• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Superboy-Prime Upgrades - Also Spoilers Probably

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably. Although, we do know that TBWL loves the whole "this was all according to my plan" thing, so maybe we should wait a while? The fight itself seems pretty legit, as he seemingly turned down the option to absorb his energy. I guess you could argue TBWL didn't try/want to kill SBP, but at best that would prove that he doesn't upscale, as he still was beating him up. So, at the moment I'd say probably, but I think we might want to wait it out.

Probably. Although I agree with what the user said above. Should probably wait until Death Metal 7.

question, did prime destroy unviverses or planets? also, was the destruction due to him killing(not really) the darkest knight since he never did it directly?

question, did prime destroy unviverses or planets? also, was the destruction due to him killing(not really) the darkest knight since he never did it directly?
Prime is implied to be stronger than the Anti-Monitor and Godhead Darkseid too since his Retcon Punch in an earlier issue somehow freed the members of the Justice League from dying at their hands.

In this issue he also destroyed the Darkest Knight's Last 52 universes with his Retcon Punches, instead creating a new universe where he is alive with his loved ones and has his powers again.

Basically it seems that at the moment Prime embraced heroism and decided to finally act as Superman, he became strong enough to defeat a multiversal threat.

naww reading it again I don't think they were universes, but I do agree that prime>monitor brothers, darkseid and even perpetua but not the darkest knight, not saying he's weaker in power considering he won the fight, just that he can't permanently kill the darkest knight

also em shouldn't the batswholols have a possibly 1-A key since he basicly has the exact same powers as doctor manhatten(he also abosrbed the crisis energy to beef him self up) and he also killed prepetua with the use of the source wall remenants

naww reading it again I don't think they were universes, but I do agree that prime>monitor brothers, darkseid and even perpetua but not the darkest knight, not saying he's weaker in power considering he won the fight, just that he can't permanently kill the darkest knight
They literally said they were universes in the issue.

universe? I didn't see the word universe was used but they did say they were 52 worlds. In death metal issue 6, the darkest night referred to it as
planets

Also this, tier 2 or maybe even tier 1 wonder woman upgrade incoming????
7731792-0322586204-w3wen.jpg

I saw a guy in the home page saying true form perpetua is low 2-C because she needed Crisis energy to destroy universes one by one. Alright guys it’s official the gods in DC are goku level and Superman is tier 8

Perpetua does blow up a universe and then says "I have to recharge" but then in the same arc she defeats the Ultra-Monitor, BatKek destroys Hypertime with his presence, consumes the Speed Force, and shakes the Sphere of the Gods and manipulates the fabric of the Source Wall, and also Superboy Prime is rewriting reality with every punch and Darkseid is just there and is a minion.

Perpetua does blow up a universe and then says "I have to recharge" but then in the same arc she defeats the Ultra-Monitor, BatKek destroys Hypertime with his presence, consumes the Speed Force, and shakes the Sphere of the Gods and manipulates the fabric of the Source Wall, and also Superboy Prime is rewriting reality with every punch and Darkseid is just there and is a minion.
That just means they are all universal haha

I am also fine with an extra key for Superboy-Prime. Backscaling to all characters that ever gave him a hard time seems unreliable though.

I also liked the story for a change btw. I think that it is thematically fitting to finally try to redeem him, given that the main point of this story is to underline that the people that SBP was created to mock and satirise have a valid point in that constantly retconning continuity and turning it wantonly dark and edgy makes the readers lose interest in the characters, due to that the settings and the characters turn incoherent, hollow, and pointless, without any sense of history to draw upon.

This seems to have been accepted then. Is some knowledgeable member willing to handle it please?

Now if he were to get his Time Trapper powers back in main continuity he would have a degree of both time and reality manip which would cover the 4th and 5th dimension in DC.

I could possibly add it. Although, I remember another thread mentioning a different feat to support Low 1-C, so are we just scaling off of TDK or using that too?

However, I'd still recommend waiting until the next issue comes out to be safe.

Prime's story has likely finally ended now. Waiting for another issue to come out doesn't matter much.

What do the rest of you think about his retcon punch, and should other characters scale from his Low 1-C statistic, or should we consider them fighting him as plot-induced stupidity? Also, what about pre-Crisis Superman?

Although, we do know that TBWL loves the whole "this was all according to my plan" thing
This is what I was referring to; not something on SBP's part changing, but something on TDK's.
What do the rest of you think about his retcon punch, and should other characters scale from his Low 1-C statistic, or should we consider them fighting him as plot-induced stupidity?
I think we should just make a new key for it and not have others scale. Characters that fought him, even while amped, like Monarch clearly weren't Low 1-C imo.

What do the rest of you think about his retcon punch, and should other characters scale from his Low 1-C statistic, or should we consider them fighting him as plot-induced stupidity? Also, what about pre-Crisis Superman?
What other characters?

As for Pre-Crisis Superman obviously disagree. Prime is a Meta-Aware character who can manipulate the continuity because he is representative of a comicbook fan. His powers shouldn't scale to other Pre-Crisis dudes.

Also, I think it makes perfect sense narratively for Prime to suddenly be way stronger than he ever was now that he is fighting for good and for a hopeful future. DC and specially Scott Snyder loves doing these things where a character motivated by hope or justice goes beyond all his limitations and defeats the far stronger villain because "Heroes prevail in the end".

Are we going for Low 1-C or 1-A? SBP went up against a TBWL that had just killed Perpetua and possesses Dr Manhattan's powers. Which to my understanding would make him 1-A.

Last edited:
Are we going for Low 1-C or 1-A? SBP went up against a TBWL that had just killed Perpetua and possesses Dr Manhattan's powers. Which to my understanding would make him 1-A.
Fair question. The Low 1-C seems very arbitrary. He's only displayed either 1-A or 2-A feats. The only Low 1-C feat that I can think of is that he did some Sphere of the Gods shenanigans that could maybe be interpreted as Low 1-C. But he has more showings as 2-A or 1-A, choosing Low 1-C is very weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back