• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tanjirou (post breath of the sun mastery+demon slayer mark) vs killua(post nen training)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Massively Hypersonic+ (Can keep up with Akaza), higher with Demon Slayer Mark (Faster than before), higher with See-Through World

The Muzan fight key is basically the same but much stronger.

I believe Tanjiro has better stamina feats.

None of those "aura" feats even compare to Ren and it isn't even aura to equalize to HxH to begin with. First of all their aura only induces fear and makes it hard to breath. This doesn't deal with death after prolonged exposure or madness through destroying the mind. [1] Which none of KnY aura do. Killua can bypass defences to aura as well as seen with Rammot who had Ten which should render most Ren effects moot. It doesn't matter if he was a weak Nen user what matters is he had Ten. So Tanjirou would resist Ren to an extent. After prolonged exposure he would die or go insane. This is the only thing not making it a stomp.

Tanjirou's ability would work on Killua without using Nen to amp his senses with Gyo and would definitely not work if Killua simply uses En. Regardless his instinctive reaction would kick in as soon as his aura is touched. In fact even this point is arguable because Binolt, who was using Zetsu, was unable to sneak up on a SLEEPING Gon and Killua (They only slept half a day to let Binolt gain his strength back).

Killua can end the fight by paralysing Tanjirou and killing him before he uses any of his top tier sword techniques which he doesn't use at the start in character whilst paralysis through lightning is very much in character for Killua to do at the start especially in Godspeed. You're right about Killua's time limit but it doesn't really matter. Killua also gets amps by going into assassin mode too which makes him more likely to end the fight and would make his aura even harder for Tanjirou to handle. I don't see how Tanjirou has better stamina overall. Killua's torture when he was younger should be beyond anything Tanjirou has done too. You guys are forgetting Gon and Killua fought Benolt for two weeks straight doing nothing else then digging for 70 miles all the while using Nen, they weren't even tired either. And "dance forever" is obviously not true.

It is explicitly stated that characters have "aura" (or "presence", depending on the translation), and characters have been visualized to have aura. So yes, verse equalization with aura apply.

In front of fear aura, Genya was barely able to stand due to him losing strength in his limbs, along with having trouble breathing; that is paralysis. Muzan's aura also caused the lower moons to collapse kneeling and caused Akaza to bleed from his eyes/nose/mouth. If the main effects of Ren are shrugged off, then long-term effects are resisted as well. "Prolonged" was never defined either in HxH to my knowledge, is it days? Hours?

Akaza was amping his senses with his Blood Demon Art (KnY characters can passively sense aura/presence without special detection techniques) and he failed to detect Tanjiro through his battle spirit (visualized as aura, which even infants have), and even Akaza's normal senses in general were in chaos while observing Tanjiro when he is using the See-Through World. Killua programs his aura to send electric signals in response to threats, but Tanjiro won't register as a threat instinctively. Akaza's detection range is larger than Killua's En which wouldn't work anyway, not to mention that Killua is not accustomed to using it in battle and it is considered a draining technique.

Speed is equalized at the beginning, and Tanjiro has precog (He can smell incoming threats, smell Killua's emotions, and sense Killua's intent) without his speed amps. Killua is very unlikely to hit Tanjiro before he starts going and blitz. Don't think Killua can simultaneously use Assassin Mode (which provides negligable amps compared to Tanjiro) and his lightning form, but the killing intent would make Tanjiro's precog even better. If Killua gets out of his lightning form, he is stomped in front of Tanjiro's amps, so 'overall stamina' is not as relevant for Killua. Being able to "dance forever" by performing the forms correctly is a plot point, so it isn't like it was a throw-off statement that got mentioned once.

If a few effects of Ren are resisted that doesn't correlate to anything else so he's still susceptible to Madness and Death. Madness targets the mind directly as shown above and it "destroys" it. "Prolonged" is "now" according to Wing. He immediately stopped them. It can't be hours or days. Especially since malicious aura attacks are explicitly fatal in any immediate instance. This is still a threat to Tanjiro and will hinder him.

Nen Users can also passively sense their surroundings and amplify them with Nen. Which is what Akuza does. He doesn't extend any aura he just has that base awareness. This "hiding of presence" is literally identical to Zetsu and it countered Akaza's compass. En counters Zetsu. Also Tanjiro was way faster than Akaza at that point in the fight. Even without En, Killua can sense Binolt who used Zetsu without it. So Tanjiro will be registered as a threat by his aura. Killua has used En casually against Chimera Ants in battle. He doesn't even need limited En specifically. If Tanjirou just touches his aura, he'll be able to sense it and react. Killua will react instantly if he is touched (as seen with the fish dart), if his aura is touched which Zetsu users cannot bypass no matter how top tier the Zetsu, or if anyone steps in a preprogrammed diameter.

Tanjiro never uses his best techniques at the start so he definitely won't amp speed before Killua ends up paralysing him and killing him. Killua's preprogrammed attacks will definitely end up hitting Tanjiro regardless of precog because even with it Tanjiro is always susceptible to attacks it isn't passive either. Tanjiro's amps don't matter because he will get killed way before he gets the chance to use them. If Killua can paralyse a Low 7-C then it's over as soon as Tanjiro gets hit once. "Dance forover" is still just not true at all regardless. It definitely isn't literal. So basically Tanjiro has to survive whilst Killua is already amped with Whirlwind. Then he will just get hit with lightning and decapitated. If Tanjiro just starts off with random amps then it's arguable.

Um..no if muzan has stronger fear hax and tanjirou had repeated exposure to it for hours their is no reason to assume that can't happen with nen

That's an exaggeration. Killua is pale white skinned...so? Demons have grey skin, fangs, different eye patterns, a distinct smell and a distinct aura. Regardless of whether he can manipulate his bone structure, which humans in KnY can also do. He wouldn't assume Killua is a demon based on aura when he has none of the main features.

I mean if it's bloodlusted, Tanjiro stomps with speed amps I think. If he can amp his base to a point where people of comparable speed are in slow motion. Killua doesn't really have amps Godspeed IS his speed amp, going from being slower to blitzing with it. Besides that there's assassin mode and whirlwind. I don't think either are significant enough though although whirlwind apparently "goes beyond his physical potential and limits" so no matter how fast base Killua gets whirlwind will be faster but it isn't quantifiable enough.

Like this it's more fair.

depend how cruel killua or tanjirou is feeling in that moment tanjirou would be incapable of feeling anything and might just focus on killing killua

i can't argue with that because even tho tanjirou was hit with fear hax that is far above killua's everyone still likes to bring up that tanjirou can't resist nen. i disagree but okay i guess that gives killua the win.

What makes you think it's superior? I have asked for the evidence of what hax is superior and nobody did so, so we assume both sides have a basic hax/resistance level.

It's not superior, I believe it's on the same level + madness hax in some cases. Muzan's aura just causes more damage but has the same level of fear and paralysis.

What's even the potency of both sides? I remember Hisoka affecting Gon and Killua at the same time, but I think there were other cases where more people was affected.

The only real limiter is the range I believe, if you don't have Ten as a defence. It's also selective in some cases and there are a couple of effects of Ren which Tanjiro will succumb to after a time.

Killua's best Ren feat is causing Rammot to be paralyse and hallucinate even though he has Ten. The best Ren feat would probably be Palm, a veteran Nen user, being forced into insanity by Pouf's approach even with Ten.

I don't think I have to remind Knov was using Zetsu so he had no aura to protect himself from the malice in Pouf's aura

well killua and gon have been exposed to much more fear hax(killua much more than gon). but the only person with fear hax that is on that level is muzan and tanjirou had been fighting him for hours. for attack speed walts is better than godspeed.

killua has better strength feats.

tanjirou has precog.

breath of water counters killua's range.

killua has much more expreince.

tanjirou had better training.

killua has better tolorance for pain.

I don't believe that matter because Zetsu doesn't make an aura look scarier. It just leaves them defenceless against aura, but it didn't touch him. So it doesn't make a difference.

It really depends, Hisoka could only frighten Killua and Gon, so could Illumi and Wing, as Wing said it depends on your will

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back