• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sword Art Online - Ratings?

Didn't ALO Kirito fight Yuuki multiple times without getting completely serious either time? And didn't Asuna imply that ALO Kirito was above or comparable to her? Also, instead of SAO Kirito I think it should be SAO and Fairy Dance Kirito, when he wasn't rusty and hadn't had his stats reset yet during Fairy Dance. And GGO/ALO Kirito should be GGO and post reset ALO Kirito.

Actually when he lost to Yuuki, Liz asked if she was from SAO, he states "He said there was no way that the Absolute Sword could have been an SAO player.""...." "Because if that were the case... it wouldn't have been him who won the Dual Blades skill" (Chapter 1, Page 20)

Fairy Dance Kirito was actually the time when he was at his rustiest, as shown by the fact that up to GGO, Kirito had been training in ALO, where as Fairy Dance Kirito had a long time without any sort of training.

Kirito (SAO/ALO/GGO/Post-GGO)

At least Hypersonic+ (Was stated to have the highest reflexes in the game); higher with Dual Blades (He stated that during Starburst Stream, the rhythm of his swings exceeded twice his normal speed) | Hypersonic+ (His reflexes dulled due to lack of training) | Hypersonic+ (Was able to swat bullets from an automatic rifle though Death Gun called him rusty and pathetic compared to his Black Swordsman persona) | Hypersonic+

Heathcliff
(SAO)

At least Hypersonic+ with System Assist (Was keeping pace with Kirito); Unknown without System Assist (Stated that he cannot keep up with the younger ones without it)

Asuna (SAO/ALO)

At least Hypersonic+ (Kept pace with Kirito and was hailed as the Lightning Flash for her speed with the rapier who Kirito stated even he cannot follow) | Hypersonic+ (Kept pace with Yuuki)

Yuuki (ALO)

At least Hypersonic+ (Kirito stated that her reflexes are higher than his and that had she been in SAO, she would've had the Dual Blades skill that is awarded to the player with the highest reflexes; defeated Kirito twice)

Sinon (GGO/Post-GGO)

Hypersonic+ (Kept pace but ultimately lost to Kirito) | Hypersonic+

Death Gun/Sterben/Red-eyed Xaxa
(SAO/GGO)

At least Hypersonic+ (Was one of the survivors of the PK Guild, Laughing Coffin) | At least Hypersonic+ (Was defeating Kirito in a straight sword fight and was even commenting that he was pathetic compared to his former self as the Black Swordsman; Only lost to Kirito due to Sinon distracting him)

Leafa (ALO)

Likely Hypersonic+ (Should be able to keep pace with Klein and the rest)

Klein (SAO/ALO)

Hypersonic+ (Klein was one of the front line fighters in SAO known collectively as the clearers)

Agil (SAO)

Likely Hypersonic+ (Agil was one of the front line fighters in SAO known collectively as the clearers though he does not participate as often)

Gleam Eyes (SAO) - If you guys wish to do one)

At least Hypersonic+ (Pressured Kirito and swatted aside Asuna and Klein)

Silica, Lisbeth and the others are unknowns but I guess they could be likely Hypersonic+ as well.

Do we realy need a post GGO tab for Kirito? As for Sinon, wouldn't it be easier just to call her ALO Sinon rather than Post-GGO? It seems easier to say. As for ALO Asuna, wouldn't it be At least Hypersonic+ for being able to keep up with Yuuki? And defeating her of course.

Other than that, its pretty accurate

SomebodyData said:
1. Do we realy need a post GGO tab for Kirito?

2. As for Sinon, wouldn't it be easier just to call her ALO Sinon rather than Post-GGO?

3. As for ALO Asuna, wouldn't it be At least Hypersonic+ for being able to keep up with Yuuki?
1. Not really, It's just me compiling their appearances and scaling them around from there.

2. I didn't really bother much with names, but I dunno. I kinda want to make a distinction between Fairy Dance and New Aincrad patch Alfheim (because timeline), but yeah, ALO works too I guess.

3. I don't think so. She kept up with Yuuki well enough, but so did Kirito. Hell, Kirito was Yuuki's biggest obstacle and was the man she faced in the finals of the tournament, to the point that it was put in the MMO Stream news of her achievement on defeating the man who made lots of legends.(Vol.7 Chapter 10) So if anything, Kirito should get bumped up to "At least" as well if we rate Asuna as such, this would make it so we probably need a Post-GGO (or whatever key name) key to differenciate him from ALO and GGO Kirito who is Hypersonic+ only.

Kirito stalemated Yuuki for 10 minutes+ in their second fight before losing to Mother's Rosario, though he didn't use his dual wielding.(Vol.7 Chapter 10)

His first match with Yuuki, he was only serious until halfway where he stopped to ask her a question. "I already fought really seriously. Really... At least until halfway." - Kirito (Vol.7 Chapter 3)

Kirito invented Spell Blast > Leafa, Klein and Asuna attempting to and failing to learn Spell Blast, opting to give up after 3 days of fruitless trying (Vol.7 Chapter 6)

Kirito and Klein held off 30 people for more than 2 minutes and 8 seconds (Yui helped, acting as a tactical radar), the time it took for Yuuki's 7-man party to wipe out the opposing 20-man advance party in front of them (Vol.7 Chapter 6)

Hmmm, didn't Asuna win against Yuuki though? Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's why I insisted on "At least Hypersonic+" ALO Asuna rather than Post-GGO Kirito who had been serious for a while but couldn't manage to exceed her, only stalemate her for a while.

As for the MMO Stream News, I wanna point out that they probably don't know he had a period of being rather rusty, which might explain why he was considered an achievement on her part.

the Spell Blast would count more of an intelligence feat no?

Well, I would argue that holding off a group is not as big as a feat cmpared to wiping out another party, even with the difference in size. Although, it does show that Post-GGO Kirito has grown from GGO Kirito, but I'm not sure if that's not enough to warant an "At least"

Asuna didn't win. She grazed Yuuki a few times, land a punch by surprise then force her way halfway through Mother's Rosario's animation hitting her full-on and activated her own 5-hit OSS, and lost. Yuuki was smiling half the fight and was plainly observant the other half.

Kirito stalemated Yuuki for 10+ minutes without going into his signature dual wielding style. The MMO Stream pointed out that it was a great achievement for Yuuki to beat the guy of legends.

Next I chose the nickname for my character. I didn't put much thought into it, but entered the name «Kirito».

This name was a shortened form of my real name, Kirigaya Kazuto, and there weren't many who knew that. Those who understood included only the rescue team from the Ministry of Internal Affairs, and those with a close connection, i.e. Recto's president Yuuki Shoujou and that Sugou. Of course, that also included Egil, and Asuna, who had yet to wake. Even Suguha and our parents shouldn't know of it.

In the SAO incident, none of this information had been made public, especially character names. This was because in that world there was frequent fighting between players and the result was often a horrible death in the real world. If unrestricted publication of this information was allowed, it would not be difficult to imagine a large number of lawsuits being filed.

The reason he's considered legendary is because of his status as the previous winner of the ALO tournament, the co-winner of the GGO tournament with nothing but a sword, owned the previous strongest player in ALO with low-tier equipment and that he has Excalibur. His rep is badass like that, not because of SAO which is kept hidden under wraps.

Basically, he was already legendary despite being rusty. That's something I suppose.

Regarding Spell Blast, I'd say it's a combination of smarts, accuracy and reflexes. It requires hitting a spell with a Sword Skill as a regular swing with a plain weapon will just pass through it. A Sword Skill in ALO can be imbued with elemental properties that can disrupt the spells given the right circumstances (hitting the hitbox). This means Kirito swatting multiple spells from different directions require him to position himself in a way that he can hit all the spells dead-center with a single Sword Skill. Else, he'd get pelted by spells once the delay hits.

The 3 of them, Asuna included, gave up trying to learn it as they find it too difficult and thus fruitless effort. Then Kirito notes that even the fastest spell is slower than a sniper bullet which we know he can hit.

I would argue that holding off 30 men with just 2 of them, turning it into a 1:15 ratio is a better feat than killing off a party with a party of your own, at a ratio of 7:20 or roughly 1:3.

Raising Asuna will have to raise Kirito as well is pretty much my opinion on this.

Hmmm, after seeing all this, I guess I agree, although considering how big the profile will get (Not even including the later arcs, or the new movie coming out) can we keep kirito's page as

Key: SAO and New Aincrad | ALO and GGO ?

Considering how his Beast Form is both a technique and a transformation, perhaps instead of having that as a key, we can change range to

Range: Extended Human Range, A couple dozen meters with Spriggan Illusion Magic - Beast Form

This way it doesn't fill up the entire page with repeated stats.

P.S. While this is off topic, by any chance do you know the maximum amount of HP Kirito had during the Silica story? Might be imporant.

I'm fine with the naming if its to reduce unecessary clutter, especially Beast Form that does not add any stats, only range.

HP: 14500 - The Black Swordsman Arc - Silica Story

I assume this is to get Kirito's regen from Battle Healing? Battle Healing only activates during a battle, once the danger passes, it disables. Why Kirito's BH is high is because the requirement for leveling it is to have HP at the red constantly, which he does by solo playing apparently. (Material Edition 2)

Maybe we can get around to their AP and Durability next hopefully, if at all.

Yeah

Thanks. Hmmm, wasn't his regen like 600 HP per each 6 seconds from his perspective right?

Hopefully, though to be honest, from what I've read from Reki's newer works of fictio, the better feats will probably come from the movies or the new books

600HP/10 Seconds

Well, iirc, the sniper feat sounded better in the novel than it did in the anime, with his back turned and everything. But yeah, anime makes pretty much everything cooler.

I don't think we really need a bump since it really all hinges on the calc now, although any further discussion should probably be on someone's message wall or another thread.

@Blue should I close this thread, since your question seems answered?

Well, I don't remember being able to bump a calc thread since it doesn't really give notifs unless I reply on a specific comment so I bumped here.

Anyway, what of AP and Durability? As is?

"Building level stats for the characters also require justifications."

I believe it should be Building level (Surpassed the level of the early SAO members, who can beat Biceps Archelon, the boss of the 4th floor who is over 20 meters in length.)

Now that I think about it, bosses like GeoCrawler (the 56th field boss) were described to be massive, who has the height of a house and the length of multiple houses. Just asking, but shouldn't the defeat of GeoCrawler grant an "At least Building level" status to anyone who is in the Frontlines or comparable to the main characters? After all, this guy was beaten by a weaker version of the main cast.

For those who don't know who GeoCrawler is http://swordartonline.wikia.com/wiki/GeoCrawler

It is the biggest known boss according to the wiki but I haven't read that part yet in the novel so I can't confirm. Regardless, I agree that they would be higher than how they are now.

Ilfang the Kobold - 2m tall / 1st flr boss

Baran the General Taurus - ??? / 2nd flr

Asterius the Taurus King - Large enough that its legs were the size of tree trunks / 2nd flr boss

Biceps Archelon - 20m+ length / 4th flr boss

Wadjet the Flaming Serpent - Long enough that its head can reach the ceiling of the boss room / New Aincrad 8th flr boss

Gleam Eyes - Would probably be at least 3m / 74ft flr boss

Skullreaper - Just really, really big/ 75th flr boss

(Can't find the kanji meaning for the measurements in the first Skullreaper image)

Didn't they put the GeoCrawler to sleep in order to beat him, though?

Well, we already have other building-sized bosses anyway.

Yes, but his durability remains quite the same, I would assume the reason why was that his aoe due to size was destroying any tatical advanatage they had.

Yeah, thats true

Anyways, while the speed feat is being checked, I will probably begin revising and give the reasoning to the APs of the profiles. Which will be as follows.

At least Building level (Surpassed the level of the characters that beat Biceps Archelon, who was over 20 meters in length)

Everyone's stats who aren't comparable to the main cast after the 56th floor

Silica

Sachi

Large Building level (Are stronger than the characters that defeated GeoCrawler, a beast with the height of a house and the length of multiple houses)

Everyone else thats at least 56th floor level

Any objections or ideas?

We could have 'higher with Sword Skills' but that would cramp up the page.

I agree with the stats though, except maybe Kirito and Heathcliff who is head and shoulders above the rest.

Gleam Eyes showed that. Asuna did barely nil, the army did barely nil, Klein did nothing at all, Kirito made a noticable dent in its HP, then much higher damage via Starburst Stream eating up all the remaining 3/4 of its HP. How do we make of that?

Wouldn't that just put Kirito and Heathcliff at large building level, likely higher? Maybe add as a note in his durability that via admin power Heathcliff can make it so that damage doesn't register for him, if he gets a page.

I can make a page for him but only after revisions are done so scaling can be done properly.

Anyways, Heathcliff's durability would likely be At least Large Builiding level, Higher with shield, invulnerable as an Immortal Object methinks.

On second thought, let's not put his GM powers in his powerset. He can't use it outside his domain anyway (which is Aincrad, and by extension, Alfheim) and versus fights typically happen in neutral domain.

Let's just keep his system-assisted stats (since he's a pushover without it that he states himself that he can't keep up with the young ones with his own reflexes).

I'll message the other calcers for the speed calc I guess.

As for the AP/Dura, to summarize:

At least Large Building level

SAO Kirito and Heathcliff

Large Building level

Asuna, Yuuki, ALO & GGO Kirito, Eugene, Klein and the other clearers

At least Building level

Everyone else

Is that right?

Alright, I'll do Kirito, NotEvenHuman can do the rest, is that okay?

@Aiden lol, maybe it needs more popularity?

I think Leafa and Sinon should be Large Building level, too. They should be stronger than people on the 56th floor.

@SD That's fine.

Well I don't know about Leafa, but Sinon is pretty recognized for her top-class sniper, so probably.

Messaged the other calcers with the link to the Kirito calc.

Good point @NotEvenHuman. I guess so.

Updated their profiles to reflect the speed upgrade after getting a thumbs up.

Please check to see if I missed anything.

Back