• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
So, after playing the game a bit, it turns out entities don't just appear infront of vents, but have animations for crawling out of the vents, including large ones like the thumper

so i think body control is actually safe to stay, as they're given actual animations of them moving their body in a way to fit in the small vents and getting out

So, after playing the game a bit, it turns out entities don't just appear infront of vents, but have animations for crawling out of the vents, including large ones like the thumper

so i think body control is actually safe to stay, as they're given actual animations of them moving their body in a way to fit in the small vents and getting out
Huh. Good intel, that bit's fine then.

kinda stupid

but fine.

The only ones that wouldn't qualify for body control is the Coil-Head and (i think) the nutcracker, as both just spawn infront of the vent instead of being given an animation for crawling out, which i'm assuming is because they logically can't bend their bodies like that
Nutcracker could still keep it just for different reasons. like turning its eye 360 degrees

As before, I have an issue with a number of things on Lethal Company pages. Most of these are on a whim, I just read through the pages casually and found a large number of things I don't agree with. So, this CRT will be me addressing those issues. If you have something you also think is wrong, feel free to mention it- though it might not fit this CRT and require one of its own, I figure its worth hearing.
I didn't get pinged but this isn't one of those types of threads, so I'm commenting here.
Thumper
  • Elasticity is based on "rubbery skin" when that's more likely a reference to texture than quality. Given we don't see Thumper ever do anything elastic (and the idea of it kinda goes against their lore, since they could just remove their feet from their eggs otherwise), I think this is an unwise addition.
  • A calc for speed would be nice. Superhuman suffices for now.
Agree.
Bracken
  • "High intelligence" for something considered to be wildlife isn't generally above human levels. I'd leave it at "unknown".
  • Its Deconstruction isn't really worthy of note as an ability it has, when all it really means is that its body rapidly deteriorates after death.
  • Information on surviving a shotgun is inconsistent at best, since the shotgun appears to do somewhat randomized damage (which makes sense, given that it is a shotgun). I will note that point-blank shots with the shotgun have been known to insta-kill. I will ping @Roachman40 to confirm since I've seen the ************ do it.
Like someone else mentioned, they could get High Animalistic.
Pretty sure the shotgun kills it if you get close enough, so it's not durable enough to withstand a shotgun's full blast, only part of it, but even that part could be argued to be game mechanics. I don't think there needs to be a durability for surviving a shotgun pellet on its profile.
Nutcracker
  • Using damage values to justify tier is insane. 100 damage is exactly how much health a character has. This means that anything dealing 100 damage is just "can one-shot the employee". This would include a landmine going off or the moon crashing into us or our brain exploding. The Nutcracker has no 9-B melee feats, just one-shotting the Player, which is at least 9-C. I'm more okay with the shotgun being listed as 9-B, since it can do significantly more than the shovel.
  • Should note the weakness of considerable damage dropoff with the shotgun. It's even seemingly more pronounced than real life shotguns.
Agree.
Snare Flea
  • Depending on the outcome of @Comiphorous' CRT he made a while back, I think we ought to list this mf as "At least 10-B" for being able to restrain the Employee's head, since that CRT will adjust the Employee to "10-B, 9-C with weapons" or what have you.
It takes a while to kill a person, so I agree.
"Jeb"/The Incredible Terror
  • His 5-B rating is completely unsupported. The feat is terribly vague in describing it- how long the process took, for example. We feed the Company piles of metal a day, and yet we're expected to believe he ate an entire planet in a single bite? The calc for it even puts the value far lower- and that isn't accepted (pinging you, @TheRustyOne) for the exact same logic above: we don't know the context of how he ate it. We don't even know the planet's size, but if he ate all of it, we do know it is a small planet, because it is inside of a creature significantly smaller than a moon.
  • I think we should rename the page to "The Company Monster", as that is what the community actually refers to it as (including its own wiki), and apparently it is also listed as "CompanyMonster" in the game files. I was confused as hell when I saw this name applied to it.
  • I don't know where the 500 years figure comes from. I'd be willing to believe it, but I want to know where that specific number originates from.
  • The Large Size will need downgraded, obviously, since the creature itself is smaller than the moon it resides on. Whatever the "golden planet" is, it was not nearly comparable to Earth in size.
  • I think a number of the things on the profile attributed to "Jeb" are the work of the real company coordinators, spoken about in Sigurd's logs, that are on the other side of the solar system. Specifically, I believe the Memory Manipulation is more likely attributed to them (the hirers of the employees being manipulated) than to the creature (which seems to largely just eat things). Ditto for the intelligence bit, as well as maybe Technology Manip. It seems to be able to distort the voicelines somewhat, since part of them speak as though they are the company caretakers ("Your work keeps the company happy" whereas others are audibly distorted and seems to come from the monster itself ("This wall cannot contain me").
  • I think at least a part of its resistances are a matter of size (paralysis, status effect, poison, electricity). We are talking about a creature the size of god-knows-what, poison can only do so much. A stun grenade hitting its hand here when its brain and sensory organs are unfathomable distances away would mean functionally nothing. The stun gun would need to be leagues more powerful to actually affect something of this scope. Etc. Radiation one is fine, though, and the only one I think is objectively wrong is the status effect one. The other two are correct but should note that it is in relatively small (microscopic, even) doses.
  • Speed should probably be Superhuman for blitzing employees. Calc may also be cool here, specifically calculating the tentacles shooting out suddenly to snatch up players.
While I'm personally unsure if the planet-eating monster and the company monster are one and the same, either way the tier 5 rating is indeed unsupported. I mentioned the calc previously, but someone put tier 5 on the page anyways.
I partially agree with the resistance removal, but for a somewhat different reason: I don't think you can tell if you're hitting the monster. There's not much indication it's in the opening until a tentacle comes out. It could be not next to it until it decides to shift a limb over.
General Issues
  • Radiation resistance should mention that they aren't affected immediately. It is suggested that, for example, employees are affected by radiation- the suit still warns them that this is, in fact, a danger. It's just that they don't suffer instant consequences. But with radiation, this is often the case: extreme exposure can cause debilitating lifelong effects without melting you instantly, after all. They can weather the extreme effects of radiation for hours on end, and arguably even days or weeks- but in a certain context it is definitely arguable that the same levels of radiation will kill them, or lead to their death/incapacitation.
  • The vent thing mentioned on creature profiles... I don't know how to feel about it. It seems like game mechanics to me, since it goes against certain ideas that the game puts forward. The idea that every creature is a contortionist in that specific context but nowhere else where it would help seems more like a contrivance intended to be looked over rather than a legitimate feature of the creatures.
That's about all I got for an off-the-cuff CRT on these pages. I'd like to hear thoughts on proposed alternatives to the Company Monster's ratings, since it could be really really high or not much at all.
The vent thing was covered so I won't mention it. I will also note that if the vent thing is being kept, will profiles for night monsters get Underground Mobility due to crawling out of the ground? Here's an example with Forest Keepers.

I didn't get pinged but this isn't one of those types of threads, so I'm commenting here.

Agree.

Like someone else mentioned, they could get High Animalistic.
Pretty sure the shotgun kills it if you get close enough, so it's not durable enough to withstand a shotgun's full blast, only part of it, but even that part could be argued to be game mechanics. I don't think there needs to be a durability for surviving a shotgun pellet on its profile.

Agree.

It takes a while to kill a person, so I agree.

While I'm personally unsure if the planet-eating monster and the company monster are one and the same, either way the tier 5 rating is indeed unsupported. I mentioned the calc previously, but someone put tier 5 on the page anyways.
I partially agree with the resistance removal, but for a somewhat different reason: I don't think you can tell if you're hitting the monster. There's not much indication it's in the opening until a tentacle comes out. It could be not next to it until it decides to shift a limb over.

The vent thing was covered so I won't mention it. I will also note that if the vent thing is being kept, will profiles for night monsters get Underground Mobility due to crawling out of the ground? Here's an example with Forest Keepers.
Underground mobility would imply they can dig through the ground with pretty high speeds, at least relative to human capabilities. I don't think the Forest Guardian unearthing itself necessarily applies.

Back