• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(Super Simple) Lethal Company Downgrade

It having other supernatural elements can point to another one not being all that out of the question. Since it lacks hands and a spare coil, it would already need some supernatural explanation for how it replaces your neck. Directly replacing your neck with a power makes more sense to me than it grabbing a coil out of thin air when it isn’t fast enough to do what is suggested. It’s not immensely super fast, so it having time to pull out a coil, smack your head off, and shove the coil in there (with no arms and coil) doesn’t sound likely to me.

Last edited:
A coil it doesn’t lose upon killing you, it’s the one that holds onto its head (so straight up it’s neck). Another coil, the one it needs to kill you, would be coming out of thin air.
It has an entire internal section to store coils. We see at least one segment of coil exiting from this. At the very least it is far more substantial than hand waving transmutation of all things through, which is unsupported in all ways.

The point of this thread was just to remove a faulty calc and the feat associated with it, other discussion can probably go to the discussion thread

Can we change the 9-B to 9-C at least? I know it may be dura neg, but the feat itself is 9-C

It has an entire internal section to store coils. We see at least one segment of coil exiting from this. At the very least it is far more substantial than hand waving transmutation of all things through, which is unsupported in all ways.
We have no clue if there are more coils in there, and even assuming that’s the case there are no ways for it to get them out. There is only one hole in its body it that has a coil connecting the head to the body in the way. The coil head also doesn’t have hands to pull those coils out. Even assuming it has them.

I will just say, let me just make a thread on the coil head thing, I will be busy until the 9th due to school. So I will drop coil head for now. Sorry for the interruption but it was related and it just kinda kept going.

For the ghost, I hold my old opinion. Unknown to possibly 9-C ap with possibly for which ever power it could likely be.

We have no clue if there are more coils in there, and even assuming that’s the case there are no ways for it to get them out. There is only one hole in its body it that has a coil connecting the head to the body in the way. The coil head also doesn’t have hands to pull those coils out. Even assuming it has them.
"We have no clue if there's more coils in there so clearly he has to be transmuting" is not, one feels, a Good Take.

Occam's Razor applies. Nothing you're saying requires less assumptions than him just... coiling us.

The point of this thread was just to remove a faulty calc and the feat associated with it, other discussion can probably go to the discussion thread

Can we change the 9-B to 9-C at least? I know it may be dura neg, but the feat itself is 9-C
Yeah, though I still feel it's probably more dura neg than anything.

"We have no clue if there's more coils in there so clearly he has to be transmuting" is not, one feels, a Good Take.

Occam's Razor applies. Nothing you're saying requires less assumptions than him just... coiling us.
That’s not my point, the point is that it lacks arms, speed, and any evidence of having more coils. I legitimately just do not see how it could be doing it physically. The only spot it could store them, maybe, has its head in the way (and again, no arms to pull any coils out of that hole)

Edit: Though please let me just save this for another thread. Sorry about that, not a good time for me with the coil head and not the thread for it.

Though I am glad we agree on the ghost girl part. I view that the same (and was just saying possibly 9-C just to be safe, I want to clarify I don’t care about the coil head I just can’t see it any other way with what the creature has).

Your calculation cites a link saying average weight is 62 kg yet uses 80 kg. Why?

I’m too busy to chat much, but majority of the employees prior to the player were men, as stated by the logs, and they all use the same suits (which are male height based on how the male character describes how it fits on them). I would find it strange if multiple groups of four were all girls when men and girls are 50/50 population wise and men were the vastly large majority of the employees through everything we know about the company.

They're built like a man
This doesn't matter.

Now, here's where I arrive in my considerations: the company surely contains men, so using a male weight is probably fine, since the employees are indistinguishable from one another.

However, the data you're using is from 2005, where newer sources place not even the highest averages at 80 kg (North America averaging at 177 pounds, or about 70 kg).

So, using male weight is probably fine, but you ought to use a more accurate source.

Wait is that American (the country) or North American? The company is specifically a us company if I remember correctly. Though I do think America has a weight problem currently (as in many people are overweight) so I think using a lower weight would make sense.

Wait is that American or North American? The company is a us company. Though I do think America has a weight problem currently (as in many people are overweight) so I think using a lower weight would make sense.
Doesn't lethal company take place sometime in 1960s?

The logs took place in the past, but the main game takes place in the future (I think around 2500)

Wait is that American (the country) or North American? The company is specifically a us company if I remember correctly. Though I do think America has a weight problem currently (as in many people are overweight) so I think using a lower weight would make sense.
That's North America. Though, the Company is also earlier than modern day (iirc Sogurd's logs are dated like, what, 1968?).

The logs took place in the past, but the main game takes place in the future (I think around 2500)
Is this stated somewhere?

Let me try to find it, there was a lore video I watched that mentioned there was something giving a date.

I found what I was looking for. Apparently the date saying we are in the future comes from the in game owner’s manual.

However, the data you're using is from 2005, where newer sources place not even the highest averages at 80 kg (North America averaging at 177 pounds, or about 70 kg).

So, using male weight is probably fine, but you ought to use a more accurate source.
Where are you seeing 2005?

Nvm just saw it

Also most sites put the weight pretty high this one is almost 90 kg
Not for the time period, and I'm still not sure where we're getting USA for this. Waiting to see the scans for that'n.

The time period is vague at best so there isn't really much we can do about that
I mean there definitely is the chance to do our due diligence. I'm waiting for Keeweed to post scans, since I'm currently unable to check myself.

Sorry for the late reply, it was late where I live. I tried finding the scan last night, but couldn’t yet. And today and tomorrow I got two very important school exams. So I will try to find where the date comes from Friday afternoon. Sorry for the wait. This is my last week of school for semester.

So the new update apparently increased fall damage and I can’t find the date (but I didn’t actually own the game). I may finally get it and test the new fall damage to make a new thread on the ap later. As for the ghost girl though, what power is everyone still leaning towards.

So the new update apparently increased fall damage and I can’t find the date (but I didn’t actually own the game). I may finally get it and test the new fall damage to make a new thread on the ap later. As for the ghost girl though, what power is everyone still leaning towards.
I’m fine with dura neg tbh

Yeah, I don't know the exact limit but you can now die falling off of Titan and even the water tower on Experimentation. The fall damage calc may need to wait a bit longer.

So we just need to test if the fall is enough to kill you and then were golden
Well, you'd have to use the average weight back then (probably 1970s?), and I also didn't find anything that stated it was a United States company, so probably global as opposed to US.

I remember the company location came from signs on the facilities, but considering the 2500 date seems to come out of thin air, I would need to dig for that myself. Also the facilities and company could be different organizations entirely. So for now global and 1970s would be best. The Titan’s max fall kills you but I heard it does 100 damage out of 100 health so maybe a story lower or so is survivable.

The Titan’s max fall kills you but I heard it does 100 damage out of 100 health so maybe a story lower or so is survivable.
the calc was only falling off a small hill on what i think was assurance? I think thats still survivable but idk

Back