• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Superman (DC Cinematic Universe) vs Kurse (Marvel Cinematic Universe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Superman from the DCCU goes up against the MCU version of Kurse from Thor: The Dark World, who is easily the most physically powerful character the MCU has shown so far.

Superman's profile

Kurse's profile

Speed Equalized.

Fight takes place on Svartalfheim.

Votes,

Superman: 1

Kurse: 0

Superman takes this.

Kurse is around superhuman to subsonic via scaling from Thor.

Superman, according to his profile (which I'm a bit iffy about), is MHS+.

Multiple City level bullrushes will take out Kurse, Large City level durability or not.

Gemmysaur said:
Superman takes this.

Kurse is around superhuman to subsonic via scaling from Thor.

Superman, according to his profile (which I'm a bit iffy about), is MHS+.

Multiple City level bullrushes will take out Kurse, Large City level durability or not.
Hmm... maybe. Superman has the clear speed advantage but even Thor and Loki together couldn't beat Kurse and had to resort to BFR via black hole grenade in order to stop him. I'll wait for more opinions before making up my mind on this one.

There really isn't much to debate against someone with a very, very, very, very large speed advantage and equal if not greater AP than Thor (Since Thor's City-level feat is only under the right conditions).

Even with Kurse's reactions being rated hypersonic (which I'm iffy since Thor has never thrown Mjolnir at that speeds, only called), he isn't reacting to much.

But ok, let's wait for others.

Thor's City level feat was achieved under certain condisions and it's probable that his true power level is far below that of City level.

I will close the thread until we figure out where to place Thor and the others.

PS someone will have to remind me to reopen this.

Superman loses out in close combat though because Kurse knows how to fight, and has better punching AP.

Superman still wins via Cityblock bullrushing though....and faaaaaaaaaar higher durability.

Still a bad matchup imo.

Gemmysaur said:
Superman loses out in close combat though because Kurse knows how to fight, and has better punching AP.

Superman still wins via Cityblock bullrushing though....and faaaaaaaaaar higher durability.

Still a bad matchup imo.
I actually didn't even notice that Superman had City Block level durability until just now... >_<'

Kurse can take Superman's regular punches well enough but he can't take Superman's bullrushes and on the flipside Kurse can't really hurt Superman. So yes, it looks like you are correct unfortunately.

For now I recommend that this thread be re-closed.

EDIT: Definitely re-close this, since as of Batman v. Superma this fight is a serious stomp.

>MCB Kurse

>Subsonic Kurse

>Small City Superman

>Supersonic Superman

Kurse is invulnerable to all blunt dmg, so supes cant hurt him. Plus Kurse has insane reaction times, he could take supes head off if he tried to blitz.

Proof for blunt dmg invulnerability. Dont give comic scans as they are of different universe. >insane reaction time >got killed by loki >slower combat speed than superman >blitz

That's nice and all but no

Gemmysaur said:
Proof for blunt dmg invulnerability. Dont give comic scans as they are of different universe. >insane reaction time >got killed by loki >slower combat speed than superman >blitz

That's nice and all but no
Kurse was never hurt by blunt damage. Kurse deflected a thrown mjolnir with a backhand while his back was turned. Loki used stealth, so that has nothing to do with this.

Mjolnir wasn't moving that fast and and Kurse was still impaled by Loki. Also, you're forgetting how many times stronger a small city level character is over a multi-city block level character.

Natse said:
Mjolnir wasn't moving that fast and and Kurse was still impaled by Loki. Also, you're forgetting how many times stronger a small city level character is over a multi-city block level character.
supes is nowhere near small city level, I find that idiotic.

Make a thread for something you find "idiotic" and make an argument there to lower his ranking, not in a versus thread.

Blunt force invulnerability is not explicitly shown, only that he has better durability and AP than Thor. There is no precedent that Kurse has that.

Kurse backhanded a subsonic throw, not an MHS flying hammer.

Gemmysaur said:
Make a thread for something you find "idiotic" and make an argument there to lower his ranking, not in a versus thread.

Blunt force invulnerability is not explicitly shown, only that he has better durability and AP than Thor. There is no precedent that Kurse has that.

Kurse backhanded a subsonic throw, not an MHS flying hammer.
He took all blunt force damage without harm, he is basically invulnerable and since Thor hits harder than supes Kurse would have no trouble tanking blows with a kryptonian. I shall rewatch the scene, but Thor's hammer throw is faster than supes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back