• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Dragonmasterxyz said:
It helps that Byleth comes from a much better game. So he's gonna be seen in a bit of a better light.
That is definitely balanced out by the inclusion of Chrom, Corrin and Roy on launch and the Fact that people were expecting far more for the final character of pack 1. Byleth might be seen worse honestly.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
It helps that Byleth comes from a much better game. So he's gonna be seen in a bit of a better light.
Agreed, that said Fates had a great ost (barring the reused Awakening ones) the story on the other hand... oof!.

I am not talking about his inclusion in Smash. I am simply talking about Byleth the character in the Fire Emblem fandom. Could careless how Smash fans see the character.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
I am not talking about his inclusion in Smash. I am simply talking about Byleth the character in the Fire Emblem fandom. Could careless how Smash fans see the character.
Makes sense.

Soooo... I am a bit lost, when's Byleth added? Pretty sure Sakurai mentioned it but I completely missed it.

Finally downloaded Terry, and holy frig he's fun to play.

Who do you guys want buff and nerfed?

I think Joker's alright, although I do wish the Arsen meter wouldn't fill as quickly from recieving damage.

Sweet, gonna try out (and suck with) them heavy weapons =P

@Volley: Hmm... I haven't really kept up with the game that much to notice who's really in need for balancing. Though I'd really wish they'd tweak a bit Cloud's normal Climhazzard. Make it auto-grab the ledge like Marth's Dolphin Slash and maybe be able to travel horizontally a bit like Roy's Blazer. It would still be a pretty poor recovery move, but Cloud isn't insane anymore to need a major gimp.

Buff Roy's Recovery just like how Corrin's Recovery got buffed, just a little more distance and knockback

@Mitch Actually, the low killpower was intentional. It used to kill decently well in Smash 4, but since that's not as much of a necessity for him since eveything else that isn't grab kills now.

@Tarta That's fair.

As for other characters, I would like Corrin's side-b to be a bit better (somewhere between its current version and Smash 4 in terms of frame data and power), and for Pit's hitboxes to be bigger than an orange.

@CrackerVolley

Oh I know it kills in Smash 4 and doesn't now, however I do want it to get a buff in range, cause I'm greedy for my main, he doesn't need it to kill since everything kills for Roy, but still an increase in range would be great

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
Buff Roy's Recovery just like how Corrin's Recovery got buffed, just a little more distance and knockback
Please no. Roy already has way to many kill moves and his recovery is super hard to gimp if you don't have a disjoint.

They reduced Joker's meter building from being beaten up, just as I predicted.

@Pulinno Lucario's shield is slightly bigger, along with a few other characters.

CrackerVolley said:
They reduced Joker's meter building from being beaten up, just as I predicted.
@Pulinno Lucario's shield is slightly bigger, along with a few other characters.
That's not what they did with Joker. Joker now loses Arsene faster when hit with Arsene out.

Also, almost all characters got larger Shields, only like 10 didn't.

lol I ******* wish it was like that.

Imagine the power of Ike, but also having Marth's tippers, the range of Corrin but the speed of Ganondorf.

Goddamn is he so strong and has so many shieldbreaks... he's just so goddamn slow.

Yeah, they slow and not really great, but they are damn fun, shennanigans are great with them, I mean seeing people online stupidly shield constantly and have it broken just brings a smile to my face

I noticed that while on ledge, you can use byleth side B and regrab it to clear that part of the stage off. Side B in general doesn't have as much ending lag as I expected. Seems to be decent for edgeguarding since it's huge.

The Up-B is really ******* strong. Begins spiking around 50, untechabble at 80.

It's so damn strong, it sucks you can't really combo into it and it actually leaves you in disadvantage since it puts opponents in advantage if performed on stage since it spikes them down and leaves you up.

Her up b is only good depending where you use it, since certain characters with good recoveries can still make it back. However, you could potential kill them at 100%. If you down tilt, use up b, and immediately use side b then it kills. Only issue is it won't work on certain characters due to weight or some can DI it.

IMadeThisOn8-1-2017 said:
It actually leaves you in disadvantage since it puts opponents in advantage if performed on stage since it spikes them down and leaves you up.
This is one of the things that really bothered me about this character, that and they seem slower than Ganon, it wouldn't be a stretch to say that this character is going to be mid tier at the very most.

I wouldn't exactly say it leaves you at a disadvantage, Byleth's down air is a decent landing option because of how strong it is. Not to mention people will be in the damaged animation, so overall you could still make it back. But overall she feels like mid-tier. I still stand by Joker being the best DLC as he's just the most fun and he's my second main.

Too bad I can't find a good out of shield option for her, n-air doesn't have enough range and her other moves have too much start up lag. So grabing is all I got.

>I wouldn't exactly say it leaves you at a disadvantage, Byleth's down air is a decent landing option because of how strong it is.

Parry or literally just overextend it since the dair isn't such a disjointed hitbox.

Seriously, the disadvantage it puts you is huge since it leaves you high in the air and immediately sends the opponent to the ground due to spiking.

>Not to mention people will be in the damaged animation, so overall you could still make it back.

Byleth doesn't fall fast and he's put further up, furthering his disdvantage.

Also, the damage animation isn't much lag compared to how high in disadvantage you aare.

Honestly, Byleth is basically a barely faster Ganon with more range. I don't even think he's a strong mid-tier. He's a low mid-tier basically.

Byleth is hella fun, but whether or not they is good is another story, they are slow and strong, which is usually a frowned upon combo

You need to play them slow and patient, I think a lot of people try to rush down other characters with them, which is not how their meant to be played, it's unknown how good they'll be at the moment, I think people in this community jump to conclusions really fast sometimes, I just say we wait and see, I do agree that my bet is on Mid Tier though

Byleth's down air comes out at frame 22, so I don't recommend using it outside of the laggy online, being hit by it is like getting hit with a slow forward smash, it's completely your fault.

DatOneWeeb said:
Too bad I can't find a good out of shield option for her, n-air doesn't have enough range and her other moves have too much start up lag. So grabing is all I got.
Up-Smash is sometime useful. Do you have C-stick bound to tilt or smash attacks?

So, how would a smash bros tier list go based on the announcement trailers? Who'd be the strongest so far?

Ex. Captain Falcon > Lucina and Chrom, Ridley > Mario and Mega Man...

Kirby is probably > Mario, since the former beat the possesed latter with only a few weak spirits (straight up just Eevee, Celeste, and Smoky Progg).

Back