• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tanjirou Kamado VS Wayne (Hylics) (GRACE)

Verse equalization states that it's in the same world.
Verse equalization is for energy. However the location is set by SBA:
Location: Central Park, New York City. The location can be left during the course of battle. If extreme advantages are generated via this location to one side, a balanced alternative should be discussed in the thread.
It still lowers attack tho, so not really.
If Tanjiro gets in range to attack, Wayne won't be in position to make gestures. Especially with Tanjiro's clarivoyance guiding him to deal decisive blows and to his opponent's weakness, his danger sense, and his precog.
Blitzing through amps isn't allowed against faster opponents and Wayne is Sub-Rel. And precog means nothing if the attack just automatically happens, which most Hylics moves do. Even if deconstruction doesn't work, Wayne can still just Snap (basic attack, instant) over and over and Tanjirou has no means of avoiding that.
Possibly Sub-Rel. And only not allowed if the amp is the primary reason for winning, which I don't claim; Tanjiro can tank with his pain tolerance, and if needed use speed amp to close the gap; that is if Tanjiro doesn't sense Wayne's approach and sneak up on him. To my knowledge, Snap doesn't cause stun and making the gestures takes time.
Also I would mention that I don't see any kind of resistance on his profile, so I won't really count this without a CRT since I don't know the context
The profile is currently a mess but it mentions that he withstood multiple of Muzan's attacks. The resistance is something agreed upon in the current KnY CRT.

Actually no, i remember there is no feat of it neg regen of other being/creature, there are three type which just different in effectiveness against demon in-universe, we never actually see how it come out against other being, unless i'm missing something
If there were other beings creatures with regen there would be a point, but only the first type works via. sunlight and is stated to exploit the weakness of in-universe demons. The second type is basicly mystical magic.
The third type produces physical heat and would logically cause physical burning wounds.

Last edited:
Verse equalization is for energy. However the location is set by SBA:
Location: Central Park, New York City. The location can be left during the course of battle. If extreme advantages are generated via this location to one side, a balanced alternative should be discussed in the thread.
Well, I'd argue this is a pretty damn big advantage, since any location in Hylics does not actively disadvantage Tanjiro it should be changed.
If Tanjiro gets in range to attack, Wayne won't be in position to make gestures. Especially with Tanjiro's clarivoyance guiding him to deal decisive blows and to his opponent's weakness, his danger sense, and his precog.

Possibly Sub-Rel. And only not allowed if the amp is the primary reason for winning, which I don't claim; Tanjiro can tank with his pain tolerance, and if needed use speed amp to close the gap; that is if Tanjiro doesn't sense Wayne's approach and sneak up on him. To my knowledge, Snap doesn't cause stun and making the gestures takes time.
I don't think Tanjiro wins without it at all, though. Snap doesn't take any time, it's exactly what it sounds like, Wayne snaps his finger and his opponent takes damage. More powerful gestures do take a second or two, but even then it's pretty short. And yes, Tanjiro would win if he got in, but Wayne has no reason to allow that and would inflict way more damage by the time he does, especially since he has his own stat amps (which include hardening his body, so blades would have a relatively harder time dealing damage) and slightly higher AP (not only is he not upscaling from 8-B characters, but the feat he scales from is done with the dying breath of a dude he beat, so he upscales). I get Tanjirou has animeboy stamina but no matter how much stamina you are eventually attacks are just going to kill you.

Wayne himself also has Accelerated Development to keep up with Tanjirou's RPL or whatever it was, especially since the first fight's gonna be ended by fearhax which gives Wayne an opportunity to grow in power, while Tanjiro won't.
The profile is currently a mess but it mentions that he withstood multiple of Muzan's attacks. The resistance is something agreed upon in the current KnY CRT.
Fair enough

Last edited:
Wayne because Tanjiro's regen neg only works at beings having weakness to sunlight, which Wayne doesn't have.

counted, hower just to clarify The third type produces physical heat and would logically cause physical burning wounds.

I mean, burning isn't that impactful when the items regen you from your flesh being completely melted.

Actually, it was said Tanjirou could destroy the fountain, but thinking about it, how would he even do that? He can destroy the button that activates them but it's a well, you can't really destroy that so easily, and that's the part that really matters. He also has to find the fountain, which is not guaranteed, at least at first, so odds are Wayne has way more than three tries.

Well, I'd argue this is a pretty damn big advantage, since any location in Hylics does not actively disadvantage Tanjiro it should be changed.
Tanjiro doesn't get an inherent advantage from fighting in Central Park. Wayne gets a big advantage from fighting in his home world with multiple portals and resources he can access.
I don't think Tanjiro wins without it at all, though. Snap doesn't take any time, it's exactly what it sounds like, Wayne snaps his finger and his opponent takes damage. More powerful gestures do take a second or two, but even then it's pretty short. And yes, Tanjiro would win if he got in, but Wayne has no reason to allow that and would inflict way more damage by the time he does, especially since he has his own stat amps (which include hardening his body, so blades would have a relatively harder time dealing damage) and slightly higher AP (not only is he not upscaling from 8-B characters, but the feat he scales from is done with the dying breath of a dude he beat, so he upscales). I get Tanjirou has animeboy stamina but no matter how much stamina you are eventually attacks are just going to kill you.

Wayne himself also has Accelerated Development to keep up with Tanjirou's RPL or whatever it was, especially since the first fight's gonna be ended by fearhax which gives Wayne an opportunity to grow in power, while Tanjiro won't.
Snap will require a one-shot or stunlock to be reliable; Tanjiro fought even harder with wounds multiple characters stated that they should make Tanjiro incapable of moving, to the point that a demon questioned "Isn't he human?". So yeah, Tanjiro is deep into animeboy stamina, and Wayne will require more than generic physical damage.

Farming for things that increases Wayne's stats would be Outside Influence.

I mean, burning isn't that impactful when the items regen you from your flesh being completely melted.
They are not conventional burns that out DPS Muzan's healing; they are regeneration negation burns. Otherwise, it also doesn't make sense for Muzan to still have these wounds, but he does. He can split a small part of his flesh and create a new body out of it, but the burning wounds will still persist.

Actually, it was said Tanjirou could destroy the fountain, but thinking about it, how would he even do that? He can destroy the button that activates them but it's a well, you can't really destroy that so easily, and that's the part that really matters. He also has to find the fountain, which is not guaranteed, at least at first, so odds are Wayne has way more than three tries.
Tanjiro's clairvoyance should guide him to the best way to destroy it, but he can destroy the container for the liquid with brute force or using nearby objects (such as trees) to bury the fountain.

Tanjiro, investigating why the weird demonoid have returned, tracks where he came from using his powerful sense of smell, and he smells the juice and follows it.
Beginning of series, before any training, he is able to identify the location of traps within a mountain with almost non-existant air (like a demon was bragging his pocket dimension has almost no air and that Tanjiro must be in pain, but Tanjiro was like 'the air in the mountain I trained in was even thinner').
Tanjiro_uses_his_sense_of_smell_to_find_the_bobby_traps.gif

His senses became much sharper.

It is not that Wayne will catch Tanjiro in an ambush; Tanjiro should be able to sense Wayne has returned before Wayne finds him, and it is in-character for Tanjiro to kill demons without delay (early in the series he attempted to interrogate multiple demons and failed to get answers, so he won't bother).

Tanjiro doesn't get an inherent advantage from fighting in Central Park. Wayne gets a big advantage from fighting in his home world with multiple portals and resources he can access.
It's merely one airship, everything else, as you yourself said, is outside influence, so it wouldn't come into play at all. This simply allows both characters to fight at the best of their abilities.
Snap will require a one-shot or stunlock to be reliable; Tanjiro fought even harder with wounds multiple characters stated that they should make Tanjiro incapable of moving, to the point that a demon questioned "Isn't he human?". So yeah, Tanjiro is deep into animeboy stamina, and Wayne will require more than generic physical damage.
If Wayne can keep going, eventually he'll die- it may take a lot of time, but that'll happen. Still, Wayne can speed it up with poison and stronger attacks. I would also like to mention Time Sigil, while its ultimate effect it to make you fall asleep, which is useless, it slows you down in time before that. Also, there's Legend of Melting, it strikes FAR harder than Wayne's normal attack, multiple times, and inflicts paralysis.
Farming for things that increases Wayne's stats would be Outside Influence.
He doesn't, he just grows in power like that. In skill as well, though that's a bit more vague.
They are not conventional burns that out DPS Muzan's healing; they are regeneration negation burns. Otherwise, it also doesn't make sense for Muzan to still have these wounds, but he does. He can split a small part of his flesh and create a new body out of it, but the burning wounds will still persist.
Wayne can negate status effects with several moves, so he can remove that effect, especially since there's a status effect that's basically the same- power negating (duplication) burns. In fact, due to the bath, he starts out that way.
Tanjiro's clairvoyance should guide him to the best way to destroy it, but he can destroy the container for the liquid with brute force or using nearby objects (such as trees) to bury the fountain.

Tanjiro, investigating why the weird demonoid have returned, tracks where he came from using his powerful sense of smell, and he smells the juice and follows it.
Beginning of series, before any training, he is able to identify the location of traps within a mountain with almost non-existant air (like a demon was bragging his pocket dimension has almost no air and that Tanjiro must be in pain, but Tanjiro was like 'the air in the mountain I trained in was even thinner').
Tanjiro_uses_his_sense_of_smell_to_find_the_bobby_traps.gif

His senses became much sharper.

It is not that Wayne will catch Tanjiro in an ambush; Tanjiro should be able to sense Wayne has returned before Wayne finds him, and it is in-character for Tanjiro to kill demons without delay (early in the series he attempted to interrogate multiple demons and failed to get answers, so he won't bother).
Fair enough, but "killing without delay" isn't really an advantage- Wayne's usually fairly serious about fighting, from what little we can tell.

Popted, I think you should have the final word in the location of the fight, would you rather keep it in Central Park or put it in Hylics' word?

thank you Armorchompy

i will chose Central Park for the location of the fight.

Interesting.

Just confirming OP, what's the starting distance?

**** Wayne I guess, I was gonna vote him but 5m favors Tanjirou way, way more. I guess Tanjirou, though if the range was more I'd vote Wayne.

You're putting them basically in melee range of each other, you restricted the access to his airship and you were even trying to completely prevent Wayne from resurrecting by dictating the fight would end with the first death. It's not quite an unfair situation but it's pretty blatant there's some bias here.

Yeah this is pretty skewed against Hylics ngl, unfortunately you can't restrict abilities so Hylics still has his immortality thankfully.

Thanks, that said I just realized range doesn't matter, since the first fight will end in a stomp by Tanjiro, and then Wayne will respawn at the fountain.

By the way I would like to apologize if that accusation was too aggressive, it was not my intention for it to come off that way.

no no its ok sometimes i seems aggressive and without patience too but i don't want to sound like that, really don't worry

also i'm sorry too

Last edited:
I would like to give a reminder that Wayne has a slight AP advantage which will become a huge AP advantage due to AD (and if he loses AD will kick in AGAIN), attacks that are completely impossible to dodge, superior range, two tries, stat amps and some unresisted hax. I fail to see what Tanjiro has that is enough to combat this.

I would like to give a reminder that Wayne has a slight AP advantage which will become a huge AP advantage due to AD (and if he loses AD will kick in AGAIN), attacks that are completely impossible to dodge, superior range, two tries, stat amps and some unresisted hax. I fail to see what Tanjiro has that is enough to combat this.
High-Mid regen neg.

Seriously? Wayne doesn't even passively regenerate, he uses an item for that, and the same effect that prevents Tanjiro's fearhax will also negate that effect. So regen negation is completely useless. But even if that wasn't the case that's one thing, and Tanjiro has to actually land hits for it to come into play.

Seriously? Wayne doesn't even passively regenerate, he uses an item for that, and the same effect that prevents Tanjiro's fearhax will also negate that effect. So regen negation is completely useless. But even if that wasn't the case that's one thing, and Tanjiro has to actually land hits for it to come into play.
Can't like Clairvoyance and Precog help Tanjiro destroy the item that Wayne uses to heal? Idk with the content of Hylics.

Uh, items as in, consumable items he carries. He's got several kinds, and multiple of each. He can also heal with his own abilities too, and that also hardens his body and makes him tougher. So, not really.

Uh, items as in, consumable items he carries. He's got several kinds, and multiple of each. He can also heal with his own abilities too, and that also hardens his body and makes him tougher. So, not really.
Precog prevents Wayne to use the items.

... No? There's nothing precog will do if Wayne just keeps staying out of range and pelting Tanjiro with superior, undodgeable attacks. You know, your whole counterargument is based on the assumption that Tanjiro will even be able to significantly hurt Wayne, but between the serious AP disadvantage at the beginning of the fight and the sheer advantage in range that Wayne will have due to respawning, I don't think he will. He doesn't need those items, they're just yet another huge advantage.

Last edited:
I'm just going to put Wayne and Tanjiro's advantages side by side.

Tanjiro
  • Passive fearhax means Wayne will have to reapply his status negation abilities every once in a while
  • Precognition and superior skill will let him shred in close combat
  • Far superior stamina
  • Reactive Power level allows him to eventually get back to Wayne's AD level if the fight drags on.
Wayne
  • Poison and Paralysis are not resisted by Tanjiro
  • After getting haxstomped by fear manip, Wayne will have two tries, with some knowledge on Tanjiro's abilities
    • His Accelerated Development will significantly increase his statistics both times he loses.
  • Can negate all of Tanjiro's hax with moves like Mystic Meat, and will start out both fights negating it due to the effects of a bath.
    • This prevents regeneration negation as well.
  • His gestures have far longer range, and several of them will instantly hit Tanjiro, negating the biggest advantage of precognition.
  • One of his strongest moves not only deals far more damage than his normal attacks but also inflicts paralysis, and it also happens to be one of those instant-hit attacks.
  • Superior speed prevents a speed blitz via amping by Tanjiro
  • Has several ways to heal, and several of them raise his defense as well. This healing is potent enough to restore grievous wounds, thus forcing Tanjiro to land a killing blow, which is difficult with the AP difference.
  • Has several stat amps, both offensive and defensive.
  • Can hover and fly in a set direction really rapidly, thus allowing him to keep his range advantage as long as possible.
I might have missed something for Tanjiro but as it is I completely fail to see how he is at any advantage here.

Last edited:
Actually, I don't think the AP gap is that severe

Muzan is immensely superior to people who do 70 ton feats while weakened while Wayne...

Wait, is Wayne's AP justification scaling him to be vastly superior to his durability because he can defeat random encounters, who can in turn harm them?

That's kinda circular scaling.

Either way there are plenty of abilities Tanjiro doesn't have an answer for in turn and I don't really know Hylics, I just wanted to stop by and say that

Actually, I don't think the AP gap is that severe

Muzan is immensely superior to people who do 70 ton feats while weakened while Wayne...

Wait, is Wayne's AP justification scaling him to be vastly superior to his durability because he can defeat random encounters, who can in turn harm them?

That's kinda circular scaling.

Either way there are plenty of abilities Tanjiro doesn't have an answer for in turn and I don't really know Hylics, I just wanted to stop by and say that
The idea is he can hurt far stronger enemies than those who hurt him, though I don't really agree with that. That said the reason the AP gap is big imo is because Wayne's AD (which took him from getting literally melted by the villain to fighting with him equally in ten minutes or so, despite that villain also growing in power an unspecified amount in the meantime) will kick in if he dies, and a second time if he dies again, and because the AP feat came from a character's dying breath, thus his normal attacks would likely be stronger.

I mean if it's really a matter of both vastly upscaling it's still only a 2x gap, which isn't that major.

Back