• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tanjirou Kamado VS Wayne (Hylics) (GRACE)

basically consuming a warm burrito can regenerate all of his organs and flesh from a mere skeleton

Doesn't Tanjiro's Regen Negation only work on Demons since it uses the power of the sun to prevent them from regenerating from their wounds

well his immortality seems to work AFTER he dies, he sent back to afterlife and then he will come back in life in a different place so it should be combat applicable

He's still not dead though so that's just a BFR, meaning he has a week to get back to Tanjiro according to SBA

Tanjiro has three types of regeneration negation:
  1. Nichirin blade: Made from metal that absorbs sunlight, and lethal to demons if it cuts their weak spot in their neck.
  2. Breath of the Sun: Creates painful burning sensation, and negates the regeneration of all but the top 4 demons.
  3. Red Nichirin blade: The blade generates real heat and creates burning wounds that negates the regeneration of all demon (for the top demon it only slows his regen rather than outright stop it). The most powerful user creates burning wounds on the cellular level that will keep continuing to burn for potentially hundreds of years, and stops the regen of the top demon.
There are no anti-feats for #2 to only work on demons, and #3 will definitely work on non-demons.
From what I understand, Wayne doesn't spawn in the Afterlife fully healed, so the regeneration negation will give him an accumulating handicap.

Also, Demon Slayers sometimes face demons with various gimmicks that allows them to survive being beheaded, and they'll need to figure it out. So all Tanjiro would need is to track the juice fountain Wayne spawns from and destroy it, and he can find it via. smelling.

Win is via. first death per first post (I think the rule was edited in?), but Tanjiro can win even with Wayne's immortality. Tanjiro also has the stamina to train for a week without sleep or food, and almost no water, so a battle of attrition wouldn't be effective.

Wait where the hell is that come from, did i miss something when i read the manga??
gjnPjrP.png
Dv0TdkM.png

Wait slow the heck down, Wayne doesn't need a juice fountain. He can just spawn back in the place where he was killed. And you guys have been completely ignoring the fact that Wayne's loaded with gesture-based instawin conditions, this ain't a battle of attrition if Wayne can just pop a Hypno Sigils any time and be done with it.

Also I'm unsure if you're able to restrict resurrection as an ability, I dunno if the match can be added this way. Either way I kinda fail to see what prevents Wayne from just using any Deconstruction or Paralysis-inducing attack. Also while Tanjirou does resist sleep if he needs to kill himself in his dream to break out of it that's probably enough time for Wayne to land a finishing blow.

Last edited:
well in the mugen train arc Tanjirou kill himself in his dream and came back in reality in a second or less it seems

Ah, I see. Then I suppose that's useless. Still, there's plenty of wincons before Tanjirou knocks him out, especially since Wayne has healing and stat amps, on top of having a slight AP advantage.

Well, this is a walkthrough of Hylics 2 with a death at timestamp 34:40

From what I see, it is wake up in the Afterlife, select a destination, then respawn at a juice fountain.

Tanjiro fought someone who spammed a sleep spell, and Tanjiro repeatedly recognized he is sleeping and woke up so quickly that his opponent initially thought that Tanjiro was immune to sleeping.

Tanjiro has danger sense, and multiple precogs with at least one of them is proven to allow him to keep up with enemies fast enough to blitz him normally. Tanjiro also has reactive power levels as it was noted that his speed improves during fights, and Tanjiro's regeneration negation cancels healing. This makes Wayne at a severe disadvantage in combat.

Not to mention Tanjiro's fear/paralysis aura, which Wayne can't defend against without gestures.

Well, this is a walkthrough of Hylics 2 with a death at timestamp 34:40

From what I see, it is wake up in the Afterlife, select a destination, then respawn at a juice fountain.

Ok I thought that was added in a later update but apparently I might have just made it up, either way Wayne can teleport to set locations with a crystal, which he can use to get to his airship, which he can use to fly back to the battle scene
Tanjiro fought someone who spammed a sleep spell, and Tanjiro repeatedly recognized he is sleeping and woke up so quickly that his opponent initially thought that Tanjiro was immune to sleeping.
Fair enough but there's still deconstruction.
Tanjiro has danger sense, and multiple precogs with at least one of them is proven to allow him to keep up with enemies fast enough to blitz him normally. Tanjiro also has reactive power levels as it was noted that his speed improves during fights, and Tanjiro's regeneration negation cancels healing. This makes Wayne at a severe disadvantage in combat.
Some of his hax is instant. He makes the gesture, some glyphs appear on the opponent, and then the effect happens. No dodging that. Wayne flicks his hands and Tanjiro melts.
Not to mention Tanjiro's fear/paralysis aura, which Wayne can't defend against without gestures.
If that's passive then Tanjiro kills him, then in the Afterlife Wayne takes a quick bath, which temporarily protects him from status ailments, to defend himself against that.

Last edited:
Ok I thought that was added in a later update but apparently I might have just made it up, either way Wayne can teleport to set locations with a crystal, which he can use to get to his airship, which he can use to fly back to the battle scene
The SBA location is in Central Park, so using the crystal is self-BFR into an other dimension/universe that the airship can't fly into.

Fair enough but there's still deconstruction.
It is stated to be slow, and the bodies of Demon Slayers are capable of withstanding Muzan's blood which causes rapid cellular destruction.

So Tanjiro tanks and gets motivated to kill Wayne faster (if he isn't motivated by his danger sense already).

Some of his hax is instant. He makes the gesture, some glyphs appear, and then the effect happens. No dodging that. Wayne flicks his hands and Tanjiro melts.
Instant effect, not instant kill or instant melting. Tanjiro is tactical and will immediately go for interrupting any further attempts to make gestures.
He can blitz by activating his Transparent World amp (enhanced precog by analyzing his opponent's body, and enhanced speed to the point that an opponent capable of blitzing him appears to move in slow motion), or increase his speed using Waltz Flash.

If that's passive then Tanjiro kills him, then in the Afterlife Wayne takes a quick bath, which temporarily protects him from status ailments, to defend himself against that.
It is questionable whether Wayne can recover from the red blade regeneration negation; Muzan wasn't able to despite his ability to shapeshift and split his body. If Tanjiro kills him a second time, he'll be able to easily track down the juice fountain and destroy it.

Last edited:
The SBA location is in Central Park, so using the crystal is self-BFR into an other dimension/universe that the airship can't fly into.
Verse equalization states that it's in the same world.
It is stated to be slow, and the bodies of Demon Slayers are capable of withstanding Muzan's blood which causes rapid cellular destruction.

So Tanjiro tanks and gets motivated to kill Wayne faster (if he isn't motivated by his danger sense already).

It still lowers attack tho, so not really.
Instant effect, not instant kill or instant melting. Tanjiro is tactical and will immediately go for interrupting any further attempts to make gestures.
He can blitz by activating his Transparent World amp (enhanced precog by analyzing his opponent's body, and enhanced speed to the point that an opponent capable of blitzing him appears to move in slow motion), or increase his speed using Waltz Flash.
Blitzing through amps isn't allowed against faster opponents and Wayne is Sub-Rel. And precog means nothing if the attack just automatically happens, which most Hylics moves do. Even if deconstruction doesn't work, Wayne can still just Snap (basic attack, instant) over and over and Tanjirou has no means of avoiding that.

the last thing, Tanjirou can use the see through world to slow his perception of time

That's cool and all but I still fail to see how that lets him avoid Wayne's virtually unavoidable attacks. It's like dodging telekinesis, impossible.

Also I would mention that I don't see any kind of resistance on his profile, so I won't really count this without a CRT since I don't know the context

I wanna ask, does regen neg only work on people that has a weakness to sunlight, like how hamon works?

Apparently there's three types of regen neg, one of which that doesn't work on only demons apparently but I'm not so sure personally.

But I think I'll vote Hylics for Armorchompy's reasons

Apparently there's three types of regen neg, one of which that doesn't work on only demons apparently but I'm not so sure personally.
Actually no, i remember there is no feat of it neg regen of other being/creature, there are three type which just different in effectiveness against demon in-universe, we never actually see how it come out against other being, unless i'm missing something

I mean the issue is, amplifying precognition will allow Tanjirou to beat Wayne in close combat, but Wayne's incredibly agile and fights by throwing attacks, a lot of which are hitscan, while retreating, so while I'm not saying he doesn't get hurt here, Tanjirou should take a lot more blows than him. And of course amping speed is forbidden unless it's a very weak amp.

Back