• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1.Metatron said that the creation of the universe took effort and time so it's not like God can destroy it whenever he wants.

2.It was said that the Archangels helped God defeat the Darkness which would be impossible if God was millions upon millions times stronger than them.

For now they are placed as unknown until they show some feats or the Archangel thing is resolved.

Weren't the last two episodes with God reeeeally clear that The Darkness can and has destroyed universes, and that God created at least the planet Earth?

It wasn't exactly mentioned that the she would one shot the universe and so far her best feat is the blast that shook heaven.

Yeah they probably don't but still they could show something like weird clouds around the earth and a few statements about the universe collapsing but so far the only thing she has done is kill a few thousand people with her toxic fog.

Death still holds the best feat on the show and it was off panel.

EDIT: Pre 11th doctor Doctor Who didn't have that good of a budget and yet they showed a lot of good stuff.

I believe that implies he created the universe after he locked her up. I guess we should wait until the end of season to see what's up.

Kkapoios said:
Death still holds the best feat on the show and it was off panel.
The reap God in the end? Or was it the eclipse? Wouldn't that be at least moon level and that God would be comparable to that? Then again imo archangels could just be a 'fragment' of some sort of weakness or something.

I should stop reading this and spoiling myself and continue watching Season 7

1.It's the solar eclipse and no it's not Moon level since the kinetic energy of the moon is Multi Contintent level.

All that we can really be sure of at this point is that God and Amara are probably at least Tier 5-B (but probably more like at least Tier 5-A), considering that the Archangels are at least Continent-Level (6-A) but not shown to be any level higher than that (although it is quite likely that they are) and, as someone else pointed out, God needed their help to beat Amara, so it would seem that God can't be VASTLY more powerful than the Archangels.

God didn't create the entire Supernatural-verse in a moment or a day. It's been stated multiple times that it took him many ages (probably millions or billions of years) to complete the construction of the entire Universe.

It would just established in the latest episode, actually, that it took him more than mere moments to create each one of the Archangels using his power. Chuck/God told Sam and Dean that they didn't have time, what with Amara threatening to destroy the Earth or at least Humanity within the next few days, for him to rebuild and resurrect Gabriel and Raphael.

On the other hand, even if the Angels are only firmly average 6-A tier, I'm guessing Amara and God HAVE to be at least 5-B, because in the latest episode Amara killed Lucifer, and did it quite easily, even though she was severely wounded and weakened from taking attacks from a coven of the world's most powerful witches, all the Angels in Heaven, all the Demons in Hell, and Lucifer.

1.We don't know if she killed him or just expelled him ,we will know in some days (or next year)

2.I want stick to this much but the latest episode was just a mess that showed how weak Amara and God are.

5 witches >> Hand of God

Amara can't defend herself against 10 demons who she usually eats for dinner and Castiel has already been shown to be able to touch them but she can't do anything.

Lucifer hurt her with a spear (of unknown origin and power) when a portion of God's power couldn't even scratch her.

And in the next episode they are going to use a soul bomb to bring her down.(if it's anything like 10 souls then i'm pretty sure God Castiel would destroy her with a snap of his fingers)

EDIT: For more check this blog

Well now we know why Death was so certain he can kill god...

Still, hopefully they'll see reason, show a Universe level feat and we can write this mess off as PIS. Until then I think they should remain at Unknown.

You know, magic appears to be outside the realm of demonic or heavenly powers. And I'm sure we can say for a fact that those witches were really powerful. Still wouldn't the lapse in durability have to do with the fact that they take a corporal form? Same with how angels and demons utilize hosts.

Spoilers: God said that that you'd need light as powerful as 10,000 suns all going supernovea to kill her. But since God said he was too injured to create that much suns, they decided to use 100,000 souls. 100,000 souls = 10,000 supernovea. Castiel himself said that a soul was as powerful as 100 suns (Maybe hyperbole since they once compared souls to nuclear reactors. Edit: Eve said a bunch (unknown amount) of Souls would be comparable to the Sun).

Darkness said herself that if God died, reality (including the darkness) would cease to exist and vice versa. Basically Amara or God's death causes the end of reality (Unknown size, at least Universe in size).

Also Darkness effortlessly healed God from her attack which left him in a dying state.

God in the process of dying was already causing every star (example is the sun) to fade away into nothingness.

1.The sould thing is definitelly a hyperbole, Castiel with 40 million souls was going to destroy a part of the Earth.

2.Even if the existance of the supernatural universe is dependent on them ,it doesn't mean that they have that kind of Attack Potency.

3.He didn't cause every star to fade ,he only caused the Sun to lose 6% of his energy output.

If the Darkness is able to be killed by 10,000 supernoveas they should at least be Multi-Solar system level to Small Galaxy level in durability (10,000 Supernovas could destroy a large portion of a galaxy.) The Darkness being able to harm God without destroying Earth was probably because she could bypass his durability.

They should be at least 2-C if each of their deaths would cause Reality (Absolutely everything) to degrade into nothingness.

Note: I think Supernatural has a Multiverse, as it contains different dimensions,realms and timelines.

Examples include: Heaven,Hell, The Empty (May be non-existence),Purgatory, Fairy/Dream realms, pocket dimensions and alternate timelines.

Plus there are creatures from other dimensions that don't exist in Space and Time in Supernatural like the Soul Eater. And since the Pocket Dimension that Soul Eaters exist in are outside of space and time, other people from other time periods could interact with one another (Dean meeting with Bobby even though he died long ago).

It's hyperbole ,nothing more ,nothing else.

Metatron said that creation took time and effort and it was never shown that either of the primordial beings could one shot the universe.

the effects of their death =/= their attack potency.

God was slowly dying and as he died, so did the Sun (Amara didn't claim responsability for the Sun dying but that it was because God was dying) and every other star in the Universe. The Darkness said herself that Existence (Entire Supernatural Multiverse) was fading away into nothingness (Including herself).

Existence fading away depends on how fast their dying. If they are dying slowly, Existence slowly dies, but if they instantly die, Existence ceases to exist instantly.

God said that you'd at least need 10,000 supernovas to kill the Darkness and that's only a maybe , so their durability is unknown but the Darkness stated herself that not even herself would survive God's death.

The Souls have been compared more to the Sun than to Nuclear reactors though.

Eve: Each soul a beautiful little nuclear reactor. Put 'em together, you have the sun.

Castiel: A soul is as powerful as 100 suns (No one disagreed, not even God *He is nigh-omniscient and would at least know how powerful a soul is*.)

One single soul was powerful enough for someone to travel in time *Henry Winchester*.

God said he could've killed the Darkness all along but they were Family and that her death would've upset the balance of Light and Darkness *Resulting in Existence fading away*.

He just needed the Arch Angels to seal away the Darkness.

Please go read the definition of hyperbole in the link i posted.

Once again ,the effects of their death don't translate into their Attack Potency in any way.

Just as you said ,it was said that Amara would destroy everything but she didn't and there are things that contradict these statements so we can't just rate her by statements ignoring stuff that happened on screen.

But SCP-682 is a Low 2-C due to the fact the Universe he resides in would die if he dies, and this is pretty much the same case but on a higher scale as Existence/Reality > Universe.

The Darkness needed to grow at first, by the end of the season she was well prepared to destroy Existence

I have no idea about SCP-682's ratings.

The Darkness was at full power (adult form) since episode 9 and so far he best real feat was shaking heaven.

She was harmed by 5 witches and couldn't defend herself against 10 demons ,that doesn't seem like Universe level to me.

Perhaps I'm too forgiving but maybe in regard to supernatural we should consider some of the hyperbole due to budget reasons for the show? Let's be honest, we love supernatural for the characters but the shows' special effects are usually hit-or-miss. Like the first time we saw the angel blast on the darkness iirc it wiped away some of the forest and created a crater. In the season finale it barely singed the asphalt. Let's look at it like this: 5 witches + all the demons of hell (was it all of hell?) + a demon lord were about equal in strength to three archangels.

It wasn't all the demons from hell ,it was 10 demons in their true forms.

Their special effects have gone better and showing a feat wouldn't be that hard.

For example in the beginning of the episode we thought that Amara was causing the sun to die ,and the 6% of the Sun's output/second is Continent level so we would have had a solid Continent level feat from her.

We don't take hyperboles for serious and this particular one is ......at least stupid.

1 soul = 100 stars (WTF?!)

Then God Castiel would have been Galaxy level and we all know that this isn't happening.

We can consider statements that prove similar power levels with some of the verses feats (which are few) but 1 soul = 100 stars is just absurd.

We could rate them as At least Multi Continent level for being on par with Death.And Metatron said that God was the one who caused the flood during Noah's time so we can work with that?

Hmm probably. Tbh the top tiers are a bit confusing, let me show you:

1. Michael and Lucifer are rated Continent lvl because their fight was going to scorch the earth. Fair enough.

2. Raphael and Gabriel are only rated at country lvl? I get that they aren't as strong as Michael and Lucifer but there's a big gap between country and continent lvl. Shouldn't they be low continent lvl? Plus this is under Gabriel's profile: can also ignore durability by destroying matter on a sub-atomic level

3. Castiel (amped by the purgatory monster souls I believe) is rated at possibly multi-continent lvl for destroying Raphael, who is currently country lvl? As I mentioned before, Raphael should be low continent lvl. Maybe Amped castiel is continent lvl+ or at least on par with Michael and Lucifer?

4. Jesse Turner is on par with Lucifer? I get that Lucifer is the source of his power, but Lucifer is still greater than Jesse. Maybe bump him down to whatever tier Raphael and Gabriel are at?

I guess it would make sense that the God Tiers are all on the same lvl for now. Maybe place God and the Darkness to At least multi-continent lvl or am I being too generous?

Edit: and shouldn't crowley be a top tier too? At least when he is the King of Hell, he is slightly weaker or on par with castiel it seems.

God Castiel disintigrated Raphael with a snap of his fingers,something neither Michael nor Lucifer can do.It was also stated by Death and Castiel's angel friend (forgot his name) that he was going to explode destoying a big part of the earth.

Castiel is a top tier due to his God form ,so no Crowley stays where he is.

I will make a thread about the Archangels,Jesse,God and the Darkness.

Well in regard to Crowley, it's still weird he's in the same tier as Sam and Dean. Oh well, thanks for looking into it.

The Darkness said that not only the Sun was fading but all of existence was eventually going to fade away into nothingness including her. That means any of their deaths can destroy a Multiverse ( Timelines )

That means their attack potency is at least multiversal level ( Self destruction counts as Attack potency ).

Their speed is Omnipresent due to the fact God was at two places at the same time

The soul thing wouldn't be hyperbole considering the fact the bomb never blew up so we don't know how powerful it was and God would've stated that they didn't have enough souls comparable to that of ten thousand suns going supernova.

Existence fading away is not Hyperbole as both God and Amara have Cosmic Awareness

Self Destruction doesn't count as AP in this case.Let's say God faces another being in another universe ,if he chooses to self destruct (which is something he wouldn't do under any circumstances nor was it mentioned that he can do) then he would achieve nothing.The universe he is in and the other being would be completely unharmed.

It seems that you don't understand the definition of hyperbole ,the best feat in the verse is a Multi Continent level one and 1 soul being as powerful as 100 stars would mean that simple Wall to Room level creatures would be ranked as Solar System level.

God was show to be at 2 places at once but he isn't completely omnipresent.

The soul statements are hyperboles not existance fading away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back