• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Super Smash Discussion 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bobsican said:
This video made me commit game over. When I saw Snake was above Kirby, I wanted to stop there. Like some of these are basic assumptions. "Oh these characters beat gods therefore they should be placed S tier" or with what that guy did to Ness and Lucas. Oh dear... "They have magic powers and stuff" and ended off with "they're just kids". I don't want to talk about that. A few tier list I saw placed Kirby at S tier because of the "infinite" power statement. Just game end me. Or I'll just do the Little Mac side B off the stage.

Kirby fodders solos Metal Gear.

Just noticed that Mac was at the same tier with Donkey Kong, possibly because of the crossover in the Wii game.

I'm pretty sure it was just a guest appearance, like how Thanos appeared in Fortnite, they aren't necessarily the same character or true to their canon counter parts. More examples include Master Hand appearing in the Amazing Mirror game. It was just unexpected.

Well, Nintendo often crossoving over their own franchises is why we made Nintendo a verse page, so it´s questionable whether it´s canon or not, but as it happened very few times, it´s likely an outlier anyways.

We made a Nintendo page for the ulterior motive of not having to link Mario, Zelda, and Pokémon all in the featured franchises section.

DaBigP said:
True that. Say, wasn't there a "The Player" page in the Nintendo verse?
I wonder what happened to it...

I could maybe make it 2-A via Play Coins, which are a currency SMT characters like.

DaBigP said:
I'm pretty sure it was just a guest appearance, like how Thanos appeared in Fortnite, they aren't necessarily the same character or true to their canon counter parts. More examples include Master Hand appearing in the Amazing Mirror game. It was just unexpected.
What he said. Actually, isn't there room to make SSB profiles for all of the characters in Smash, scaling them to Kirby?

Starter Pack said:
What he said. Actually, isn't there room to make SSB profiles for all of the characters in Smash, scaling them to Kirby?
I'm pretty sure that was already argued if I do recall, an addition to some suggesting, for example Ice Climbers (Or like all smash bros characters),being Low 2-C because they can defeat Tabuu and Master Hand.

It is impossible for manga characters to join (Super Smash Bros.).
While we can accept characters from other companies, we cannot, under any circumstances, take in anything and everything under the sky. That's because (Super Smash Bros.) is a game that requires everyone's cooperation.
~ Daddy Sakurai​
Rip Goku

The real cal howard said:
We can still get Spongebob and Simon the Digger then :)

Also, I got quite a bit of free time, so I even bothered to make a moveset for Spongebob:

- Specials:

Neutral B: Net Launcher (Launches a net that temporally stuns a foe).

Side B: Summons a big rock to use it as a vehicle for a few seconds (Works in a very similar fashion to Wario´s Side B, but it´s slower, does a bit more damage if it hits and can burrow on the ground the hitted opponents).

Up B: Bubble Bash (Taken from Battle for Bikini Bottom, but also inflates himself at the end, making the bubble explode, and then just glides unless the up B command is done again, which makes Spongebob just fall fully vulnerable, https://youtu.be/iXyXaPvpuyw?t=167).

Down B: Bubble Wand (Blows a bubble, it can stun a foe if it hits for a short period of time, it can also reflect proyectiles, so long they aren´t sharp).

- Smash Attacks:

Down Smash: Summons a few jellyfishes slightly above himself to make a thunderbolt downwards.

Up Smash: Charges water and shoots it mainly upwards (Sort of like in Truth or Square, the more charged, the higher it goes)

Side Smash: Rotates around himself to make a multi-hitting move (https://youtu.be/ntNsGbW08qo?t=62).

- Tilts:

Neutral Tilt: Karate Slap (https://youtu.be/BrhQpqNzLf4?t=352).

Side Tilt: Spongebob takes a jellyfish out of his pocket and hits nearby foes in front of himself with an electric shock.

Up Tilt: Scrubs upwards with the Magic Pencil (Using the eraser side of it).

Down Tilt: Turns himself into a spatula shape and hits the ground (has a meteoric effect if used on the ledge of a stage, https://youtu.be/wjPXFxkaUW4?t=128).

Dash Attack: Slides on the ground forwards (https://youtu.be/iXyXaPvpuyw?t=157, the move automatically stops when getting on the border of a stage, unless the side movement input is still on, like Fox´s Side B).

- Aerials:

Neutral Aerial: Karate Rotation (https://youtu.be/qtUO9hAERXM?t=1679).

Up Aerial: Cruise Bubble (Taken from Battle for Bikini Bottom, will also make Spongebob go automatically a bit upwards if Spongebob still has at least 1 aerial jump left).

Frontal Aerial: A spatula swing, has slashing damage output

Back Aerial: Turbo Mode Spatula (Featured in the ending of his first episode, also gives him momentup forwards just like Corrin´s Back Aerial, but also a bit upwards, has quite a bit of endlag, so it can´t really be used for infinite recovery to get back to the stage).

Down Aerial: Bubble Bounce (Taken from Battle to Bikini Bottom)

- Grab/Throws:

Grab: Jellyfishing Net.

Aerial Tether Grab (Attack): Extends his tongue.

Aerial Tether Grab (Stage Edge Grab): Stretches his arm to grab it.

Pummel attack while grabbing: Restrains the foe with a jellyfish coming out of his jellyfishing net, which electrifies them.

Up Throw: Throws them upwards with the net and then stabs them by quickly extending his body upwards (https://youtu.be/NmzX1mV9ViI?t=120).

Frontal Throw: Throws the foe frontwards with the net while also throwing a krabby patty to them, should the krabby patty miss, it will just stay on the stage for a brief period of time, in which it can be eaten, before it just dissapears into a pile of smoke, ust like any other item.

Back Throw: Grabs the jellyfish´s tentacles and then quickly rotates himself to gain momentum and throw them behind Spongebob, after which the jellyfish explodes into an electric burst, leaving light particles behind, resembling the ones the Magic Book makes when teleporting something).

Down Throw: The jellyfish jumps downwards with Spongebob also doing so on it.

- Other:

Final Smash: The game stops for a bried period of time while he turns himself into the Invincibubble form and blows a big array of bubbles upwards, all while also making the beats with the guitar to then also send a big beam to the bubbles, making them explode and sending everyone that got caught by it flying, after which the beam itself falls down to the stage bypassing anything in it´s path (inclusing the stage itself), while Spongebob quickly goes back to his normal form.´╗┐

Crouching: Spongebob compresses his body it his clothes, reducing his own size to about half of it.

Size in-game: As big as Mario, but slightly smaller.

Number of jumps avaiable: 3

Noise when jumping: (Those noises that happen in Battle for Bikini Bottom).

Attack power: High (comparable to Ike)

Defense: Low (Comparable to Jigglypuff).

Speed running: About the speed of Robin, almost as fast as Sonic with Dash Attack..

Speed walking: Up to Luigi.

Fall speed: Like Peach.

SIde aerial speed: Like Pikachu.

Ko sounds and taunts: https://youtu.be/ntNsGbW08qo?t=208

Attack when getting back up when being tired on the floor: Quickly grabs his square-shaped teeth to throw them into a rotating direction around Spongebob while he gets up, right after which they go back to his mouth.

Attack when getting up while grabbing the edge of a stage: Quickly blows 3 bubbles frontwards, which quickly explode afterwards.

Special mechanics:

Floating: Hold the jump button to make Spongebob inflate himself and far slower, he´ll fall as normal if he uses any other move.

Fall speed while floating: Like Jigglypuff´s

Side aerial speed while floating: Same

@Bob "While we can accept characters from other companies, we cannot, under any circumstances, take in anything and everything under the sky." RIP Simon and Spongebob

@Warren to be fair, what we got isn't Ridley design wise. It's like comparing Goku and SSJ4 Goku.

He only said so for manga characters.

That other quote could be reffering to characters that woudld be considered as fully ill-tasted if they got in (say, for example, Barney the Dinosaur or the Teletubies).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back