• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Even in game, it wasn't just some super high knockback. They were just treated as blast zones themselves, if you played on a high enough difficulty.

So in a way, transmutation? And during the boss fight I was watching, it seems by a simple dodge you can avoid it...Am I right?

Btw, I'm not voting yet. Just pointing some stuff out that don't make sense to me.

A character dying turns them into trophy automatically. So it's really just a strong attack.

And while it can be dodge, it's a huge wave, so it's not exactly easy to dodge.

I believe they both scale to stomping baseline Low 2-Cs.

Tabuu has Possession and Duplication + if his Off-Waves are legit OHK then he wins via that.

I don't think Master Hand is baseline iirc.

But if it is, then uh, ok. But my vote goes to Tabuu FRA via The Thanos omnidirectional rings.

The Off-Waves are indeed an OHKO move. According to the Wiki on the Off-Waves:

"It is a One-Hit KO and can only be avoided by rolling or sidestepping."

So, the Off-Waves are a One-Hit Kill, and as such, if Sonic gets hit by the Off-Waves, he's dead.

The Off Waves work in gameplay by dealing enough knockback that on higher difficulties (anything above Easy) you'll automatically be launched into a Blast Zone regardless of your percentage. It's strength is dependent on the difficulty, the mode and whether one or two players are present. It's dodgable, blockable (with precise timing) and even survivable on higher difficulties under the arena with enough skill and timing.

This is most likely irrelevant however, since the description of the attack at full power from Winged Tabuu's trophy description, that "the dreadful energy surges from these wings instantly turn all fighters back into trophies", would suggest that the attack was weakened after Sonic shattered Tabuu's wings. The effect of the Off Waves is clearly far greater during the cutscene than during the boss fight.

Back