• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SUPERHOT CRT / OVERHAUL

The current and only SUPERHOT page is really outdated and bad. Nuff said. So let's fix this verse for like the 2½ people on this site who cares about this verse (don't ask where the other ½ of a person went).

PAGE CREATION
Feel free to comment if there's everything I missed or if there's something that you feel shouldn't be there.

FURTHER TOPICS TO BE DISCUSSED
  • The VR Player's name
    • Currently, The Player is a placeholder name for the main protagonist of SUPERHOT VR since we don't actually get their name anywhere in the game. The closest to a name or epithet we get is the player's room being referred to as "Hacker Room", should The Hacker be their name? or not, and keep it The Player since it's a pretty vague term to describe a room?
  • Time Manipulation for other MINDs?
    • So far we know all 3 protagonists can slow/stop time (because duh) but should the other MINDs (Nindza & Dog) get it as well since they all are MINDs in the System, currently my stance is no because we don't get enough evidence beyond it being hinted at in their .mem files but a second opinion about this would be cool, funny thing as well that the System doesn't even know the Addict control time but this probably means nothing.
  • Avar1ce's Powers
    • Avar1ce has pretty vague powers and considering everyone is supposed to get something different, it makes his powers a bit confusing. So I wrote my own interpretation of his powers here, however, keep in mind this is my own interpretation and has not been confirmed by the creator nor game that this is actually what his core ability is, therefore, if anyone else has a better or logical interpretation, then this is the place to put it.
  • More pages?
    • Should the random red enemies get profiles? How about the unique enemies (concrete dudes and mushroom guys) of MCD? Should the System get one? That dude from SUPERHOT Prototype, should he/she have one? What about the unique challenges of the original SUPERHOT (Ghost, AD2013, etc.)? Obviously, this is looking a bit more into the future to expand the verse

Holy shot this is good I agree, are you familiar with any other VR titles like Zenith?

Also I think the player is fine as a general name unless there's more stuff implying them to be referred to as a hacker in which case by all means call them The hacker
Should the random red enemies get profiles? How about the unique enemies (concrete dudes and mushroom guys) of MCD? Should the System get one? That dude from SUPERHOT Prototype, should he/she have one? What about the unique challenges of the original SUPERHOT
If you believe they have enough going for them to warrant profiles or if it's to have any consistency with some scaling relying on having them then I'd say do it

cool , looks good, have you tried to get any of their feats calced yet? the assumptions are fine but of course it would be better to get specific numbers

cool , looks good, have you tried to get any of their feats calced yet? the assumptions are fine but of course it would be better to get specific numbers
Yeah I believe they've put in calc request for about 3 or 4 of the feats

The VR Player's name
  • Currently, The Player is a placeholder name for the main protagonist of SUPERHOT VR since we don't actually get their name anywhere in the game. The closest to a name or epithet we get is the player's room being referred to as "Hacker Room", should The Hacker be their name? or not, and keep it The Player since it's a pretty vague term to describe a room?
"The Player" is fine

Time Manipulation for other MINDs?
  • So far we know all 3 protagonists can slow/stop time (because duh) but should the other MINDs (Nindza & Dog) get it as well since they all are MINDs in the System, currently my stance is no because we don't get enough evidence beyond it being hinted at in their .mem files but a second opinion about this would be cool, funny thing as well that the System doesn't even know the Addict control time but this probably means nothing.
Since they are all the same thing and its hinted at, I agree with a "possibly" rating for the ability.

Avar1ce's Powers
  • Avar1ce has pretty vague powers and considering everyone is supposed to get something different, it makes his powers a bit confusing. So I wrote my own interpretation of his powers here, however, keep in mind this is my own interpretation and has not been confirmed by the creator nor game that this is actually what his core ability is, therefore, if anyone else has a better or logical interpretation, then this is the place to put it.
I can't comment on the direction of this but the abilities should have as much supporting scans or gifs as you can find.

More pages?
  • Should the random red enemies get profiles? How about the unique enemies (concrete dudes and mushroom guys) of MCD? Should the System get one? That dude from SUPERHOT Prototype, should he/she have one? What about the unique challenges of the original SUPERHOT (Ghost, AD2013, etc.)? Obviously, this is looking a bit more into the future to expand the verse
Make as many profiles as you can to record the verse (Powerwise). That is encouraged.

PAGE CREATION
Feel free to comment if there's everything I missed or if there's something that you feel shouldn't be there.
I agree

MORE pages?
  • Should the random red enemies get profiles? How about the unique enemies (concrete dudes and mushroom guys) of MCD? Should the System get one? That dude from SUPERHOT Prototype, should he/she have one? What about the unique challenges of the original SUPERHOT (Ghost, AD2013, etc.)?
all types of red guys would be best as one profile with the different types as different keys
system could but most stats would be unknown/inapplicable and whatever powers would be included aside from mind control and hivemind would all just be based on interpretation of the series' mostly ambiguous story
the prototype's story is incomplete and outdated, but I mean, you can; just another bullet timey protagonist except they one-shot enemies barehanded and only ever get to use pistols, and also might be a real person instead of a video game glass man
SH challenges might be separate keys in addict's profile, but most would be unnecessary

about the protagonist profiles, all of their equipment is optional; in some levels they start with something, other times they pick weapons up off enemies or otherwise find them around the level, and in MCD some hacks let them start with one random gun or a katana

Last edited:
about the protagonist profiles, all of their equipment is optional; in some levels they start with something, other times they pick weapons up off enemies or otherwise find them around the level, and in MCD some hacks let them start with one random gun or a katana
The Addict's equipment is based on her appearance in MCD (whenever she spawns she spawns with one of the four weapons listed on her profile).
The VR Player's equipment is based on any object/weapon he got in the white room.
I guess I should've justified Avar1ce's equipment better :pbut yeah it's from startkatana.hack and rndgun.hack

What's going on with this is there something more that needs to.be discussed or accepted?

first of all here's profiles for the System and red dudes

second of all opinions since the thread is still going

Currently, The Player is a placeholder name for the main protagonist of SUPERHOT VR since we don't actually get their name anywhere in the game. The closest to a name or epithet we get is the player's room being referred to as "Hacker Room", should The Hacker be their name? or not, and keep it The Player since it's a pretty vague term to describe a room?
I honestly like calling it The Hacker better, the name has more personality than just another "player" character and there's enough justification for it imo.

So far we know all 3 protagonists can slow/stop time (because duh) but should the other MINDs (Nindza & Dog) get it as well since they all are MINDs in the System, currently my stance is no because we don't get enough evidence beyond it being hinted at in their .mem files but a second opinion about this would be cool, funny thing as well that the System doesn't even know the Addict control time but this probably means nothing.
I do think all MINDs should get time manipulation, in the actual game and in-universe the bullet-time mechanics of SUPERHOT are really the hook that would get players interested, and that would keep them coming back to the game and getting addicted, the lattermost being very important to The System and its objectives. It would be strange for that mechanic to be absent for some players, especially when it's been there in all three cases we've seen, even though everyone who plays the game is supposed to get something different. I think it's a reasonable assumption that time manipulation is universal among superhot players.

Also I doubt the System meant what it sounded like it meant in that dialogue, it tells you upfront at the start of the game how the mechanics work. Like with most of the other terminal messages, I think System was just weaving around the question with a vague philosophical answer and not literally asking "wait that's a mechanic? I thought you were just extremely good at the game".

Last edited:
first of all here's profiles for the System and red dudes

second of all opinions since the thread is still going

I honestly like calling it The Hacker better, the name has more personality than just another "player" and there seems to be enough justification for it

I do think all MINDs should get time manipulation, in the actual game and in-universe the bullet-time mechanics of SUPERHOT are really the hook that would get players interested, and that would keep them coming back to the game and getting addicted, the lattermost being very important to The System and its motives. It would be strange for that mechanic to be absent for some players, especially when it's been there in all three cases we've seen, even though everyone who plays the game is supposed to get something different. I think it's a reasonable assumption that time manipulation is universal among Superhot players.

Also I doubt the System meant what it sounded like it meant in that dialogue, it tells you upfront at the start of the game how the mechanics work. Like with most of the other terminal messages, I think System was just weaving around the question with a vague philosophical answer and not literally asking "wait that's a mechanic? I thought you were just extremely good at the game".
I'll let you know now you don't need that many AP keys if they all are wall level and nothing's changing between that, it just looks cluttered and bad so just one wall level is fine and you should find renders of each enemy type add use those for profile images

I'll let you know now you don't need that many AP keys if they all are wall level and nothing's changing between that, it just looks cluttered and bad so just one wall level is fine and you should find renders of each enemy type add use those for profile images
was gonna do that, couldn't find good images for concrete and cyborg and lazed out :v

Okay I made some renders but there's no images of the Cyborg enemies that I could find, that alright?

Avar1ce's Powers
I'm not sure if I've actually gotten this far into the game, but I highly doubt that this is meant to represent Avar1ce's abilities. Rather, I'd suggest it's more likely to represent Avar1ce learning and interpreting the secrets behind SUPERHOT.
  • Trauma induced mind control - The technique used by the System to brainwash the Dog.
  • Split personalities - The MINDs are all united with the System as one entity, although they apparently still have distinct "personalities". There's probably something better for this one.
  • Delta alters - Delta's definition in computing: "a change or set of changes made to a file or program, especially as part of an update to a later version." 'SUPERHOT: Mind Control Delete' as we know it, which Avar1ce is playing, is a later, upgraded version of the game from when we last saw it. "Delta" is also the fourth letter in the Greek alphabet, and MCD is the fourth version of SUPERHOT we've seen, the other three in order being the prototype (which is apparently canon), the base game, and VR.
  • Monarch - The sole, supreme ruler of a state or nation. The System takes a similar "supreme ruler" role over the minds in its possession.
  • WiFi turned to brain waves - Likely referring to the System's view of minds being software, which it "downloads" into its hivemind.
  • MK Ultra - Project MKUltra was apparently a human experimentation program done by the CIA, of which the purpose was to find methods of brainwashing and psychological torture that could be used in interrogations to force confessions out of captives. The System brainwashes and psychologically tortures people in order to enslave them, for a still unknown purpose other than megalomania.
  • Conditioning - The process of training or accustoming a person or animal to behave in a certain way or to accept certain circumstances. Self-explanatory.
  • Pavlov - Ivan Pavlov was a Russian physiologist who apparently performed an experiment in which he conditioned dogs to salivate at the sound of a bell by ringing a bell whenever he gives them food, causing the dogs to associate the sound of a bell with food. The System refers to the player as a dog multiple times throughout the base SUPERHOT. Ivan and his experiments are referenced in the song "Pavlov's Dogs", the end credits song in SUPERHOT.
  • Meme - Something, i.e. an image, video or piece of text, that is passed on throughout the internet from person to person. Just like how the System's foot soldiers share superhot.exe across the internet in order to spread its influence as far as possible.
  • Subliminal messages - SUPER. HOT. SUPER. HOT. SUPER. HOT. Repeatedly flashing in big bright letters on the screen, a deep voice chanting it in your ears, embedding the name SUPERHOT into your memory and tenderizing your thought process. These same big bright flashing letters are used whenever else the System communicates with the player, aside from using the piOS chat; the System's words flood the entire screen, conveying a forceful tone and compelling you to obey.
  • Drugs in food and water - Unsure. Possibly relating back to Project MKUltra, in which psychoactive drugs, especially LSD, were used as one method of brainwashing. Could be something later in the game I haven't seen.

Now, my interpretation of Avar1ce's ability. "Avarice" definition: extreme greed for wealth or material gain. In other words, an unquenchable thirst for MORE. MORE shooting, MORE secrets, MORE lore, MORE power. Avar1ce acquires other MINDs' abilities throughout the game, via downloading a floppy disk(?) with their .core on it; the Addict's Hotswitch, the Dog's Charge, and the Nindza's Recall. Other than that and the added external game mechanics, there isn't anything unique about Avar1ce's avatar. The ability to acquire others' abilities would fit with Avar1ce's only established characteristic of greediness. So, I think Avar1ce's core ability is just being able to use other MINDs' abilities. In this wiki's terms, Power Mimicry.

Last edited:
Now, my interpretation of Avar1ce's ability. "Avarice" definition: extreme greed for wealth or material gain. In other words, an unquenchable thirst for MORE. MORE shooting, MORE secrets, MORE lore, MORE power. Avar1ce acquires other MINDs' abilities throughout the game, via downloading a floppy disk(?) with their .core on it; the Addict's Hotswitch, the Dog's Charge, and the Nindza's Recall. Other than that and the added external game mechanics, there isn't anything unique about Avar1ce's avatar. The ability to acquire others' abilities would fit with Avar1ce's only established characteristic of greediness. So, I think Avar1ce's core ability is just being able to use other MINDs' abilities. In this wiki's terms, Power Mimicry.
or them acquiring other abilities is a consequence of their hacking and it's just MORE.core, that one really isn't associated with any other character and is named after avar1ce's signature catchphrase

All right got time to look at this, so...
First-up pictures for this page!

Pic to use for the System

Pic to use for the Core (or the Pyramid)

Pic to use for Piotr (the guy from the end of Superhot VR and Prototype; representing the System

Other that that add Type 2 to Hive Mind and some other abilities to add:
Dura; add a new key for the Core and give it At least Small Building (Due to its size)
Better render for Concrete guys

Here's a cleaner image for Mushroom dudes

Something for Glitched enemies

Looks good although I think you should give them Attack Reflection (With Katana or Baseball Bat; can deflect bullets and thrown objects) and for Concrete; All Standard abilities but to a greater extent (Due to certain parts of the body being made out of concrete).
I do think all MINDs should get time manipulation, in the actual game and in-universe the bullet-time mechanics of SUPERHOT are really the hook that would get players interested, and that would keep them coming back to the game and getting addicted, the lattermost being very important to The System and its objectives. It would be strange for that mechanic to be absent for some players, especially when it's been there in all three cases we've seen, even though everyone who plays the game is supposed to get something different. I think it's a reasonable assumption that time manipulation is universal among superhot players.
Eh fair enough ig
I'm not sure if I've actually gotten this far into the game, but I highly doubt that this is meant to represent Avar1ce's abilities. Rather, I'd suggest it's more likely to represent Avar1ce learning and interpreting the secrets behind SUPERHOT.
Considering his main goal is to complete everything there is about Superhot and he says he got "it all figured out", it's probably he learning how these things were created/made, like he's reading a file about them.
In this wiki's terms, Power Mimicry.
Dunno about that. He acquires the Core abilities before even encountering the MIND behind it and like you said Avar1ce is supposed to be bounded by well... avarice which the System takes advantage of by continuous giving him more and more things until it gets to where he loses more than he started with, and these things include stuff like more variety of enemies, more stage obstacles, etc. as well as these Core abilities which take the form of physical headsets. So it's more likely he's just putting on different headsets which give him certain abilities at the start of each node/level.

edited the system and red bois' pages

they're talking about the video game's rules :v
sounds to me like a more implicit, less threatening way to say "we're gonna kill you and put you inside a simulation", since the system views human bodies more or less as prisons that hold the minds back from achieving their true potential
Possible Pocket Reality Manipulation (?) - Via the implications of this terminal conversation
seems like superhot.exe itself is a pocket reality of sorts I have little doubt the system would make it a **** game if it would get someone addicted
sorta on this subject, I was thinking to give the system a tier with the largest-sized level there's been in any of the SUPERHOT games since they're of its creation, probably 8-C or 8-B
as well as these Core abilities which take the form of physical headsets. So it's more likely he's just putting on different headsets which give him certain abilities at the start of each node/level.
dog bowl, shuriken, [whatever the hotswitch one is I'm tired of skipping through a mcd longplay]? other than that I don't have the energy to argue rn

Bump, you guys what do you need to do here so that this doesn't get burried

Back