• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Super Smash Discussion 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please no more Mario characters...

At this point I won´t be surprised anymore if someone actually wants Goomba for Smash...

Seriously, we have more than 20 Mario characters in the game already, I´ll feel uncomfortable if I see another one getting in, even if it´s Waluigi at this point.

Now I know how some felt when FE got a sudden burst of characters in, but at least they deserved it as the series wasn´t portraying all the most notable main characters until then.

Mario, however, even if I like it more than FE, has gotten so many characters they actually got to the point of adding fodder in (literally and figurativelly), it´s clearly different than FE in this regard for a very good reason.

I´m okay if they only make Mario have the biggest cast of all the other franchises because Nintendo clearly wants to give cookies to their mascot, but I think they have gone too far.

Bobsican said:
Please no more Mario characters...

At this point I won´t be surprised anymore if someone actually wants Goomba for Smash...
King Boo is likely because of the new Luigi's Mansion game and Nintendo is choosing the list of potential DLC newcomers. King Boo will definetly be on that list. DLC speculation got really spicy all of a sudden.

Royalty1702 said:
King Boo is likely because of the new Luigi's Mansion game and Nintendo is choosing the list of potential DLC newcomers. King Boo will definetly be on that list. DLC speculation got really spicy all of a sudden.
Seriously, no more Mario characters please.

It is extremely creepy that you noticed that @Bob Also he editted them like a month ago...

Why it´s creepy?

Also, I´m sorry for all the stuff I caused there, I just noticed that at best it´s super questionable what I was intending to do in that thread.

That's a thread on my wall that should have been closed, but you monitored it an entire month later, while said thread had no actual topics because it was a wall thread meaning you had to manually look for it.

I guess? Looking at the history it was just add ons to what he said, nothing "questionable"

I mean, it´s one of the sample threads used to make that one rule to ban that topic.

I just browsed around the wiki out of boredom.

Looks generic but his appearance is cool. It seems like Smash just loves giving MK things that have never appeared in Kirby games before. He shall turn into a dragon next time.

When you remember the fact that all the Smash characters are not the actual canon characters, but are merely just toys being played with and all the story is just someone's imagination, as said by Sakurai himself in the Direct, the CIS/Plot Induced Stupidity of some characters being so easily killed in World of Light becomes pretty much irrelevant lol

Given Nintendo decided the characters and Smash is already crazy popular as it is, won't they use the DLC as the chance to promote upcoming games? No real basis, but it's just a feeling I am getting with all this.

Huh, well then... If I had to take a guess then I'd say new Fire Emblem hero/heroine and Gen VIII starter pokemon (the next gen does come out on switch in 2019).

Prehistorich said:
at this point i don't assume for DLC. Piranha Plant proves Sakurai will add whoever the **** he wills to, and there is so much contention and potential ideas for newcomers, so i take the safest route and use the least amount of assumptions
Picking another Piranha Plant would diminish the point of Piranha Plant though: wacky, literally generic, mook, only real purpose is to get fireball'd, etc.

Prehistorich said:
at this point i don't assume for DLC. Piranha Plant proves Sakurai will add whoever the **** he wills to, and there is so much contention and potential ideas for newcomers, so i take the safest route and use the least amount of assumptions
Goku, Spongebob and Shrek confirmed when Sakurai gets high af.

Backg2
Leaving copyright at a side of course

This seems to be a summary of what the wiki wants the most.

Peter "Quicksilver" Maximoff said:
I see only five characters in the picture that could make the game.
I think there are 12 if we count Ash and Klonoa.

I mean, why stick to just gaming characters? I seriously want just a multimedia fighting game with Smash mechanics with the whole Nintendo cast.

The closest I could find for that is Smash Flash 2 and Crussade.

OvO

Yay, for once I actually get the chance to see someone I actually want in get in.

Also, what do you mean by that Ash is already in teh game technically? Red doesn´t count.

Bobsican said:
OvO
Yay, for once I actually get the chance to see someone I actually want in get in.

Also, what do you mean by that Ash is already in teh game technically? Red doesn´t count.
Technically they're the same person. Like Gary/Green, Brendon/Ruby, May/Sapphire and Serena/Y.

I mean, his apearance doesn´t resemble Ash at all, not even in the DS or Switch remake.

The closest we have got is Yellow, but even that technically isn´t Ash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back