• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Supernatural Season 13, Episode 4: "The Big Empty" A New Character Appears - Spoilers

When Jack (Lucifer's son) uses his power to reach Castiel, the latter wakes up to what is revealed to be an infinite void, or "The Empty". It is also revealed that The Empty is where demons and angels go when they die and sleep forever. Castiel's waking up causes something else to wake up too.

In reponse to Cas' question as to what it is, it explicitly says it is a cosmic entity. It apparently just wants to sleep and doesn't like being awake. More importantly, it says it actually predates God and Amara. It appears to be the 'physical' manifestation of the Void, perhaps analogous to Oblivion from Marvel.

I am a beginner here, so just asking whether a vague profile is usually made in cases like these, or you guys just wait until something more explicit is revealed?

When I watch the episode (tomorrow) I will give input here.

Untio then. In following.

I didnt even read OP lol

Also, this is actually a neat callback to two seasons ago, during the episode Form and Void, as mentioned by the Reaper Billie.

"The next time you or your brother bite it, well, you're not going to Heaven or Hell. One of us, and lord I hope it's me, we're gonna make a mistake and toss you out into the Empty. And nothing comes back from that."

Exactly. Also, she had said something horrible would happen if the pact she had made with the Winchesters was broken. Aaand Cas killed her.

As for links, I am afraid I can't find video of the conversation as of yet, it's too early.

If you go hereat 0:50, you can see Cas waking up.

Come to think of it, this is the place where all angels and demons go when they die, yes?

In theory, this could let us meet any previously deceased angel or demon in the series, albeit they'd be asleep.

What I'm wondering is how they'll stop this thing. I mean, it's literally a nothingness from before nothingness.

Yeah that's true. I was like, you guys just overdid it this time.

This thing cannot possibly develop into an antagonist or I imagine you would have to have something like Jack, Lucifer, Amara and God vs the freaking Void? It's funny because the writers had said that you can't go higher than the Darkness, and yet here we are.

On a side note, with the parallel universe stuff we are seeing, I suppose soon upgrades may be in order for the primordial beings, seeing as Supernatural is a multiverse. I rememeber Lucifer saying about the other world: "...this literally God forsaken place."

No definitive evidence as of yet, but just saying.

I feel like they won't actually fight fight the Empty, just find a way to put it to sleep. After all, that's the only feasible way to deal with him.

What I'm wondering is how they'll top this. I mean, how do you get more ancient than nothingness itself?

That's seems the most logical way to go about it.

I doubt they can top this. Anyway, the show will probably end close to the 300th episode (or so J2 have said), that is, around half of Season 14.

It's likely Jack will be their Defense against this thing of nothing. Tho they will likely just fight for a bit and put it to sleep or there will be some new weapon that will magically appear.

Wait, didn't "The Empty" said not even God has power over... The Empty?

Because Jack woke up Castiel pretty easily

It did, but Jack didn't actually bring Cas back. He only woke him up.

The only thing I don't get is, how was Cas resurrected all those times by Chuck if he supposedly does not have any jurisdiction in the Empty?

You mean when he made him into a Seraphim along with his first resurrection?

I don't recall Chuck saying he remade Cas only once. In fact in S11 in the bar, he says to Metatron about Cas that he can't even remember how many times he has resurrected him. And we know that Cas has come back multiple times throughout the show.

Which... possibly means the Castiel we see now isn't the same Castiel from Season 5... or the one from Season 7...

o.o

Back