• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sword Art Online - Ratings?

Thebluedash

VS Battles
Joke Battles
Retired
There are no legitmate justifications for their stats. Dodging bullets, even bullets from machine guns aren't always 100% Hypersonic. (Heck, I calculated a feat for a character named Genji where he slices bullets from machine guns in a 90 degree slice and BARELY got hypersonic). Building level stats for the characters also require justifications.

I have been wondering why these profiles are the way they are as well. If someone could give justifications for Building Level and other stats I'd greatly appreciate it also.

Building level might be because of the giant creature he defeated (with tons of help) in the original SAO, and Heathcliff is supposed to be stronger. He defeated Heathcliff on his own. I don't have an explanation for the speed onces. Heck, the feat I mentioned could be as low as wall for all I know, so I don't see why they are where they are.

So should something like (Singlehandedly defeated Heathcliff, who was stronger than building sized monsters) be alright then?

Alright then. We should also wait until SomebodyData takes notice of this thread. I believe he is quite knowledgable on Sword Art Online.

Well, if there are no justifications for the statistics, somebody either needs to insert some, or adjust said statistics to unknown ratings.

NotEvenHuman said:
Kirito didn't really beat Heathcliff though? He got his ass kicked both times they fought.
He would've won the first bout had Heathcliff not used the system to boost his shield to speeds above their own reflexes.

Anyways, justification for speed I suppose. Though Sword Skills raise attack speed by quite a bit, they're still within human (SAO-wise) capacity to do without, and Flashing Penetrator, a charging-in rapier skill that is described as fast enough to make a sonic boom. Nobody really uses it in 1v1 combat due to requiring the user to sprint. It is available to use in Aincrad, New Alfheim and Underworld. (Vol. 1 Chapter 19)

For offensive power, Kirito swatted an anti-material rifle bullet and blocked a swing from Gleam Eyes who is the height of a small building with two swords at a stupidly awkward way of doing so, and pushed it back.

I'll post more later, gotta reread the books as I don't trust the anime for anything more than GIFs.

@Gemmy I know, but didn't Heathcliff himself say that he wasn't serious/ underestimating Kirito in their first fight?

Everything else seems fine, i guess.

Heathcliff vs Kirito Round 1 (Vol. 1 Chapter 13)

Kirito and Heathcliff stood 10 meters apart at the start of the fight

Double Circular is a 2-hit dash-in type skill under the Unique Skill, Dual Blades.

Heathcliff blocked the first hit with his shield and the other deflected with his sword.

Heathcliff has a Sword Skill with his shield, some sort of Shield Bash where he uses the bottom of it as a battering ram. It flung Kirito several meters back where he had to dig his sword in the soil and flip in the air to stop his flight.

Heathcliff's stabbing speed (only for one stab) rivals that of Asuna's, according to Kirito's midfight commentary.

Heathcliff's defense is shown when Kirito used a high-level Sword Skill, Vorpal Strike but was blocked, but still managed to push Heathcliff back and some minor damage.

Kirito commented that he was getting faster and faster as the fight goes, enjoying the thrill of battle. When their HP neared 50%, Heathcliff suddenly showed a flash of emotion that Kirito couldn't read. Kirito answered with Starburst Stream.

As the Sword Skill from Kirito pushed the shield enough to the right to allow Dark Repulsor to enter to the left, he commented that it felt like time slowed down to a freeze, except for Heathcliff who suddenly sped up and blocked the last strike with his shield. The paladin capitalized and ended the match with a Sword Skill to Kirito's side.

Kirito noted that the final block his opponent did was beyond the limits of a player, of a human being (SAO-wise) due to the impossibility of its speed. He also commented that Heathcliff was angry despite winning.

@NotEvenHuman: Heathcliff was fuming that Kirito made him use system assist. Looked pretty serious to me.

Why Asuna is the Lightning Flash (Vol. 1 Chapter 15-16)

Kirito, Godfree and Kuradeel went out for some training, leaving Asuna behind.

Kirito suggested running to the labyrinth but Godfree, the party leader, rejected. Kirito guessed that the guy leveled only his strength and durability, leaving his speed being crappy.

Kirito noted passing by a number of tall, rocky mountains before finally reaching the labyrinth where they stopped at the entrance for a break.

Kirito and Godfree were poisoned by Kuradeel. He also noted in his commentary that most paralysis poisons only lasted five or so minutes, depending on the strength of the poison.

Asuna appeared before Kirito got killed and before the paralysis wore off.

Kirito noted that he couldn't follow the trajectory of Asuna's sword when she was going stabhappy on Kuradeel. And that's with Kirito being several levels above her he also said.

Asuna stopped just before she jabbed Kuradeel one last time with her sword, fear gripped her as she was scared of killing someone. Kirito guessed that Kuradeel was waiting for that moment that Asuna will freeze up in fear to counterattack.

He also noted that his prediction came true in 0.1 seconds, Kuradeel swung his own sword at Asuna, throwing her rapier off her hand and followed up with an overhead attack.

Kirito, whose paralysis still lingers, but was weak enough to have his right foot move, jumped several meters, pushed Asuna and blocked Kuradeel's sword with his hand, then killed him with the other hand by jabbing it in his chest.

It was only after Kuradeel died that the paralysis wore off.

Asuna told Kirito that she took off running once she saw Godfree's signal disappeared, running 5 kilometers in 5 minutes, Peak Human, which kinda contradicts what Kirito said earlier of passing by multiple tall mountains, but meh.

Kirito goes fishing (Vol. 1 Chapter 19-20)

Kirito pulled out of the lake a Coelacanth (somehow the name reminds me of hen+ai), a cross between a fish and a lizard, over two meters tall, with 6 legs and eyes the size of basketballs.

Kirito being an ass, "Oh, it's running on the ground. So it's a dipnoan?" Commenting on the fish with interest as it ran towards them like a bus. Asuna is in panic.

Asuna swatted the giant fish as it jumped towards her, sending it high into the air. Asuna then stabbed it in a flurry of blows before stepping back and finishing with Flashing Penetrator (reminds me of hen+ai as well), which causes an effect akin to a sonic boom.

Nishida commented that the memory of catching a fish 5 meters long (he probably corrected Asuna there because he was farther than her from the fish and therefore could see better its size).

Everyone meets the boss (Vol. 1 Chapter 21)

The Skullreaper is a 10 meter long centipede whose bone body resembles that of a human spine and ribcage. Heathcliff ran in and blocked one of its two scythes, Kirito blocked the other, but it was strong enough to push it into his shoulder, but he managed to push it back after a distraction from Asuna.

Asuna and Kirito hitting at the same time, no mention of a Sword Skill, was able to push back the Skullreaper's scythe attack.

Post-fight, Kirito noted that Heathcliff was able to block a scythe by himself when it took he and Asuna to barely push it back.

Heathcliff vs Kirito Round 2 (Vol.1 Chapter 22-23)

"As I expected. That was a grievous mistake on my part, I was so overwhelmed by your speed that I ended up using the system's assistance past its normal limits." - Heathcliff

I accelerated my movements further and rained down countless blows upon him per second. But Kayaba's expression showed no change. He blocked all my attacks with his cross shield at speeds the naked eye couldn't even see. - Kirito

'Is he just toying with me?' - Kirito on why Heathcliff wasn't attacking

Kirito died. He should've after he was stabbed, and yet, in the middle of his death animatio, polygons were in the middle of dispersing outward from his body, he stabbed Heathcliff.

@Gemmy that shockwaves feat from the gif of the Flashing Penetrator might be higher than hypersonic, although I could be wrong.

Anyways, also including Gemmy's info, the reasoning (I pressume this is why, as I wasn't the one who originally made the Kirito profile Hypersonic) was because most of the guns in GGO are the advanced versions of guns in real life that are already pretty supersonic+ like the M134 Minigun and Sinon's sniper rifle being the advanced version of the PGM Ultima Ratio, which is apparently so fast that it goes through buildings and is literally called "The Last Resort". And of course, SAO Kirito > ALO Kirito >> GGO Kirito in speed so there is that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PGM_Ultima_Ratio

Then again, pretty sure calcs would be better, can someone put the Flashing Penetrator gif as a calc request.

Thanks Aiden, can you calc the speed required to do this?
Flashing_Penetrator.gif

Ok... Is there anything like bullet dodging

Or just a different speed feat?

(Sorry I don't know how to calc that one)

Shouldn't we be finding feats from the light novel (original canon), and not anime (adaptation)?

@blue last time I checked, only if the event is canon in the light novel can we do a calc on the anime

could be wrong tho

Right, I guess if that's the rule here go ahead. I'm more famiiliar with how the OBD deals with things. So, pardon my misunderstanding. Anyways, you should also go through the manga since it might have some feats there. Feel free to ask me to calc feats in chat.

AidenBrooks999 said:
Hmmm... Kind of hard to tell
There's no sign of a sonic boom of anything

Although.... That guy just burned?
In ALO, when they die, they turn to fire. He likely got hit by the skill directly.

Anyways, the boom looked to have happened before she accelerated to the point of creating a dust cloud.

I'll be rereading the novel for now to see if I can find anything. As for the manga, I'd check on that after.

Kirito vs the Gleam Eyes (Vol. 1 Chapter 11)

Kirito and Asuna entered the boss room to find the dumbass army getting their collective behinds handed to them. Kirito noted that the Army's collective damage "hadn't even reached 1/3 of its HP".

Kirito's commentary mentioned that Gleam Eyes hitting the ground was strong enough to send one person flying above its head and said boss is this huge.

Gleam Eyes2

"Asuna's reckless strike hit the back of the demon while its attention was elsewhere. But its HP hardly decreased at all." - Kirito

Gleam Eyes swung its zanbato at Asuna but she dodged sideways but got flung back by the shockwave of the sword hitting the ground.Gleam Eyes' combination of sheer strength and speed made it so Kirito couldn't even counterattack at all.

And that's the guy whose skill with a one-hand sword able to stalemate Asuna in Progressive.

Kirito noted that the Gleam Eyes' sword style is a modified two-hand style that is impossible to read, and reading into the fight is Kirito's forte.

Asuna and Klein bought Kirito 10 seconds for him to pull out Dual Blades, but he noted that Asuna already lost half her HP just from that.Kirito, finally using Dual Blades, blocked Gleam Eyes' swing with one sword and hit the boss with the other sword, noting that it was reduced noticably.

Gleam Eyes attacked again with a downward swing and Kirito blocked it with his swords crossed (such a block is awkward and stupid if you ever tried it) and managed to unbalance the boss.

"Faster, faster. The rhythm of my swings already exceeded twice the normal speed, but it felt slow to my heightened senses. I continued my attack at a pace that seemed to overtake even the system's assistance." - Kirito

NOTE: The Gleam Eyes never caught Kirito's blade in the middle of using Starburst Stream so it's anime only, Sword Skills can only be cancelled by something of equivalent force like another of similar level to push it out of its original trajectory. The user cannot cancel it once it's casted.

Kirito, in 16 hits (Starburst Stream) + 1 (switching in as Asuna switched out) did more damage than the entire army (who only took 1/3 it's HP) and Klein and Asuna, respectively high-level clearers did altogether.

I think it's safe to say that Starburst Stream at least doubles Kirito's base attack speed, and amps his damage by a massive amount as his regular swing was noticable, but not really notable, while the Sword Skill ate the entire remaining HP of the boss.

It should also be noted that Starburst Stream and Kirito finishing the fight with a sliver of HP (described as a few dots away from being empty), so it seems that it has massive stamina drain to use, and that Sword Skills actually use up stamina at all.

Wouldn't it just be more likely that he recieved damage, like how Asuna lost half her HP in the fight?

SomebodyData said:
Wouldn't it just be more likely that he recieved damage, like how Asuna lost half her HP in the fight?
For which part? Kirito did take damage, he survived with a sliver of health. The showing here is how strong Gleam Eyes is, and how powerful Starburst Stream really is, considering it did roughly 3 times more damage than the army (10 man I think, since 2 died and I think it was 8 more alive), Asuna (whose damage on the boss was described as "hardly decreased" its HP) and Klein who was never even mentioned to do damage.

Also, Starburst Stream's speed. We have a bullet-timer Kirito who was called out on by Death Gun as rusty and pathetic to the point that his SAO self would be ashamed, then mentioned that the "rhythm of his swings already exceeding twice the normal speed".

Sonic Boom casual as fluck (Vol. 3 Chapter 2)

"I see that, well, excuse me for a moment."

The boy drew his shabby sword with his right hand, and let it hang loosely toward the ground. After saying something fairly daring, Lyfa expected him to immediately start attacking, but he didn't move. Then, he put his left foot forward, adjusted his center of gravity and suddenly... Boom!!

The boy disappeared at the same time as some sort of sound impacted her. A sonic boom!?! Lyfa had fought against many enemies, but had never seen such an attack, her eyes couldn't even follow the boy's movement. As she hurriedly turned her head to the right, the boy stopped moving with his body low to the ground far away from where he had started. He completed his technique by swinging his sword toward his sheathe.

Explanation for speed in FullDive, specifically ALO & Kirito overtaking visual effects (Vol. 3 Chapter 2)

In this world, only one thing controls how fast you can move: the speed at which your brain receives signals from the «Full Dive» system and reacts to them. Amusphere sends signals to the brain's cognitive faculties, then the brain processes these signals and produces signals which control the motor functions of the body.

These signals are then intercepted by the Amusphere system. The faster a player's brain is able to do this, the faster the player can move in the game. Innate reflexes are one of the things that determine how fast this happens but the speed is also improved with experience, so the longer one plays the faster they can move.

This is not to boast, but Lyfa's speed is within the top 5 of all Sylphs. Her speed has been forged by training her reflexes for many years and honed by a year of playing ALO. She had been confident that no matter who she encountered, one-on-one her speed would not lose out to anyone.

The boy once again attacked without mercy, rushing towards the confused Salamander. I definitely won't miss it this time Lyfa thought as she concentrated on the boy's movement with her eyes wide open.

The initial motion was not all that fast, but it seemed to sway. However, that was only until he took the first real step of his attack and... The atmosphere was hazy and seemed to shake with the noise. I somehow saw it this time. Like watching a movie on fast-forward, Lyfa's eyes were able to catch most but not all of the frames.

The sword of the boy jumped from its lowered position and cuts the Salamander in two. Even the effect flash couldn't quite keep up with him. The boy moved several meters forward, stopping with the sword held high. Once again a spray of fire erupted, announcing the second Salamander's death.

NOTE: These are quoted from the LN and at the end, Leafa noted that Kirito was faster than his visual effects. Visual effects that can render sonic booms. And that attack was just casual for Kirito.

Isn't Kirito and Asuna Gods or something at the end of the lastest arc?

I think it was something like... Kirito goes into a coma because of the evil NSA.

The surviving Law guys try to train up a peasant army in preparation for the Chaos invasion (Chaos are led by the literal God of Darkness who is also an evil NSA agent who eats souls like rape).

They get rekt, but Kirito's harem save them with GM accounts and deebeezeee powerlevels.

NSA connect UW to the internet and get 50,000 American players to connect (it was advertized to them as a beta test for a new AO-rated VRMMO where you're allowed to slaughter anything and everything you like, with blood and guts), they mass murder UW residents and think it's hilarious.

To defeat them the main characters get 2,000 Japanese VRMMO players to connect. Despite the difference in numbers the Japanese are superior and win because Asian gamer damashii.

Then PoH (who is also an evil NSA agent) unleashes a zerg rush of Korean and Chinese gamers who were recruited by being told this is the a Korean VRMMO that's in beta test but evil Japanese hackers broke into the server, turned off pain dampening and are torturing their countrymen.

Even when some Japs who speak Korean try to explain the situation to them they don't listen because hurr japanese

The other NSA guys are surprised this works, they thought it wouldn't be worth it because they didn't think Japan is more different from Korea/China than European countries are from each other (hur)

Koreans and Chinese overwhelm Japs because this is every Jap's worst nightmare.

Kirito wakes up (thanks to the literal POWER OF LOVE from his entire harem) and wipes them all out in one attack though.

(Also PoH's motivation is that he's Korean and he hates Japanese so when he got stuck in SAO he decided to set up Laughing Coffin and have them and the clearers kill each other for ***** and giggles because Nips killing each other is hilarious.)

Later Kirito and Asuna become gods because of x100000000000 acceleration.

The UWers travel to virtual planets with rocket dragons.

Super Goku Roku said:
Isn't Kirito and Asuna Gods or something at the end of the lastest arc?
Latest arc = / = SAO, ALO and GGO arcs. Iirc, Alicization War arc Kirito is relativistic and continental, but until it has an official translation, or official enough at least for VSB to recognize it as usable here, then we won't put it in. Besides, this is about their current stats, not Alicizations, which reaches Naruto war arc levels in power inflation.

@Super Goku Roku Kirito is still in his coma in the light novels (last time i checked they are the primary canon), so we have to wait until the next volume is released and translated before adding the crazy powers he gets when he wakes up.

AidenBrooks999 said:
Hypersonic to Hypersonic+ is nearly a thing guys
Do I smell an upgrade?

Anyways, might I ask anyone who could answer; how much AP is required to send a full-grown armored man flying higher than the Gleam Eyes' head via shockwave from hitting the ground beside the man. Because that's exactly what the Gleam Eyes did and from there, we can get Kirito's AP or something methinks.

Gemmysaur said:
Anyways, might I ask anyone who could answer; how much AP is required to send a full-grown armored man flying higher than the Gleam Eyes' head via shockwave from hitting the ground beside the man. Because that's exactly what the Gleam Eyes did and from there, we can get Kirito's AP or something methinks.
Said what?

AidenBrooks999 said:
Said what?
This is Gleam Eyes.

Gleam Eyes3
Gleam Eyes is a big boy.
Gleam Eyes's attacks are strong enough to send shockwaves with each swing. The first swing mentioned sent a man flying above its head.

Said man is wearing full body armor.

"The demon seized its chance and swung its huge sword. The body of a person was knocked into the air, flew over the demon's head, and then crashed hard into the ground before us. It was Cobert."

Relevant video

I'd like to ask how much attack power does the Gleam Eyes use to do said feat.

Anyways, seeing how this is, if the speed calc is accepted, here's how it should go.

At least Hypersonic, Likely Hypersonic+

Klein

Leafa

Hypersonic+

Sinon (Comparable to GGO Kirito)

GGO and ALO Kirito

Death Gun

At least Hypersonic+

SAO Asuna (somewhat comparable to SAO Kirito, but not that much)

SAO Kirito (Superior to GGO Kirito by a large margin)

Healthcliff (Originally slower than SAO Kirito, although eventually beat him)

Yuuki (Kirito mentions that had she been in SAO, he wouldn't have obtained the dual wielding ability which is obtained by being the fastest)

ALO Asuna (Comparable to Yuuki)

Any objections? I might be missing something

Back