• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If this was the case then EVERY, SINGLE, SANS, FIGHT must be removed because 99% of the fights, the opponent can´t win if his soul is ripped appart from the body and attacked with durability negation attacks

The other 1% is the time stoppers that stomps Sans before he can even think
Or having your SOUL removed and put into the battle box doesn’t kill you, the simple option

Or maybe you're just conflating a basic battle style shift with literal soul rip 🗿

But ok, prove Sans can target and TK a soul that isn't already ripped from the body, because according to you, the soul actually gets automatically ripped at the start of every battle, meaning Sans has never actually targeted and TK'd a soul that wasn't already out in the open.

Or maybe you're just conflating a basic battle style shift with literal soul rip 🗿

But ok, prove Sans can target and TK a soul that isn't already ripped from the body, because according to you, the soul actually gets automatically ripped at the start of every battle, meaning Sans has never actually targeted and TK'd a soul that wasn't already out in the open.
…..the soul would just come out when the battle starts? I don’t know what you’re getting at here this time. Its even explicitly shown in undertale that SOULs can live without their body, and as Kris shows, a human can still live without their SOUL.

The fact you think that because they "fight" with their souls in Undertale, that they actually separate the souls, is hilarious.
As some others mentioned, it's simply aesthetic.
Whether they can live with or without their soul in their body doesn't matter, they don't actually pull the soul out because if that was the case they would also need to destroy the body. I don't know what y'all think the body of said person does when they're " fighting with their soul " honestly.

The fact you think that because they "fight" with their souls in Undertale, that they actually separate the souls, is hilarious.
As some others mentioned, it's simply aesthetic.
Whether they can live with or without their soul in their body doesn't matter, they don't actually pull the soul out because if that was the case they would also need to destroy the body. I don't know what y'all think the body of said person does when they're " fighting with their soul " honestly.
Except it’s blatantly shown in multiple cutscenes that a human can just detach from their soul, and that the soul moves independently from its vessel when in a battle
You in particular have not played undertale or deltarune, so I can see why you wouldn’t be able to produce good arguments, so I’d suggest letting chariot incinerate me in verbal discourse yet again debate with me in your place since he is more knowledgeable in the verse.

Just because they can doesn't mean that's what's happening lad.
If you look closely, you can see at the start of every battle, the soul and Frisk's body flickers in and out, back and forth, before settling on the soul for the duration of the fight.

All it is is showing the soul for gameplay battle purposes, the soul isn't being ripped out lmao, it's an abstraction, the body is still there, or do you think the body teleports out of existence temporarily too?

And as said, if you actually want to go this route, I'm going to have to ask for proof that Sans can soul tk a soul that isn't out in the open.

Just because they can doesn't mean that's what's happening lad.
If you look closely, you can see at the start of every battle, the soul and Frisk's body flickers in and out, back and forth, before settling on the soul for the duration of the fight.

All it is is showing the soul for gameplay battle purposes, the soul isn't being ripped out lmao, it's an abstraction, the body is still there, or do you think the body teleports out of existence temporarily too?
which is why we look to deltarune for a less ambiguous visualization, which has a clear showing of the soul being completely separate from kris themselves as they battle, rather than it being the other way around
and also, trickery like in the sans fight where the soul pushes the battle box and having to manually press the fight button show that the battle area is clearly not just for presentation, it really is just the soul performing these actions separate from the body
And as we know, undertale game mechanics are canon.

Also I should point out that the soul can literally fly, since mettaton’s little umbrellas and tsundereplane’s attacks show that the battle box is actually going upwards rather than forwards
and frisk can’t fly, so

Except it’s blatantly shown in multiple cutscenes that a human can just detach from their soul, and that the soul moves independently from its vessel when in a battle
You in particular have not played undertale or deltarune, so I can see why you wouldn’t be able to produce good arguments, so I’d suggest letting chariot incinerate me in verbal discourse yet again debate with me in your place since he is more knowledgeable in the verse.
I don't see why this is even relevant if Superman can still move his body especially if he does it in time to kill Sans.

which is why we look to deltarune for a less ambiguous visualization, which has a clear showing of the soul being completely separate from kris themselves as they battle, rather than it being the other way around
Ok now prove it applies to Undertale despite the very blatant fact the two games show it differently.

and also, trickery like in the sans fight where the soul pushes the battle box and having to manually press the fight button show that the battle area is clearly not just for presentation, it really is just the soul performing these actions separate from the body
I'm aware that isn't, but I'm arguing that the body and the soul occupy the same space, and if it doesn't, you realize this is the most dogshit TK ever right? It wouldn't even effect the body, you're basically arguing the soul and body are actually occupying different spaces, aka literally nothing, at all, is stopping the body from still moving.
Though I'm going to have to ask you to prove Sans' TK can effect a soul that isn't inherently out in the open, given that's what you're arguing now, so prove that, otherwise we have no reason to think he can target and TK a soul that's contained within a body.

And as we know, undertale game mechanics are canon.
Some, some game mechanics are, not all, though I'm not talking about game mechanics, I'm talking about literal art abstraction here.

yeah idk why tf this dude but this vs thread on a dead deltarune chapter 2 discussion thread (no joke, he did this)< Just put my vote on incon.

Ok now prove it applies to Undertale despite the very blatant fact the two games show it differently.
well the wiki already accepted deltarune and undertale as having the same player, understandable when given the vast amount of evidence supporting it, and the player is of course very heavily represented by the SOUL
I'm aware that isn't, but I'm arguing that the body and the soul occupy the same space, and if it doesn't, you realize this is the most dogshit TK ever right? It wouldn't even effect the body, you're basically arguing the soul and body are actually occupying different spaces, aka literally nothing, at all, is stopping the body from still moving.
Though I'm going to have to ask you to prove Sans' TK can effect a soul that isn't inherently out in the open, given that's what you're arguing now, so prove that, otherwise we have no reason to think he can target and TK a soul that's contained within a body.
And I'm saying that the soul would be dragged into the battle box the moment the fight starts, not that sans can affect a SOUL that's not currently in a battle

also again, the whole flying soul thing, so...
Some, some game mechanics are, not all, though I'm not talking about game mechanics, I'm talking about literal art abstraction here.
unrelated but can't wait for the day when we accept deltarune's mechanics as semi-canon as well, gonna be awesome when we get spamton downscaling from an endgame mountain level feat or something

Also, even if we assume that Sans could hit Sups faster, this match could not be added due to the speed rules, as well as several others involving Sans.

Any speed equalized match, in which a major reason a character loses is due to having a disadvantage against some speed value they usually wouldn't have a disadvantage against, may not be added to profiles.

Undertale and Deltarune are confirmed as different universes iirc
No ******* way that Superman doesn't have a single resistance against soulhax
I think he did and they had to change the key
sans wills a bone at superman and he goes die
It's not will, and even if it is he'd have to TK him which requires arm movement.
Also I find it hilarious that people talk about game mechanics being canon, the same game mechanics in other games like Mario have Mario getting hurt by Goombas and what not.

well the wiki already accepted deltarune and undertale as having the same player, understandable when given the vast amount of evidence supporting it, and the player is of course very heavily represented by the SOUL
You didn't prove it. You're bringing up an unrelated false equivalence, that doesn't actually effect anything in this conversation, you know how I know that? Because this isn't at all reflected on any of the UT profiles.
And I'm saying that the soul would be dragged into the battle box the moment the fight starts, not that sans can affect a SOUL that's not currently in a battle
Prove it, you're basically saying every monster in UT has inherent soul rip powers, which is laughable at best, that automatically souls rip any enemy they face.
Ignoring the fact I'm not buying this to begin with, that sure as **** wouldn't be covered by verse equalization if it's an automatic process, and it sure as hell ain't an ability they have otherwise it'd actually be on the profiles for every character.
also again, the whole flying soul thing, so...
Not good, enough prove he actually can.
unrelated but can't wait for the day when we accept deltarune's mechanics as semi-canon as well, gonna be awesome when we get spamton downscaling from an endgame mountain level feat or something
would be kinda based ngl
I think Sans' bones are intangible, so not sure if that'll work
Supes has NPI himself anyway so it wouldn't matter.

Also I find it hilarious that people talk about game mechanics being canon, the same game mechanics in other games like Mario have Mario getting hurt by Goombas and what not.
UT has lore for game mechanics being canon, it's a feature, like LOVE, stats, Save states, item boxes, etc are all actually canon stuff and even plot points.

UT has lore for game mechanics being canon, it's a feature, like LOVE, stats, Save states, item boxes, etc are all actually canon stuff and even plot points.
Sure, but I doubt the soul being separated is canon, at least not in UT.
Either way it doesn't stop people from using their body so eh

Undertale and Deltarune are confirmed as different universes iirc
not the point I was making
the wiki accepts the player profile of undertale and deltarune as the same
tl;dr, play undertale 🗿
You didn't prove it. You're bringing up an unrelated false equivalence, you know how I know that? Because this isn't at all reflected on any of the UT profiles.
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/The_Player_(Undertale)?so=search is what I'm basing this stuff off of
Prove it, you're basically saying every monster in UT has inherent soul rip powers, which is laughable at best, that automatically souls rip any enemy they face.
Ignoring the fact I'm not buying this to begin with, that sure as **** wouldn't be covered by verse equalization if it's an automatic process, and it sure as hell ain't an ability they have otherwise it'd actually be on the profiles for every character.
I would prefer if we actually ****** verse equalization rather than continuing with sans matches like this since undertale is obviously a verse that is uniquely reliant on its abnormal universe mechanics.
I mean, sans literally strategizes around abusing the fact that his turn can last forever as a counter to the player being able to respawn after every death, already showing him using the battle system itself as one of his strategies despite it not actually being an ability he directly has
Not good, enough prove he actually can.
Confused here, are you saying that I'm saying that frisk can fly? Or are you saying that the SOUL can't fly.

Is he forgetting that this isn't a game 💀
Sans isn't doing stuff like abusing his turns and what not in real life

Is he forgetting that this isn't a game 💀
Sans isn't doing stuff like abusing his turns and what not in real life
exactly
which is why undertale matches aren't fun to think about on a deeper level, and the equalization rules kinda leave everyone screwed over and kinda misrepresented

Let's see, for Sans to attack he needs to move his arm, while Sups doesn't even need to move. As discussed, TK doesn't work, and that is Sans' initial move.

Sups then uses his Heat Vision and ends the day, as Sans doesn't usually teleport at first.

Voting Sups.
What is TK?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back