captain, still grinning hurled me and all of her other subordinates into a pit of despair.
"You wouldn't want them to feel left out, would you? I think you should play with the artillery."
She immediately shot an infrared beam using a formula.
A training round flow down the line of fire, straight for us. An attack of the artillery against our assembly point.
(From Volume 1: General Staff Headquarters)

Interesting to consider is that there are the typical "Optical Formulas", which mages use to fire what is referred to as "straight heat beams". I would like opinions on whether thos could be considered light, given the ability to fire infrared light now being established and being called "optical" in particular.
Don't think that would upgrade combat speed for anyone yet, but would be interesting to have in case a feat comes around.

She would in any case have lightspeed attack speed via infrared light beams (and optical formulas, if we decide that those are of the same nature).

Aside from that, I did some wiki browsing and Tanya should get some low degree from healing based on volume 2:
So those potatoes really were rotten after all. Tanya puts away her
pen, irritated by the worsening logistics situation.

Sending a letter to the family when something happens to a
subordinate is the superior officer’s responsibility, and I’m not
against writing…but food poisoning from potatoes? Tanya has
finished the letter, but she has complicated feelings about the incident
and can’t get over it.

He had eaten, participated in a night raid, and shocked me upon
our return by throwing up and complaining of an awful stomachache.
I was dumbfounded. A veteran writhing about like that, I was sure he
had to have been hit by an NBC weapon. Those work even on mages. I
hurriedly cast a medical formula, but it only eased the pain. Protective
films provide comprehensive NBC coverage, and I remember we were
on the verge of panicking that some new weapon not on that list had
been developed.

Last edited:
I agree. Actually started to read V1 myself. Might work on some profile reworks in the near future. That or Demon King Daimaou character profile reworks, but yeah. Looks solid.

Back